The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
That exact thing started happening to me when we had the Tomahawk Seasonal at Nurburgring. It eventually morphed into some courses never loading, primarily the 'Ring, Panorama, and Monza. I now realize that it was corrupt data and a failing PS3. I hope that's not the case for you. I replaced my console and all is well.

Bottom line is you've got some bad data.

Anyone have the glitch where you are driving (mainly on IA license the last tournament) and all of a sudden the music starts to cut in and out, and the terrain ahead of you isn't loaded, and another thing is that most of the time when you are done with the race the car begins (as the CPU) to do laps around the track. The reason I haven't restarted the game is because I really want to finish this tournament for the money because I am trying to buy the red devil Camaro. This is a problem that has happened many times to me, and has kinda ticked me off :grumpy: so I would love some help.

I've had the CPU driving my car on ONLINE as well! it's bizzare but not as bizzare as me entering the track online
only to find I am driving my car from the replay camera from within the lobby. and I can switch to replay mode and drive with all the toggle buttons on screen. Its this bugs that's really f'n ticking me off!

I don't think PD cares about GT6 any more, haven't had an update in over half a year! plenty of bugs left and there's still Vision GT cars to come out. smh. This really was GT5.5

but not as bizzare as me entering the track online only to find I am driving my car from the replay camera from within the lobby. and I can switch to replay mode and drive with all the toggle buttons on screen.
I've never heard of that happening before. Sounds hilarious.

but not as bizzare as me entering the track online
only to find I am driving my car from the replay camera from within the lobby. and I can switch to replay mode and drive with all the toggle buttons on screen.
This happened to me once as well. It was odd to say the least. :lol:

Was recently driving the Acura DN-X when I noticed it allows for use of the h pattern and clutch (despite using paddles in real life). However, when stalled, it sends the car into a fritz - the exact same consequence to applying the supersonic speed glitch to an electric car. Car disappears, then respawns once the car is 'restarted'. Tyre monitors disappear and oil gauge comes on. Remains broken until the engine is rebuilt, much the same as reverting the glitch for any other car.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, I've only just started playing the game recently.

SVX
Was recently driving the Acura DN-X when I noticed it allows for use of the h pattern and clutch (despite using paddles in real life). However, when stalled, it sends the car into a fritz - the exact same consequence to applying the supersonic speed glitch to an electric car. Car disappears, then respawns once the car is 'restarted'. Tyre monitors disappear and oil gauge comes on. Remains broken until the engine is rebuilt, much the same as reverting the glitch for any other car.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, I've only just started playing the game recently.

That happened in GT5 as well, causing all sorts of glitches for other players in the online lobby. It was fun to mess around but something about the DN-X is messed up.

Yesterday I noticed the Audi R18 side mirrors display the wrong 'image'. When for example, you're parked next to curbstones and grass on the left and tarmac on the right, the right mirror shows the grass and curbstones and the left shows the tarmac. This while the right side mirror should be physically unable to 'see' what's on the left side of the car. (other cars may also have this)

Also in some cars, you can see reflections of the road surface you're driving on, on the dashboard.

These are probably not new, but it just annoys me so badly, I felt ai had to post about it...:nervous:

Yesterday I noticed the Audi R18 side mirrors display the wrong 'image'. When for example, you're parked next to curbstones and grass on the left and tarmac on the right, the right mirror shows the grass and curbstones and the left shows the tarmac. This while the right side mirror should be physically unable to 'see' what's on the left side of the car. (other cars may also have this)

Also in some cars, you can see reflections of the road surface you're driving on, on the dashboard.

These are probably not new, but it just annoys me so badly, I felt ai had to post about it...:nervous:
Also look in any rear mirror on the Nordschliefe.

Not sure if this is a glitch or just the game's limitations, but looking at the rear-view mirror the environment despawns much faster than the cars, so sometimes I see cars floating when there's an incline or some sort of elevation change.

Not sure if this is a glitch or just the game's limitations, but looking at the rear-view mirror the environment despawns much faster than the cars, so sometimes I see cars floating when there's an incline or some sort of elevation change.
Rear view mirrors uses a very low draw distances and poly settings. Its a design choice to freed up resources of PS3.

Though it does look ridiculous at times. Hope they implement a better design like 30FPS on rear view mirrors.

Started playing GT6 again and ran into a bug with the SUPER GT Brands Hatch Enduro

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And it keeps happening even after quitting and returning to the event
image.jpg

But I should still be able to enter the race
image.jpg

Edit: And it's happening to the Suzuka race too
image.jpg

And all the other endurances too
image.jpg

Edit 2: But IA Races are fine
image.jpeg

Edit 3: Standings of the championship I just started (I finished 3rd)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Shouldn't there be 16 cars, not 14 ? I can't remember or is that the bug ?

Also I don't remember being allowed to take a BMW into a Super GT500 event.

Have you tried it with a GT500 car to see if it still bugs out ?

Shouldn't there be 16 cars, not 14 ? I can't remember or is that the bug ?

Also I don't remember being allowed to take a BMW into a Super GT500 event.
There should be 16, but the game seems to only load 14. And you don't need a GT500 car for the GT500 races, just any car with under 650PP (or 550PP for GT300). Also, after leaving the standings menu the game just kept hanging on the loading screen

There should be 16, but the game seems to only load 14. And you don't need a GT500 car for the GT500 races, just any car with under 650PP (or 550PP for GT300). Also, after leaving the standings menu the game just kept hanging on the loading screen

A quick fix for you if your game hangs on the loading screen. Just eject the disk instead of hard resetting the PS3. That way the PS3 just returns to the XMB menu instead of doing that corrupt file scan :) I do it alot while modding tracks lol.

View attachment 505779 I think my GT6 went to a whole new level of glitches...

View attachment 505777 View attachment 505778

The lag here Is that, there is 2 different cars from two different players but the game think that these 2 players are 1 guy but I cannot see the other person so the result is that both cars are glued togther while driving.
What if that was a actual dealership car were you could buy it would you

It's been ages since I have posted but... The exhaust models on the Cappuccino EA11R are on the wrong exhasuts. Race model is on Sports and Sports is on Race.

I swear the R32 GTR premium model is wider than it should be. I compare them to the standards and IRL pics and it just looks phat. Even the headlights look too slim.

Not sure if this glitch was mentioned ever before as I couldn't find anything on it in my researching. In GT6 photo travel at The City Of Arts And Sciences if you take your car in the photo # 1 area and drive it down toward the park and city buildings their are some skinny trees to the left that you can drive right through almost like a wall glitch, but not. The trees will appear to be growing right out of your car and interior in photos. When I get a chance I'll attach a picture or message me for directions if ya get lost.

Does anybody know when the flickering shadows were introduced? and is there a direct link to download the game patches so I can avoid the update (more like downgrade) that made the shadows all glitchy? It looks really bad in some tracks.

EDIT: just found direct links to all the patches but still have no idea which update introduced the flickering shadows. Does anybody know?

Last edited:
Does anybody know when the flickering shadows were introduced? and is there a direct link to download the game patches so I can avoid the update (more like downgrade) that made the shadows all glitchy? It looks really bad in some tracks.

EDIT: just found direct links to all the patches but still have no idea which update introduced the flickering shadows. Does anybody know?
I thought they were there from the start

Any bugs that are still not fixed after service ended? I'd like to know if there is a quick, fast way to earn credits using an exploit that is still left... if any are still left, that is.

Back