The Buick Thread: Your Enclave for all things Buick

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 275 comments
My family used to have a Buick a while back, was a 1995 LeSabre in Black... much like this one...

buick_lesabre.jpg

I must say it was a cracking car and Im glad to see Buick are starting to pull it all back together again and release luxury models which look the business and can compete with other American offerings.

Robin

You guys got Buick's in the UK? Learn something new everyday. Were they made for your market or were they just import models?

Nah, was when I was abroad for a while. They only officially had Caddy's in the UK the first being the STS and then the BLS (which is a saab underneath)... both were purpose done for the market.

EDIT- can someone explain to me this China market only thing that going on with Buick at the moment...

Last edited:
Buick started selling cars in China...and, in a completely unexpected turn of events, the brand took off. among YOUNG people, at that!

My family used to have a Buick a while back, was a 1995 LeSabre in Black... much like this one...

I'm sorry, but hay... at least you didn't have an Olds like my parents did. Thankfully, my mom wrecked it... She could've done it sooner though.

image033.jpg

What GM should do is drop the Cadillac XLR, and instead make a new Buick GNX based off the Corvette, such as suggested on this Youtube video:

Edit: Actually by looking at the idea, perhaps make a version off the new Camaro instead, probably alot easier.

You know, on the F-Zeta (I'mma use that for Camaro) platform, with a twin turbo V6...that has the potential to be GM's GT-R.

Haha yah, can't have any GM vehicles better than the Vette, otherwise they quickly get swept under the carpet! :lol:

What GM should do is drop the Cadillac XLR, and instead make a new Buick GNX based off the Corvette, such as suggested on this Youtube video:

Edit: Actually by looking at the idea, perhaps make a version off the new Camaro instead, probably alot easier.

Now that's close to what a modern GNX should look like.:D

Eh, you're probably right...wouldn't want Buick stepping on the corvette's toes....

Again.

Would a turbo GNX and Corvette appeal to the same market though? This is also the part where I mention a version sold in Australia wouldn't step on the Corvette's toes.:dopey: But that is the reason the Torana GTR-X concept never made it to production I guess, way back in the '70s.

Well the reason the GNX only lasted a year was because it outperformed the Vette! :P

GM should get off their high horse and just do it. I've seen YouTube vids with a C4 Corvette using a GNX motor, maybe GM you could use the new GNX's turbo 6 in the Corvette later down the track if they're that worried.

Well the reason the GNX only lasted a year was because it outperformed the Vette! :P

Actually, it was because it was the last year of the G-Body platform. The year after (1988), everyone switched to the FWD W-Body platform. Performance had nothing to do with it, particularly when you were less than a year away from the ZR-1 showing up.

Going back to the new LaCrosse, I'm undecided. On the interior, it looks like it could be of good quality. However I don't really like the styling. The way the dashboard integrates with everything on the doors doesn't look good IMO. The whole inside just looks like a mish-mash of sportiness, luxury and trendiness that don't compliment each other. "Cheap" doesn't really seem to apply here at least. Hard plastics seem pretty absent on the car, aside from the necessary bits around the center stack and things.

As for the exterior, I'm wondering how much it'll look like a grown-up Cruze with the shapes of the headlights. And I see they've got LS-style exhaust outlets too.

Against the MKS, it should be a really good fight. Its that pesky Genesis and Azera from Hyundai that is going to give Buick a headache.

If they were to make a sporty version of either the LaCrosse/Regal or the Lucerne/Invicta, there isn't a chance in hell the GS/GN/GNX names would return. At least here in the US, they would continue to carry the "Super" badge, and likely would recieve a boost in power (somewhere around 300-350 BHP) matched with a fancy AWD system borrowed from Saab.

Because I Love Buick...

Holy LaCrosse!

thumb800x800_3147765573_489d8cace0_o.jpg

thumb800x800_3148597340_569d6183b3_o.jpg

thumb800x800_3148597130_f32cabb6e3_o.jpg

Looks like they're spending money in the right places. Question is, will people bite?

Have I Mentioned that China Gets the Better Buicks?

]

I still wish that we were getting this one, but with the LaCrosse looking that good, I'm not all that worried.

Another questionably-rebadged-marginally-luxurious-midsize-sedan-based-on-a-mediocre-foreign-car?

I wasn't surprised when it never worked, but I'm surprised they think it still will.

The 2010 Buick LaCrosse Debuts, Forgets About Cadillac CTS

2010_Buick_LaCrosse_TOP.jpg

Autoblog has their post here

Jalopnik has theirs here

What you need to know:

• Standard 3.0L V6, 255 BHP
  • Optional 3.6L DIG V6, 280 BHP
  • Six-Speed automatics standard, paddle shift on 3.6L
  • Optional AWD, able to transfer up to 85% to rear wheels
  • Magnaride-style adjustable suspension optiona
  • $26-35K price range

medium_3177484041_5c3f2f025d_o.jpg

medium_3177483981_9165227f96_o.jpg

medium_3177483899_4471decdb7_o.jpg

medium_3177501285_31e8f994ae_o.jpg

medium_3177501823_9855e57118_o.jpg

medium_3178341900_c8a543e40b_o.jpg

medium_3177506383_f35c323c86_o.jpg

medium_3178342624_f2dd3b1a35_o.jpg

medium_3178342120_599bd6eb16_o.jpg

medium_3178342186_78a4059219_o.jpg

Just plain wow. GM has been on a roll with their new car debuts in terms of performance and quality, and this is just topps. I'm very, very excited to see the car in person.

The exterior doesn't look bad at all, but nowhere near as nice as the CTS.

Interior seems to be another home run, though. Aside from the teal colored lighting, which I think is unattractive and old fashioned.

Suspension tuning is probably closer to Lexus ES350 rather than IS350.

M

Back