Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Renault Clio

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Nissan R35 GTR

Votes: 36 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
Tuned Clio, Nissan GTR, Tuned Evolution X, very high on the list. The hacks seem to love these cars

GT5P Online User's Dictionary

Hack - A term used for competitors attempting to chop down the field (ie, ramming, brake checks, swerving, punting in the turn.) and they do it in a unsportsman like conduct.[/QUOTE]

Urban Dictionary

hack
a person who is a professional at doing some sort of service, but does crappy work.

man, that tattoo shop is full of hacks.

A hack is when you alter the game so that it is easier for you to win, like finding a way to equip r3 tires in a s2 restricted race.

These aren't hack cars, because the game itself makes them that way.

I think the reference can be found in definition #2 from here:

2. hack
a person who is a professional at doing some sort of service, but does crappy work.

man, that tattoo shop is full of hacks.

That's even funnier then CWR's definition :lol:

because it's true of alot of racers I see online...very fast but very poor when it comes to racing others properly

Any AWD car. I hope they make rear wheel drive pro events next time. I have only tried one AWD online so far, the gtr last night. I raced 2 races with it and went back to my honda nsx. I love that car, it's all I ever use. I really like the art morrison corvette too. There's nothing better than winning online with it. I don't even think I have ever seen anyone else use it.

GT5P Online User's Dictionary

Hack - A term used for competitors attempting to chop down the field (ie, ramming, brake checks, swerving, punting in the turn.) and they do it in a unsportsman like conduct.

Ah, lol, I thought you were using the term in the sense people use in online games when they generally refer to a cheat. I say people mis-use the term because originally at least, hacks (hackers) were those who specifically cheated through the use of hacking the games code and altering it.
Its mis-used a lot because most people rarely do this in PC games, and its very difficult to "hack" a console game if at all.

Here we go again? :rolleyes:

The car you choose to drive does not make you a hack/noob, the way you drive does. I can just as easily ram you in a viper as I can in a clio :dopey:

wow why were some of those cars even put on the list to vote for? ie. C6 and F430

but any AWD car becuase they require so lil talent to drive and they can bump and drive away as if nothing happened.

I can just as easily ram you in a viper as I can in a clio :dopey:

yea but some cars are more stable than others. So ramming somebody in an evo might be less likely to mess you up as if you rammed them in a lotus.

Personally I think the car that is most likely to race dirty is an s2000. Of course, that's also the car I see raced the most.

Earth: I think this is a rather presumptuous thread. Just what are the "politically correct" cars to drive?

Noobs are entitled to drive what they want as they learn the ropes.

Bumpers & punters show up in a whole variety of cars.

Experienced, skilled drivers quickly figure out which are the quickest cars to drive in a given race & tend to use them. The reality is, as IRL racing, even a good driver cannot win against other good drivers, if that driver is using a car with significantly inferior performance characteristics for the track.

What we do need, is the possibility to set up races limited to certain car types or makes. Then we will be able to competitively race some of the more "exotic" cars (I'm looking at you, you sexy F40!)

Earth: I think this is a rather presumptuous thread. Just what are the "politically correct" cars to drive?

Noobs are entitled to drive what they want as they learn the ropes.

Bumpers & punters show up in a whole variety of cars.

Experienced, skilled drivers quickly figure out which are the quickest cars to drive in a given race & tend to use them. The reality is, as IRL racing, even a good driver cannot win against other good drivers, if that driver is using a car with significantly inferior performance characteristics for the track.

What we do need, is the possibility to set up races limited to certain car types or makes. Then we will be able to competitively race some of the more "exotic" cars (I'm looking at you, you sexy F40!)

your right, but the EXPERT races arent for them...

b

Fair enough, but let's face it, the list of cars is basically all the cars that are competitive on Suzuka (+STi I would say). As the experience & consistency of the overall driving improves at Suzuka, it becomes harder & harder for a brilliant "rogue driver" in an idiosyncratic, under-performing car to get a good finish.

