The Cadillac thread

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 367 comments
What is up with Cadillac's new naming strategy? Why the fixation on -iq? Would have made much more sense to call the Optiq and Vistiq the XT4 and XT6 electric version or something like that.
Maybe buying one boosts the owner’s i-q?

There are a couple impressive design and manufacturing quirks in this car that prospective buyers will appreciate. I hope Cadillac knows how to market to these people. And I hope I get to see one pull up next to my jet one day.

Last edited:
That big Charger in the other thread may be onto something selling girth to the masses.
They like the girth. But large size is expected for premium products and while it's not unprecedented in the US due to full-size SUVs, it's not particularly common. Escalades and Navigators aren't The new Charger is going to make bigass cars a completely normal thing. It may be shorter than a Crown Vic but it's considerably wider and taller and that combination feels intimidating.

Last edited:
They like the girth.
Interested Kevin Nash GIF

They like the girth. But large size is expected for premium products and while it's not unprecedented in the US due to full-size SUVs, it's not particularly common. Escalades and Navigators aren't The new Charger is going to make bigass cars a completely normal thing. It may be shorter than a Crown Vic but it's considerably wider and taller and that combination feels intimidating.
I think the first car I really noticed the size of a car was the Taurus. When it got the 300C treatment of being a big rectangle.
I know the Subaru Legacy/Outbacks were carrying the torch of AMC high riding sedans and wagons, but the Taurus was a bull amongst family sedans.

With the Charger I can understand packaging the batteries may have added to that tallness. Be interesting to see that silhouette comparison of the Charger with the 300C/Charger and how those compare to the Cadillac Celerystiq.

I think the first car I really noticed the size of a car was the Taurus. When it got the 300C treatment of being a big rectangle.
I know the Subaru Legacy/Outbacks were carrying the torch of AMC high riding sedans and wagons, but the Taurus was a bull amongst family sedans.
I never though the Subarus stood out much but I agree on the Taurus. I actually think it started a generation before that with the Ford Five Hundred which was renamed the Taurus, though other markets didn't get that car. Ford's concepts at the time were glorious and I remember them vividly because I was attending the Detroit show often at the time. The Ford 427 concept previewed the design language at the time but just as the other American brands did, they failed to actually honor their own concepts. The Celestiq is one of very few exxtreme American concepts that has come to fruition in the last 30+ years that I can remember. Speaking of which...
Celerystiq.
😂

Back