The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
After going into Data Logger I select a replay I have from the recent Diablo time trial. It starts to load (about 1%) then the PS3 freezes and requires a reboot.

Another replay I made today of the new Toyota FT-1 lap loads without any issues.

Not sure if is just an issue with this data but that is all I have saved right now.

On type v of the Ring, screen tears at random, didn't happen in 1.05. Anyone else notice?

Plus while on track or spectating I get a white line up the right side of my plasma TV, about the width of the dashes by "best lap" when you are on your first lap.

After updating to 1.06 game shutters and lags badly when somebody enters/exits online lobby, in single player when AI cars switch positions during race game also shutters terribly which is really annoying sometimes.

When exiting replay photomode, sometimes game doesn't display replay controlls and freezes displaying still image from the moment you entered photo mode, you can do noting but exit the game.

Ever since updating to 1.06 there is a white bar down the right side of the screen. Only shows up in a race/gt auto/gallery view. Basically whenever the car is in any full screen view. completely weird.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue.

After going into Data Logger I select a replay I have from the recent Diablo time trial. It starts to load (about 1%) then the PS3 freezes and requires a reboot.

Another replay I made today of the new Toyota FT-1 lap loads without any issues.

Not sure if is just an issue with this data but that is all I have saved right now.
Well I had a similar freezing problem while trying to load reference data.
This gives me some hope that it was maybe because the PSN-PD network support had some issues around the update ... But tbh, as I know PD ... maybe this will persist. :(

When using hood view on the DeLorean, looking one way will cause the camera to turn the opposite way. This happened in GT5 with the DeLorean, as well as the PT Cruiser. Not sure if the same happens with the PT Cruiser in GT6.

I haven't played GT6 in a while, so I hope this has been patched.

This is kind of dumb, but does it bother anybody else that when you click "Sort by Manufacturer" in the Garage, it immediately sorts by country? I mean, it's NBD, but it's just weird, I guess.

Ever since updating to 1.06 there is a white bar down the right side of the screen. Only shows up in a race/gt auto/gallery view. Basically whenever the car is in any full screen view. completely weird.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue.
On type v of the Ring, screen tears at random, didn't happen in 1.05. Anyone else notice?

Plus while on track or spectating I get a white line up the right side of my plasma TV, about the width of the dashes by "best lap" when you are on your first lap.

I did, I adjusted my screen size down 1 and the problem has gone away.

Engine sounds around Rome in race mode offline seem much quieter then before.

Used a Red Bull Jr and a S2000, both seem much quieter then at other circuits. Only my car is quieter.

Edit: just tried it on another PS3 and the Red Bull Jr is quieter around Rome then anywhere else.

Last edited:
When I was going to make Red Bull X2014 championship, it says that I can't race because the information is invalid. Did anyone get this?

When I was going to make Red Bull X2014 championship, it says that I can't race because the information is invalid. Did anyone get this?

No, but there is another glitch that is actually rather helpful in the Red Bull Championship. In the driving options you can choose whatever tires you want, including RS. Has helped me to win almost every single time.

I had a similar issue, too. It had something to do with me trying to play with a funky update or without an update properly installed or something. Restarted the PS3 and I was good to go. Good luck!

Update 1.06
looks like this part of the circuit is new and isn't quite right now (I had never happened before) 24min of nurburgring
when I was in the race it seemed that there was a jump and not a hole, but in the replay I could see that the car does not jump on that place

Last edited:
I had a similar issue, too. It had something to do with me trying to play with a funky update or without an update properly installed or something. Restarted the PS3 and I was good to go. Good luck!
Now it works. I quitted game by using PS button and loaded the game again.

Can't see friends lobbies anymore and game hardlocks if you idle in any lobby for about 10mins... this seems to include if your typing.

Yeah, tried a bunch of things to try and fix it... but nothing seems to work... so if your in a lobby chatting to someone, it will just lock. When you press the 'PS' button the 'Cancel' icon is displayed and all you can do is hold it to turn off the game, which reboots the PS3!!!

This game is so well made like, well done PD

Edit;

Was in an online practice session for about 2-3hrs today... started chatting, sent two msgs... game froze... while I was in my car at the pause menu.... is this some kind of joke?

