The Caterham Cup - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 521 comments
I tested the 911 gt3 and on Aug 1st in clear weather at 1400 you get the hard tires. They have more grip than bambi did on the ice. Not much bit at least more. So perhaps if the nurburgring can be a tad colder and we get the softs then the race will be more entertaining and less sliding :bowdown:

Last edited:
Im not sure if I should post this here (but i dont know where else you'd all see it). Just got hold of a G29 wheel, and its not been a good experience so far. Do you guys (who have the same wheel) use the default wheel settings? Im testing it in the time trial section, where I think no help is turned on.
If i shouldn't have posted this here, let me know, thanks for any tips.

Credits to mr goggle
https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52729-G29-Wheel-Settings-PS4

I don't have the logitech but it took me quite long to get my t300 setup to my likings. The forum for pcars2 is a good place to start

So perhaps if the nurburgring can be a tad colder and we get the softs
I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. If it was colder you'd still get the hard slicks fitted and it'd be even slippier. Did you let them warm up? I just did 2 laps and I didn't think they were too bad. Traction control and abs will be forced on so that may help.
I could enable tuning but then I think you'd get a mix of drivers on different tyres which wouldn't be good.

worked great now.
All sorted? Good to hear you've got a wheel. They take some time to adjust to if you've been using a controller for a while, but stick with it through.
I've got a G29, they are a decent reliable wheel for the price, it's just that the gear drive gets a bit rattly at times.

My current settings are below. Although FFB feel is a very personal thing, what suits one person doesn't necessarily suit another. My wheel is quite light, some like more resistance. Increase the volume slider to make it heavier. Reduce the tone if you want to feel more suspension movement (over tyre slip). And add a bit of FX if you want it to rumble of rumble strips!

Flavour - Informative
Gain - 86
Volume - 30
Tone - 70
FX - 0

Edit. I should add you do need to have the wheel securely clamped to a solid surface (or rig) otherwise you'll be fighting the wobbling wheel more than driving. Not enjoyable!

Last edited:
Yes the noise was a bit concerning, but since Rich went through the settings, it's a lot better. Albeit im a bit slower right now. Yup came on a stand which seems pretty stable.
IMG_7108.jpeg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9f8lotbkyvezea/IMG_7108.jpeg?dl=0
Nowhere near as good as a solid cockpit.
Not sure what the stick thing on the left is though, but its good for hanging snacks from :cheers:

Last edited:
You brits have my utmost respect for gear shifting with the left hand ... it's bonkers but you seem to manage it quite well !!
We're used to it because we drive on the correct side of the road. :sly:

Looks like a nice set up @Pantheons. 👍
You could always remove the stick thing and use the platform as a drinks holder. :P

Last edited:
This is a must read for anyone that loves Le Mans, its cars and heritage and especially us because even if the interviewed isn't Johnny Dumfries, it's all about the TWR #2 Jaguar and what it means to go from single seaters to shared drives in prototypes.

A Quick Chat...Andy Wallace. '88 Le Mans winner - crankandpiston.com

And now I found a in-depth interview with the man himself.

John Bute: Racing as Johnny Dumfries and walking away from the sport - Motor Sport Magazine

Interesting how Jan Lammers acted (and was regarded and respected as such by both his team mates) as team leader of that 1988 winning #2 Jaguar.

Last edited:
Mechanical damage will be off to allow drivers to use the stable setup on the Lotus without blowing up its engine (no cooling!)

I'd probably recommend the use of TC or at least ABS in the Jag. It's very fast and the corners approach quite rapidly. Realistic aids will be forced on in the Porsche to hopefully tame the machine a little.

Any ideas why the stable set up on lotus reduces radiator to 30%, whereas I believe it was 100% on loose? I thought radiator affected straight line speed, not cornering. It's a bit silly that one of the standard setups blows the engine

Those settings felt right to me. Jag is great on le mans, love the sound of it as well.

Any ideas why the stable set up on lotus reduces radiator to 30%,
I think it's just one of those things that SMS missed in testing. To let them off a little I suppose there are lot's of cars with various configurations to test.

Stable and loose often have different effects on different cars, it's not always that one does a certain thing. I think I'm going with stable on all the cars. It's usually a softer setup which will help on the bumpier tracks.

Jag is great on le mans, love the sound of it as well.
Yeah it does sound good. :)

**Just a quick note. I'm not sure if everyone spotted it but I added that the Jag we're using is the LM version. The "normal" version runs out of gears on the long straights whereas as the LM is fine. There's even a little left for drafting. Just remember that you occasionally need to brake!

And one more thing. Silverstone classic's starting grid is 3 wide, which is unusual. Don't get caught out, be aware of the extra cars around you.

Last edited:
I've usually done some testing a few weeks before each series but this event I've done some testing a few days before!

Anyway just a couple of changes.
The Jag will have a standing start now. In a rolling start those at the back wouldn't be past the final chicane when the race starts - which would be unfair and possibly cause accidents.
The Lotus race has been reduced to 9 laps. It's just to allow a little more time for the Nurb race which takes the most time. And I think 2 laps there will be plenty.

Mechanical damage will be off to allow drivers to use the stable setup on the Lotus without blowing up its engine (no cooling!)

I'd probably recommend the use of TC or at least ABS in the Jag. It's very fast and the corners approach quite rapidly. Realistic aids will be forced on in the Porsche to hopefully tame the machine a little.

Post updated above. Right I think that's it. See you all Monday.
Are we using the R GT3, or the RS GT3?

I've just realised, half way through Sunday, that the clocks were adjusted 1 hour forward last night. The UK is now running on summer daylight saving time. I think the rest of Europe moves forward with us, so they should be OK. But...

@Skip7950 - Monday's race will still be at 8pm UK time but that will now be GMT (UTC) +1.
You might have to make allowance?

I'm now a time traveller - I'm going to be living through Sunday 1 hour into the future.

Back