The BEST You've Dealt With Online

• Thread starter Spirit
  • 55 comments
My best times online are with the Grumpy British Racing Club (GRBC).

It's not just British there are all nationalities and everyone is welcomed. I haven't been able to get on in the evenings lately but when I do these guys are the first I look for.

I honestly think everyone who loves the game should try to join a club as you meet guys and gals who enjoy the game as much as you and it's amazing how much you can learn from them.

I found some French dudes online that are fun to race with. They race only stock cars and you'll see in the room description (less than 10PP) or words to that effect, because they don't want you to use more than 10PP reduction with the engine limiter. They mix up the regs a bit, the host is very polite and patient and it's good clean racing.

I guess today was my lucky day in the world of racing.

First, I was browsing around the lobby list looking for a good room. It was called 450-550PP Street Cars. So I joined. We voted Monza for the next track. I hopped into my 86 Racing and drove. Race started. No first turn mayhem, no major incidents, nothing, well except for a few bumps and scratches. Came in 9th place out of 12. We continued racing on different tracks until everyone decided to leave. Did 4 races in that room. Total strangers!

Then, I went to go see what my new friend @aerolite was doing. He was in a room with 2 other people. I joined just before the race started. It was 250 HP street cars with SS or less at Brands Hatch. We raced and raced until everyone had to go. Think we did 3 or 4 races together. Great races.

It was the best racing experience I've had since GT5.

Funny, I was going to start a thread with this title. Search is your friend! :D

So I joined a Free Roam lobby at Bathurst, figuring I'd give my X2014 Fan Car a run. Honestly, I expected to be kicked on sight, but nope. I was able to turn a few clean laps, and everyone paid me the utmost respect and courtesy and moved out of the way when I got close. One time I had to shoot the chicane at Brock's Skyline because there was a guy in a NASCAR car who'd managed to get to the braking zone before me, but that was the only thing resembling any form of incident with another player. It was really awesome. :)

Last edited:
I have run many public lobbies in GT5 & GT6, & have to say that 99% of the time the races are awesome (very clean as well). Since racing online in GT6, we've only had 1 idiot turn up who tried to spoil things (he got kicked quick smart), the rest of the time it's been great. It helps that my room has "CLEAN" & "CH-SH" in the title, so most of the bad drivers filter themselves out by choosing not to join in the first place! I find that un-tuned rooms attract a higher calibre of racer too.

Thanks to all the guys who've raced in my lobbies over the years & made it such a great experience! :cheers:

This morning I've joined a public club lobby on Fuji Speedway F, full of Japanese drivers. While it was your run-off-the-mill lobby without any restrictions, these drivers actually raced clean and all in all, it was without any screw-ups. Since it was a no-restriction lobby I've decided to answer a question I've been having for so long; which is faster between Senna's Lotus and the Formula GT. The others were pretty chill on that regard and didn't kick me out just because I was driving a car miles ahead of theirs - well, the club is called "Chilled Driving Club" or something like that. As a result, I've put the club on my Favorites, all while thinking: "Finally a no-restriction open lobby without rammers and spoiled brats.".

EDIT: The club's ID is as follows: 1026423
The club's latest activity is another no-restrictions open lobby, this time in Tsukuba.

Last edited:
Honestly, I've had tons of tons of great racing in online. It has its bugs, but if you know what to do, you can play non stop without problems. The first and most important one is to play people close to you geographically. From the same country if possible. If you're from a large country like the US, its even better if you play people from close states to you.

Also, to answer the topic, the best people I play are the older people (30-40 y/o) and just want to play to have some fun and some laughs and not obsessed with winning.

Had a lot of compliments over my GT-Military coloured Auto Union Streamliner today. Felt good that people appreciated something a little different, even if the hairpin at Cote D'Azur was a 5 point turn...

