The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Not sure if its been pointed out but Jimmie Johnsons name is spelled "Jimmy" in the car description for his 2013 car as well as in Earnhardts 2013 description

I found my BRZ not responding to rumble strips at all? I used a completely stock car on the National A One Make series for BRZ/GT-86/FRS race, hit one and it felt like smooth track?

Audio problem on Bathurst, usually near the end of Conrod or the esses. Basically sends a bad signal to my receiver triggering it to turn off for protection. This happens when the dsp is set to DTS, no problems if I have it output in stereo. No problems with any other track...

I had my game save get corrupted for no reason today, yay. I saved the game after changing some settings in my BMW McLaren F1, quit the game and came back later..when the home screen appeared, all looked normal, until I tried to enter a race, it said I had to get into a car. Which was odd because the BMW car was still listed at the top of the screen.

I couldn't even enter my garage either, it said I had no cars. This isn't true as I have bought every car in the game (I literally spent all day on my birthday buying cars using a 'tip' from IGN). So I bought an acura, went into the garage and all my garage cars were gone. I did see my 784 cars in the stockyard, but they weren't accessible either.

I tried did back up this gamesave to a usb drive (as I frequently do) and the cloud. But that corrupted gamesave was on those as well.

So, long story...long, if you start the game and see a prompt to load the backup file for absolutely no reason, then you know you are hosed.

I also can't restore my 'backup' gamesave from the cloud as you can only restore from that once every 24 hours. So best case scenario, I'm out about 2 hours of gameplay. Worst case scenario, I have to re-do just about all the Super races again. And here I thought I'd be done with the game inside of 2 weeks :ouch: Thankfully, I don't have to re-gold those 🤬 drift challenges, so that in itself is a win :lol:

Jerome

Got a replay from an online race that can't be loaded (was a 2 lap of nord 24hr). Some wierd stuff was happening that's why I saved it. Every time I try an load it, it just crashes the PS3 :mad:.

Got a replay from an online race that can't be loaded (was a 2 lap of nord 24hr). Some wierd stuff was happening that's why I saved it. Every time I try an load it, it just crashes the PS3 :mad:.

Ouch, A waste of your good footage.:ouch:

Did a tyre test under race conditions in an old Supra. Race Mediums were two second quicker per lap than Softs around GVS. Also, other guys reported being two seconds slower after their first pitstop, without refuelling, and running the same tyres as before.

I had my game save get corrupted for no reason today, yay. I saved the game after changing some settings in my BMW McLaren F1, quit the game and came back later..when the home screen appeared, all looked normal, until I tried to enter a race, it said I had to get into a car. Which was odd because the BMW car was still listed at the top of the screen.

I couldn't even enter my garage either, it said I had no cars. This isn't true as I have bought every car in the game (I literally spent all day on my birthday buying cars using a 'tip' from IGN). So I bought an acura, went into the garage and all my garage cars were gone. I did see my 784 cars in the stockyard, but they weren't accessible either.

I tried did back up this gamesave to a usb drive (as I frequently do) and the cloud. But that corrupted gamesave was on those as well.

So, long story...long, if you start the game and see a prompt to load the backup file for absolutely no reason, then you know you are hosed.

I also can't restore my 'backup' gamesave from the cloud as you can only restore from that once every 24 hours. So best case scenario, I'm out about 2 hours of gameplay. Worst case scenario, I have to re-do just about all the Super races again. And here I thought I'd be done with the game inside of 2 weeks :ouch: Thankfully, I don't have to re-gold those 🤬 drift challenges, so that in itself is a win :lol:

Jerome
I had a very similar experience (although I had no backup other than the PS3's onboard which when given the option I chose not to load from on startup) - how did you quit the game in the first instance?

European League races in International B at Ascari (race 3 I believe). It is set up as a 3 lap race and when I ran the M4, the game counted my 2nd and 3rd laps as one lap and made me do a fourth lap. After letting me run the entire last lap until it was over, I got 1 star and 12th place.

I painted my car "Sonic Blue" (From the 22B Impreza I believe) and it turned a deep black..not that I'm complaining as it looks quite good but I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant to happen..:dopey:

Bathurst - any online lobby - track flickers all the time in preview box, takes very long time to load, sounds cuts out when I enter track, resetting PS3 is only way to fix :(

Suddenly 75% of my car thumbnails were missing, and when I selected the blank cars and clicked update thumbnail image, the process froze after about 20 cars and then a few minute later I was thrown to the main menu. Seems there is one or more cars the game is unable to create a thumbnail for.

You better restore your thumbnails in V1.01, not V1.00.
In V 1.01 all cars are known and there's all info to restore your thumbnails.

Jerome
Man, that is a bummer :(. I have 14 different backups stored on my computer so far and if all of them didn't work I would have to wonder if the game data somehow was corrupt. I would definitely completely uninstall the game and try my game saves again before giving up. This needs to be PD's number 1 priority at the moment. It is also not cool that your back up game save didn't work. They need to rethink how often the backup save should be saved.

havn't searched the thread but its GT6 trophy related. for the fuel one if you just get into 1st place and run out of fuel, then restart the race you get the trophy.

I still can't do the second race on the racing kart 100 race 2. This is annoying, pd needs to hurry up and come out With a patch for this. Forget the DLC for right now they need to fix this along with other things that need to be fix. The good news though is that all the other events work fine. But still they need to come out with a patch.

You better restore your thumbnails in V1.01, not V1.00.
In V 1.01 all cars are known and there's all info to restore your thumbnails.
Yeah I am in 1.01 now, but there's a group of four cars that just doesn't want to know when I try to make a thumbnail.

I had a very similar experience (although I had no backup other than the PS3's onboard which when given the option I chose not to load from on startup) - how did you quit the game in the first instance?

I got into the BMW car, the game auto saved. I tweaked a few settings from within my garage and manually saved. Thats it. It's very odd. The 'backup' gamesave from the could did work, so I 'only' have to re-do two super races and the two IA races I did yesterday.

I tried to do some break-testing this morning before work by doing the same thing I did before, but it always saved properly, so I don't know what happened exactly.

I wish I knew what the trigger was so I could tell others what not to do, but it seems random and out of the blue tbh. I hadn't gotten a trophy in a while, I updated my car images in my garage a few days prior *shrug*

Jerome

Just ran the National A "Night Masters" race at Matterhorn, and well, it didn't end. The checkers were waiving at me after the 3rd lap, but the race just kept going and going until I decided to quit at sunrise. :confused:

***EDIT***

It worked the second time around. Strange

Last edited:
Tried to do Arcade Time Trial at Apricot Hill using the M4 and when I click Driving Settings it switched the mode to Single Race but wouldn't load event details. Had to restart to fix.

Earlier today I attempted Gold on the final Goodwood Hill Climb with the RedBull. The camera allowed me to drive the car from a replay vantage point, rather than normal cockpit or bumper can ect? First time I have had that?

In 1.00 you can only have 20 million. In 1.01 you can only have 50 million.

Haven't noticed it mentioned yet on the forums but online stability is aweful and i believe there is a problem with private rooms. The clubs and leagues section is abuzz with ruined league nights and mass chaos trying to organize a race night.

The 15th anniversary sls gt3 has no exhaust note.

Lighting (headlights) needs to be cut in half and objects on the side of the track need to not reflect the light so agressivly. Perhaps share some lighting with the other cars...

Nurburg 24hour main straight isn't lit bright enough along the pit straight, but is over lit directly across from it in the grand stand.

Back