IfAndOr

The Caterham Cup
Starting on the 8th March - 8pm UK time

Featuring both the cars in the game.

The Seven 620 R
Project CARS 3_20210215224906.jpg

The SP/300.R
Project CARS 3_20210215232722.jpg

Yes they are pictures from PC3 but it's easier to take them in there ;-)

Each session will consist of 4 races per evening - 2 in each car.

1st race, 5 mins qualifying then a 10 minute race.

2nd race, no qualification (random grid) with a 15 minute race.

Repeat the format with the 2nd car.

The 2nd race is slightly longer in the hope that the faster guys have more time to work their way forward without pushing.
The 2nd qualification before race 3 allows for a quick get used to the next car/track.

To break it up a little a couple of the races will be at longer tracks* and involve just the 1 race in each car. 20 mins in the 620R and 30 mins in the 300R. There will also be a 10 minute qualification period. The 300 race (only) will feature a compulsory pit stop.
The pit window will be the middle 10 minutes of the race - after10 mins before 20 mins.
Tyre wear will be set to accelerated for these longer races.
(When using time instead of laps I can't set the game to enforce compulsory stops so I'll rely on you all to observe this. Not stopping will acquire a 1 minute penalty.)​

I'm doing it a bit like my previous Renault series with the 620 running on a short version and the 300 on a longer version of a track.

Track list

Snetterton - 200 / 300

Donington - National / GP

*Bannochbrae

Oschersleben - A /B

Red Bull Ring - National / GP

*Bathurst

Oulton Park - Fosters / Island

Brands Hatch - Indy / GP

**As previously, could I ask everyone to press "ready" on the lobby screen when they are ready. Since the qualifying time is short, this will let me know when to start the track loading, also the 2nd race hasn't got any qualy! There will be the usual pre-race 2 minute ready screen.

Hopefully it'll keep everyone entertained!
Note.
The SP300 has a KERS function that gives an extra boost of power when active. It is, I think, the 1st car we've used that has this ability. You only get 10 "goes" of boost, it doesn't regenerate. So if you do use it, use it wisely.

To make use of it you need to map the function to a spare button (if you have one). You probably don't need lights, wipers or even the handbrake this series, so perhaps you could use those buttons.

For details on the various options and settings used in this series...
...click below.
Basic Settings
Default setup (tuning prohibited)
Private - Invite only
Grid 16 slots
Fill vacant slots with AI - No
Standing Start
Wait for race ready - On

Rules & Penalties - On
Track Limit Penalties - Off (depending on track)
Allowable Time Penalty - 25 (when on)
Drive Through Penalties - Off
Pit Exit Penalty - Off
Competitive Racing License - On

Conditions
Generally the tracks will be set to ideal conditions to promote good safe racing. Different weather conditions and time progression may be used from time to time, but will normally be announced in advance.

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
Force Interior view - No
Force Driving Line Off - No
Force Default Setups - Yes
Force Manual Gears - No
Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - Yes
Allow Traction Control - Yes
Allow Stability Control - No
Damage Type - Visual Only
Mechanical Failures - Yes
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
Force Manual Pit stops - No
Pit Stop Errors - No
Tire Wear - Authentic
Fuel Depletion - On
Force cool down Lap - No

Any further question - Ask below.

Last edited:
Current participant count - 15
1 space available
Reserves also welcome

All clean and respectful drivers are of course welcome welcome to join. We have a good selection of abilities so hopefully there will be someone to race against.

I've included the usual members that have raced with me previously. Hopefully they'd like to join in again.

@IfAndOr - 620R Chrome/Orange Stripes ¦ 300SP #66

@John Wells - 620R Orange metallic ¦ 300SP #39?

@half_sourly - 620R Blue metallic/Grey ¦ 300SP #117

@AndreasR - 620R Red metallic ¦ 300SP #38

@Oldbass47 - 620R Light green/ Black stripes ¦ 300SP #72

@Maxmusmonster - 620R Green met/white stripes ¦ 300SP #52

@Napalm_LT -
620R Black/Neon stripes ¦ 300SP #37

@xeronima - 620R Silver met./Orange stripe ¦ 300SP #60

@Don Mejillone - 620R orange/Blue Stripes ¦ 300SP #83

@richroo -
620R ¦ 300SP

@beachboy6658 -
620R ¦ 300SP

@RagingBullLC - 620R Design Darkgreen ¦ 300SP #12

@Hun200kmh - 620R White/Blue stripe ¦ 300SP #53

@Simonb4444 - 620R Momo Corse ¦ 300SP #101

@Saltyjoe90 - 620R Dark red/yellow stripes ¦ 300SP #102

@GTP_RPREGO - 620R ¦ 300SP

Reserves?
@Skip7950 -
620R White/Blue stripe ¦ 300SP #18
@slthree - 620R ¦ 300SP

Car numbers and colours? If you'd like to pick a colour / number please post it below and I'll add it above. The 620 doesn't have any numbers, just a colour choice.