Last edited:
Today I've re-played Brands hatch 15 laps race in S and every time (3 times in a row) race ended and replay kicked in GT6 / PS3 freezes at same spot ,after maybe 10 sec of replay.
Had to power off PS3 and listen to three beps...
Finaly , 4th time I've skiped replay and everything vent ok. After that I've tried to watch replay and got freeze again :D.

PS3 is Slim 120gb and 'till now (1.06) no problems > some reboots ,but nothing to mention and I can't remember that I've had any freeze when I was playing that event before.

add. tried that bh S event again today and replay works ok (no freeze...) , contrary to yesterdays experience :D

add.2. played some more and seems that problem (freeze) occur only when using NSX base car in that event (Brands hatch 15 laps race in S) :D. If I use any other car it is OK.

Last edited:
How paralysing is this for a glitch?!

Recently, every time I tried to update... after pushing OK... my PS3 would would reboot, then do its scary message where I think my harddrive has disintegrated. Once 100%, Everything works perfectly fine until I try and do the same thing to get the same crap result. It was stuck in a loop!!!

Then I figured out a had to push X within a couple of seconds in order to make it work, which is not actually possible when you have a T500RS spinning round in calibration mode, the buttons just doesn't work!!

I was "offline" for a couple of weeks until I read about the "right" way of doing the update. Pulled the plug, and went wireless controller, the download begins and I can enjoy another fine update which is going to improve my this game.... THANKS PD!!!

But then, just when you smiling and ecstatic, it does something that made me shout and scream, the PS3 freezes out while doing the download... usually towards the end at about 97-98%. Have to manually turn off, wait a while then turn back on. Its stuck in another loop!!!

Another one its done in the past, which it hasn't even got to yet. is that the downloaded update would magically get corrupted while installing...this would happen at any random %. The first time I tried to setup a 3 screen 180 degree periphery, it literally took me the entiire weekend to update two ps3's. I played for 15 minutes.

In addition to a lot of patience as I have to update 3 PS3's, I also pay per GB for my ADSL to guarantee me the fastest speeds and pings, so you can't even begin to imagine how much this is actually impacting me financially. It wouldn't suprise me if between that and the DLC... I've bought my GT collection twice over!!

Then obviously, as a result of all the above, my ps3 is "offline" while its actually "online". Doesn't make sense but that means I have no access to online events or any kind of online features. They've pretty much taken 99.8% of the game away from me!! Having this game not working online, is the equivalent to not having a playstation 3

My rig is literally collecting dust, which is a trajedy after all the time I spent creating and evolving it. My plan was to make lots of money to buy lots of cars then go online as I have been doing for years... I can honestly say I never reached that point, and haven't gone online once but have been doing all the special events and timetrials.

I've been extemely patient with PD through the entire Gran Turismo Series, the amount of glitches I've literally seen in front of my eyes from GT5, because I have two rigs alongside each other is hilarious, until you realise how crap it makes the experience which invariably takes away from the game. I've documented tons of weird anomalies, from not being able to match a certain interior view, different power readings between cars, different number of online entries in races, ghost drivers for one player... you notice so much more when there's two screens meant to be doing similar things.

Please someone tell me theres a simple fix for this, I seriously should not have to google it.

This is complete and utter BS from PD, Sony, or my internet service provider, although it also does it while using 3G Mobile.

I'm fed up!!! Either fix this, or hurry the hell up with GT7 so I can buy a PS4

Edit: I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm screaming at you, Sony doesn't listen and I don't have PD's glitch departments email address and just had to vent somewheere.

Last edited:
I get the same system freeze upon starting replays. It's intermittent too which is even more annoying. This only started after 1.06! I'm really starting to get tired of PD's BS!

After updating to 1.06, I started to notice that the auto-save feature of GT6 has stopped working as it is not saving any progress. It reverts back to the save before the update. Now every time I have to use the manual save option, but the problem is that sometimes I forget to save and all my progress is lost.

Can anyone confirm if the stockyard is now safe or not? I've just reached the 500 cars limit in my garage :scared: and I can't remember reading anything about the glitch being fixed.

Back