The car that stood out to you the most

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Skygrasper550, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

Premise is simple. Out of all the cars in the game, which car is the one that etched itself into your head and made you kept thinking about it for quite some time? Reason can be anything, from the way it looks, how it drives, you made a really nice livery for it etc. It can be either a good thing or a bad thing. To start off...

For me it woud have to be the Honda S2000 (The factory one, not the Amuse monster) in stock form. When I drove it for the first time, I was so shocked by its dead-center neutral handling that I cannot recall another car which feels the exact same way, either road legal or not. The handling is sooooo good, you can be the most ham-fisted lunatic out there and the car just wouldn't mind. It just has loads and loads of grip and doesn't seem to run out. Heavy trailbraking, mid-corner coasting... you name it. And to think it's a soft top, a configuration which is always expected to be all wobbly and unstable . Just... unbelievable. :bowdown::bowdown:

AlexDB9, Razamataz, JoueurGT and 8 others like this.
  2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

De Tomaso Pantera: The engine sound is what drew me to this car initially. Truly one of the best, if not the best, in the entire game. I also like that its design is very evocative of both the American muscle and Italian super cars from that era.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  3. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Porsche 911 Turbo (930) 1981 : For the iconic original look , for the sound , for the driving feeling and very good stock tune.

4. MIE1992

MIE1992

The GT-R R35 in the game has this orange color that's grown on me, and it's actually a USDM model. It even has a readout in mph when in cockpit view.

5. pedrocor

pedrocor

As to be the Porsche 991 GT3 RS. The handling is mindblowing, the way the 4 wheel steering kills understeering it's just amazing.
    Add to that the 9000 rpm naturally aspired boxer engine

6. Batimm01

Batimm01

The stock S2000 is really amazing indeed, as said it handles incredibly well, it also sounds very nice and looks so damn beautiful too. I could drive it forever...

7. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Actually far too good given that the first-gen S2000 has a rear suspension set-up that sees the rear step out massively on lift-off.

8. talhaONE

talhaONE

9. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

The little Alfa Romeo TZ2. It's just a shame that it is so expensive in game and as a micro-transaction. I got lucky and won it as a daily prize car.
    It is perfect bone stock. Watch:

AgentBlackDog and steefpeef like this.
  10. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

I quite liked how the 2017 Alpine A110 drove, plus I'm fairly certain no other game had it when GT Sport added it all the way back in February 2018, so it was pretty unique back then.

AgentBlackDog, bil coz and sirjim73 like this.
  11. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

[​IMG]

Recently I'd say its this. The 2008 GT3.

I find this to be a good center point between the 2016 which I find vastly too competant and the 2001 which I find too "behind the ball" performance wise.

It also looks good without too much of the wings and canards an all.

A lot of cars in GTS and especially Forza are too competant... they break on a dime, they corner at super max speeds, they accelerate to 60/100 in 3 secs.... I cant blame them because they do in real life too. Forza has a slew of super fast modern Porsches from GT2/3 RS turbo S, that are just like driving spaceships.

I kind of want something less competant, more driveable, less like a G force rocketship rollercoaster.

The 2008 does have the worlds ugliest steering wheel though.

12. 05XR8

05XR8

The white Gr.4 Atenza. This video below, pretty much sealed the deal for me. I got the game in March the following year, but I was hyped for a Mazda touring car. The GoodYear MAzda6/Atenza in GT 4 was a favorite of mine. To see it reborn in a current Gran Turismo game, was the icing on the cake. There was also a hint of the Mazda, when this community were picking apart "leaked" video footage. I noticed it in the Tokyo Expwy at night.

Very first livery I made for a car and my first Gr.4 car. Based on my favorite Race car of all time: the Super Taikyu Saitama Toyopet Green Brave Mark X
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amazing to look back on my first liveries and to see how I've evolved.

Cytoria, AgentBlackDog and sirjim73 like this.
  13. Pigems

Pigems

This little beaut right here, but only because I used to own one. :D

D7C6193C-85F9-45DC-ACFE-8C6D022E920D.jpeg

2B004E6B-2565-46B3-B6C0-1FD382FA8E59.png

14. VXR

VXR

The Pikes Peak Quattro. When I first tried it on a wheel I realised just how hard the top drivers in rally have it and it's a feeling I've not been able to get out of my head when I think about this game.

15. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Predictable answer: the Lancia Stratos.

Driven it in many games but that terrifyingly short wheelbase never gets old. I love the way it "can't be driven slowly" and never takes a corner the same way twice.