I found some French dudes online that are fun to race with. They race only stock cars and you'll see in the room description (less than 10PP) or words to that effect, because they don't want you to use more than 10PP reduction with the engine limiter. They mix up the regs a bit, the host is very polite and patient and it's good clean racing.
They're given a bad rap *whistles and looks around the room innocently* but I've had some of the most enjoyable experiences in lobbies packed with the French, and I've never had more fun racing a Miata against other Miatas than in a similar room.
My best times online are with the Grumpy British Racing Club (GBRC).
:P

I had to smile after this race. It was a 500pp, Sports Soft room and everybody was using the bloody go-to seasonal cheatmobile, the GSX-R/4. Shame they all got beaten, on a twisty track no less, by a 1992 Honda Civic.

IMAG0771_zps1cj6goxi.jpg

Funny how the "worst" online thread is 78 pages of jakholes, and the "best" is not even 2 pages long. That should tell us something about most online racers. I know the worst thread has been up longer, but this one has been up over a year.

I think that's expected because the "worst" experiences outnumber the "best" by a large margin. But even though I have encountered more bad experiences then good, it's the memories of the good ones that keeps me searching for that one room that I can enjoy a few hours of fun racing

As for me the best I've experienced online is whenever I race against people that run at a similar pace as I do, close quarter racing at Nordschleife is the most fun one can have in GT6 with the pants on 👍:D:tup:

Today I've had another great trackday experience, this time at Nordschleife, with a full lobby with people from Germany, Belgium, Japan, America, Spain, and even Hungary. I love it when no-restriction trackday lobbies aren't chock-full of rammers and posers.

Funny how the "worst" online thread is 78 pages of jakholes, and the "best" is not even 2 pages long. That should tell us something about most online racers. I know the worst thread has been up longer, but this one has been up over a year.
That and many people like to focus on the negative rather than the positive.

One time i was on the nurburgring and happen to be driving right beside another person for probably atleast a kilometre. No slowing down to let one ahead of the other, right beside eachother, no contact, it was perfect.

A few days ago, I went in a JP lobby that had Sierra as the track. It was unrestricted, and so I was able to bring out my fully-upgraded supercars to drive around, in this case a Murcielago SV that still had a somewhat rough tune. The room was quite full, and the players were clustered in groups. I was getting a bit bored because there wasn't a nearby player I could cruise with, and so I waited at the nearest parking lot.

I observed this group of players on the minimap approaching where I was parked and they were going at quite a fast pace. There were three of them, and so once the first car was about to approach the parking lot, I floored it to try to catch up to them. Once I caught up, I noticed they were using fully upgraded cars and driving as fast as they can, as if they were having a little race. One of them was driving an R33 GT-R, the other an RX-8, and I forgot the 3rd car (sorry 3rd dude :ouch: )

Anyway, as I was driving with them, I felt that they sort of welcomed me into their cruise group because they started to avoid hitting me as I was driving alongside them (bear in mind I was the ONLY non-JP player in the room bearing a US flag). I started racing with them, in turn. And I have to say, it was amazing; it felt like the 4 of us were playing Need for Speed or Wangan Midnight :lol: because all of us were just flooring it, and the RX-8 beside me was going as fast as my 900+hp Murcielago :odd: (I think it was because of the slipstream of the R33 in front, but still :dunce:) and when we were going to hit the slow corners on the track, we were just sliding around them after hard braking. What's even more amazing is that there were NO collisions while doing said sliding around. The racing was clean and dignified, all overtakes were executed flawlessly, and it lasted for nearly the entire track.

Call me a slow driver for failing to drive my Murcielago faster than an RX-8, you might think that the somewhat rough setup is an excuse for my Lambo being slow, but I don't care. It was a really amazing experience, and this is what keeps me coming back to playing GT6 every now and then. Kudos again to JP players :cheers::cheers:

Well I decided to buy GT6 for online racing, and guess what?
I'm quite happy with the game actually.
Yes it's not perfect but I can still have fun, usually "clean" lobbies are mixed with some dirty drivers but I don't care. Usually dirty drivers are not very fast so if they spun me I can still catch up staying close behind them and waiting for their mistake. Had good laughs this afternoon! LOL And it's a pleasure to battle with clean drivers.
I noticed if at least half lobby is driving clean and don't complain too much about accidents some of the dirty drivers try to be more careful in the next race. Maybe it's a psycological thing.

Back