This is actually true to RL racing. The way this should go, is closely matched cars & drivers battling it out over multiple laps (not just 3), looking for an opening to make the clean pass, rather than the present, wild 3-lap dash...

I'm with Biggles on this one. If you can win with an inferior car then hats off, but if you can't, don't complain about those who use there best option.

@earth: the noobs can race in any race they want including the expert races. they paid for the game so they can race in what ever race they feel like. now yea i find them annoying but hey its there game they can play it how ever they want. ive learned how to adapt and overcome them so i find these people no problem to me for the most part.

Once the standard physics amateurs feel they are ready to become a REAL racecar driver then they need to DROP the AWD cars and start racing in the expert events

If they don't once FR or MR restrictions come they won't win they won't place I guarantee you right now they won't even finish the race

I've been punted by more Lancers than I care to count, which makes it number one on my personal hack list. However, I have had many races with Evo-drivers who are quite clean and very fast. Although there are a bunch of racers who abuse the Evo in expert events, automatically labeling it as a "hack car" is a bit prejudicial because it can be used well by good racers. I understand your frustration, Earth, but having a list of hack or noob cars is unfair to those who race well with them.

Hey man, I am on your side with the hacks. I love that term.. But in my opinion this thread goes a little too far man. I hate the noobs just as much as the next person. I hate it when they mess me up in a turn, when they punt of the straights and when they ram into the back of me because they cant brake properly. But with all that, all the hate; with all the frusterstation...I just leave it at the track.. and I suggest you try to do the same. At the end of the day its just a game. And just thinking about it and letting it manifest.. just makes it worse for you. And I agree hacks need to smashed into the ground like a bug. But no one is going to race you the way we do (GTP), and you are just going to have to get over it. I wish you would race more often, because you such good competition and I learn a lot when I race you. But you let THEM WIN. 🤬 them, come race us and have some fun.

I know you are a great clean race car driver, but this does nothing but hurt you.. As far as I am concerned this thread just adds (+1) to the thousands of threads and posts about this very same issue.

Sorry, but this is how I feel about the constant whinning that occurs on these forums about hacks and punters, noobs..whatever you call them. And quite frankly I am getting sick of it.

Sorry, but this is how I feel about the constant whinning that occurs on these forums about hacks and punters, noobs..whatever you call them. And quite frankly I am getting sick of it.

+100

I'm honestly beginning to think that Earth is really a Brit in disguise, because he sure moans like one.

I think a noob, or hack, or whatever else you want to label a driver with less skill or experience would probably muck up a race much worse if they drove a car they did not feel comfortable in.

You say some people have less rights to use expert races than others? Who the hell are you to say they can't drive there? 👎 The arrogance of some people is really starting to annoy me here, like they have more rights to use part of the game than others or something. :yuck:

Everybody paid for this game and they have an equal right to use it as they please. 👍

I welcome noobs in EXPERT races, because it's the only place they will ever learn how to drive properly. And if they need an Evo or Clio to do so, fine with me. Some people need to get there heads out of their asses and realise they were once beginners too.

If they don't once FR or MR restrictions come they won't win they won't place I guarantee you right now they won't even finish the race

The last time I checked, half the cars on your list were MR or FR. :rolleyes:

This thread seems full of people reading between the lines. The question is straightforward - what car is most popular with bad drivers?

The answer - plain and simple - evo's 9&10

Yes there are good drivers who use these - that wasn't the question.

Yes beginners are entitled to choose whatever car they please - that wasn't the question.

Most punters I've been hit by have been driving evo's and more than half the votes seem to agree.

The solution - some RWD-only events in the next update.

Interesting that this thread has become a vehicle for various members to occupy opposing moral high-grounds when all it did was ask a simple question.

It seems to me that the best way to avoid people moaning if it annoys you that much is to not read the threads with moaning in them.

If you want to race online however, it is impossible to avoid punters, particularly ones in Evos and Scoobies ;) ... one needs an outlet for the bad feelings otherwise there'd be alot more folk driving like t-wots seeking revenge for the last incident.

For what its worth, +1 to Pentagram for the drive-train category idea.

Back