AgentBlackDog, NosOsH and Pigems like this.
  16. ice_Blazer66

ice_Blazer66

Hard choice, because there are more than one Car that is incredible to drive for me, like the Ferrari F40, F50, McLaren F1 or the '98 Integra. But if i could only pick one of them, it is the McLaren F1.

It sounds Great, it drives great and the Interior Design is unique. Overall a very satisfying Car to drive

17. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

Ooh, definitely the SF19. Amazing to drive, even better to make liveries on. In Gr.3, probably the Corvette. Looks beautiful!

AgentBlackDog and pedrocor like this.
  18. TheProRacer

TheProRacer

I have over 25,000 miles on my Ford GT40. Something about it just makes it so fun, so desirable, so predictable, and so awesome. It's lightweight, mid engined, it sounds absolutely incredible, and it's very fast when stock. Running it with no assists at all is so much fun. I cannot and will not stop driving it.

AgentBlackDog and talhaONE like this.
  19. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

What a hard decision to make as those cars have changed with me over time.
    Starting out the Ferrari F40 was my favorite car to drive. So much so I have over 6000 miles on it.
    Then as more cars became available (updates) I found others I liked just as much including the latest intro of the Ferrari Daytona.
    I also enjoy all the N-class Porsche's in this game so it's a tough call.

I will have to do this by mileage and currently the Gr.4 Porsche is the car for me at 20000 miles.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    sirjim73 and TheProRacer like this.
  20. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

Really? Didn't know that. I haven't seen nor heard any real-life complaints about that bit of the car.

21. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

It's a well known trait of the first generation car, S2K forums have a good number of threads about it.

Not that it takes away from the fun the car is in GTS, more that GT as a series has always struggled to model lift off oversteer.

22. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

The Porsche Cayman.

I had always thought of the Cayman as the poor man's 9/11 but it is so much better balanced than the rear engine 911's of old. The car is a pure joy to drive.

AgentBlackDog, sirjim73 and Rinsky like this.
  23. cleanLX

cleanLX

24. DriftShock

DriftShock

Probably the Mercedes-AMG GT3 or the Toyota Supra GR Racing Concept
    Both of them introduced me to league racing and Toyota is the manufacturer for my GTS team (Kizuna AI Racing Team)

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  25. Mc_Yavel

Mc_Yavel

Toyota 2000GT

The car is so well balanced, you can throw it smoothly in corner and it will do a really nice 4 wheel slide with a touch of counter steer. Lovely. 2000GT '67.jpg

26. GTV0819

GTV0819

GOAT. ;):bowdown:

[​IMG]
    On a note though, somebody even made a thread about the van and tried to ask why it's so important. :lol:

AgentBlackDog and Woodybobs like this.
  27. Bloodytears

Bloodytears

Lexus RC F, group 2 exclusively. There was some special second place in my heart been occupied by a different car, but this manufacturer unfortunately got worse and worse for a long while and I needed a change car to put side by side with my all time favorite Porsches. RC F just got me here in GT sport. Like everything so cool, interior, exterior, engine sound, overall performance in motorsports and driving feeling in game. Worth to tell, glad it's Japanese car:).
    Pretty sad, I was near real one so many times, but never get a chance to ride it myself, but from experience from SC430, ES, IS and glorious GS and LS, I'm sure this car in reality as good as in game.

28. DriftShock

DriftShock

Another thing. The AE86. Not only do you have its legendary meme status, it’s also a pretty nice handling car. Even on Comforts it’s very stable and if you upgrade its power it’s also fairly easy to drift
    Also, the Speed Limit Warning Chime. Polyphony Digital really knows how to do attention to detail

29. cleanLX

cleanLX

That would be my second favorite.
    Have you bought the 250GTO?
    If you like the 2000GT... you owe it to yourself to grind for the Ferrari.
    It takes a delicate touch, very easy to overdrive, but, set up right for the corner and driven through the rear tires... much bliss.
    Not as forgiving as the 2000GT... or even entertaining... but... IMO more rewarding.
    I've not made a single change to the car from how PD delivers it... it's that good.
    And I'm one to tinker.

30. NosOsH

NosOsH

The Ferrari P330...
    Been dreaming of buying it since gt5 and bought it in gts. It handles so well rivaling even modern race cars and is so freakin beautiful. If tuning is allowed and you flip the transmission it absolutely flies around Le Sarthe or any other track for that matter.
    A close second and third are the Mazda (FC) Rx-7 and the F40 respectively.

AlexDB9 and AgentBlackDog like this.