Teams.
The team members were decided by taking the average placed position (to account for missed races) from our Challenge series for the top 12 people and then put 1 and 12 in a team, 2 and 11, 3 and 10, etc. Skip, since he joined us later and new guy Hun will make up the final team - at the moment.

Team 1 - Andreas (SimbaLora) & John
Team 2 - Rage & Oldbass
Team 3 - Rich & BBoy
Team 4 - Me & Half
Team 5 - Xero & Max
Team 6 - Napalm & Don

Team 7 - Ricardo & Mario

These might get changed to team colours. Or you can pick your own catchy names. :)

Last edited:
  • Only scores from the long races count for team scores (car 1 short track 15 min; car 2 long track 15 min).
  • For Bannochbrae and Bathurst there are only 2 races each, so both count.
  • FL does not count for team scores, but does for individual players.
  • No dropped scores.

Last edited:
OK, so if you have a vacant slot I'll grab it! 👍

I think you race on Monday nights, right? I'm from Europe (Portugal), you only need to say the times in relation to GMT and I'll do the math.

Have to say I'm prety useless with the 300 SP in default setting (to make it somewhat driveable for my standard and style I really had to dig into the tuning screen) so you guys just got yourselves a new moving chicane with that one, but I'll try to make up for it in the Seven races.

Two more questions, do you run practise lobbies? If so I'd like to join. And, does the list above reflect PSN usernames or this forum's? I suppose I have to send out friend requests so I can meet you online. I'll be using my GTP_Hun PSN account for this series.

Finally, have no prefered colour in the 300, so it'll be whatever, In the Seven I usually use the white with a blue stripe (no idea what number) so if possible I'd like to keep that choice.

Cheers

Hello all , Thanks to @IfAndOr (paul)
for setting up another championship!

Had great fun last season altho it had some bumps on the way.
looking forward to racing with all that make it , some of the time i'm driving like i stole it so need to smooth it out for next one , we all can't be mr ice man like someone..

Hi @Hun200kmh, yep Monday evenings it is. I send out invites at around 8pm and wait for everyone to join, so the 1st qualification starts at about 8:05ish.

Someone often runs a practice lobby before the races, so keep your eye open for that. The list is the GTP user names but in many cases they are often the same. I'll send you a friend request over on PSN, I expect you'll get further ones from the regulars. I'll also create a PSN message and invite you to it. We tend to do all our chatting in there since we don't generally use mics during the races - less distractions then. :)

In the Seven I usually use the white with a blue stripe
I'll add you in above. If you could pick a 300 when you're next on PC2 that would be helpful to prevent others picking the same one. 👍

looking forward to racing with all that make it
I'm not sure I can make it if you're going to crash in front of me again? :D ;)

Looking forward to this one... Bonkers cars! For the 620R I'd like the Caterham Design Darkgreen livery please.. And the SP300 Team Caterham #12

Last edited:
Thank you @IfAndOr , I will log in later and check the 300SP liveries and numbers. Just a heads up, I can't see the sample table you posted, not sure if problem is on my end but thought you should know.

I can't see the sample table you posted
Fixed, hopefully. By the way my name is Paul. You'll probably see it mentioned here and there and it would get confusing otherwise. :)

Team info has now been added in the 2nd post above chaps. Hope you're happy with it!

And I forgot to add - @slthree (Sean) you are of cause welcome to join in when your schedule allows.

Current participant count - 14
Spaces available - 2

All clean and respectful drivers are of course welcome welcome to join. We have a good selection of abilities so hopefully there will be someone to race against.

I've included the usual members that have raced with me previously. Hopefully they'd like to join in again.

@John Wells -
620R ¦ 300SP

@AndreasR -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Oldbass47 -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Maxmusmonster -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Napalm_LT -

@xeronima -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Don Mejillone -
620R ¦ 300SP

@richroo -
620R ¦ 300SP

@beachboy6658 -
620R ¦ 300SP

@slthree -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Skip7950 -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Hun200kmh - 620R White/Blue stripe ¦ 300SP

Car numbers and colours? If you'd like to pick a colour / number please post it below and I'll add it above. The 620 doesn't have any numbers, just a colour choice.

Teams.
The team members were decided by taking the average placed position (to account for missed races) from our Challenge series for the top 12 people and then put 1 and 12 in a team, 2 and 11, 3 and 10, etc. Skip, since he joined us later and new guy Hun will make up the final team - at the moment.

Team 2 - Rage & Oldbass
Team 3 - Rich & BBoy
Team 4 - Me & Half
Team 5 - Xero & Max
Team 6 - Napalm & Don
Team 7 - Skip & Hun

These might get changed to team colours. Or you can pick your own catchy names. :)
620...orange metallic
300...#18

just thinking outside the box !
what about introducing a steward but not to get to overwhelmed you only get 3 requests per season this would give a little more incentive to not try silly overtaking , also places lost can be shared with offending competitor.
Imo if hes up for it john is my vote as he goes through races to take pictures, lap and offence to be submitted..
box open !!!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested I'll be trying to "understand" the 300 SP and the Seven at Snetterton for about one hour. I will open a public lobby with the same settings as the event, but with 8 AI cars so I can have company (if not human, better to have AIs than nothing)

Is your understanding any better now @Hun200kmh? :)

what about introducing a steward
Not a bad idea. They are only short seasons so perhaps 2 requests? I rarely get a request to have a look and wouldn't want to encourage too many.

Although ideally there should perhaps be 2 people who could share their views between each other. It'd save just the 1 person having to bare all the responsibility. They could then give me their decision (and I could take a look if need be).

I do save all the replays (usually!) and most of any problems I've been asked to look into I've put down to racing incidents or game contact physics. It'd be good to get the opinions of a couple of stewards. BUT it does take quite some time to check through the replays from the different cars and angles, so they'd have to be quite keen. John, maybe, but he does already have to spend time taking the photos so perhaps wouldn't want to spend extra on reviews.

Volunteers are welcome. :)

Is your understanding any better now @Hun200kmh? :)

Indeed! The Seven is great fun as usual, and the SP wasn't as treacherous as I feared (opted for the Stable setup). Still it isn't easy to go from one to the other, they're very different beasts.

Here's what I'd call a circumspect lap with the 300 SP, trying to keep the front pointing forward, the car on the tarmac and generally speaking trying to not look like a fool on wheels. :crazy:

Didn't save this so can't be sure exactly but I think it's a 1:46 lap. I suppose the aces here will go way below that, but if I can do an entire race at this pace I'll be happy! :D

Last edited:
Here's what I'd call a circumspect lap with the 300 SP,
Looked good to me. Snetterton isn't as easy as it would first appear to be. It is easy - to get get the corners wrong. :)

Although I've had a quick runaround all the tracks in both the cars while sorting out the series, I haven't really practiced yet. I suppose I'd better get a few laps in.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. They are only short seasons so perhaps 2 requests? I rarely get a request to have a look and wouldn't want to encourage too many.

Although ideally there should perhaps be 2 people who could share their views between each other. It'd save just the 1 person having to bare all the responsibility. They could then give me their decision (and I could take a look if need be).
Volunteers are welcome. :)
I'd be willing to help. A couple of proposals though:

1) In the event that someone uses one of their requests I think the first step should be to just ask the 'offending' party whether they feel they were 'guilty'.
  • If they agree, there is no need to review footage. You as race organiser can issue the warning/penalty and we move on.
  • If they disagree, the footage (and only the footage - it is up to the reporting driver to specify the lap and corner) is reviewed by the steward, recommendation made to you, you make a decision and issue warning/ penalty/ etc..
2) Limit the requests to one a season and have a warning system pre-penalty; the aim of this should be to root out very poor behaviour, not just have a moan about an innocent bump. People make mistakes; none of us is perfect - just look at some of Rich's footage to see bumps and scraps ahead in the field that are not mentioned or reported; we just get on with it. And worth remembering it is just a game. If somebody is a serial barger or does something really silly, then fine, report them, but minor bumps and scraps happen all the time and folk need to think about whether there was ill intention - my guess is 99% of the time there isn't. We saw in Sick's series people leaving due to a penalty system; I wouldn't want to see the same here.

Last edited:
Current participant count - 14
Spaces available - 2

@John Wells -
620R ¦ 300SP

@AndreasR -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Oldbass47 -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Maxmusmonster -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Napalm_LT -

@xeronima -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Don Mejillone -
620R ¦ 300SP

@richroo -
620R ¦ 300SP

@beachboy6658 -
620R ¦ 300SP

@slthree -
620R ¦ 300SP

@Skip7950 - 620R Orange metallic ¦ 300SP #18

@Hun200kmh - 620R White/Blue stripe ¦ 300SP #53

Teams.

Team 2 - Rage & Oldbass
Team 3 - Rich & BBoy
Team 4 - Me & Half
Team 5 - Xero & Max
Team 6 - Napalm & Don

Team 7 - Skip & Hun

620R:Light green/ Black stripes. 300sp #72

Maybe damage on setting would help to avoid accidents? We play together for ages and I don't know anybody of current members aren't clean driver. Nobody there do intentional accidents. Most of them are due pour visibility or to optimistic driving - maybe knowing accident can end race let us be more cautious. And another thing - our race are quite short so if accident happened - everyone will have new chance in the next race.

I'd be willing to help.
OK, thanks.
Hopefully there won't be many, if any, incidents. As Sick always says "I don't want to spend all my time reviewing footage".

The 9 week Ferrari series completed without me having to review anything. As you say there was contact and a few crashes but most of that is the lack of spatial awareness that you get from a 2D screen (particularly if using interior view) combined at times with a bit too much exuberance. We are used to that and generally, as you say, get on with it. There's never been any ill intentions just the occasional ill thought out late braking resulting in a "Oh 🤬" moment.
It usually feels worse at the time to what the reality of the replay reveals. :)

That's why I like the shorter race format, there's always another coming up.

Anyway if you don't mind being the sole marshal, that's fine. If someone else would like to join in then good to. But I'm going to be taking a look at anything reported so I suppose we could coordinate anyway. And your proposals; I'm leaning towards No. 1, it seems more cordial.

If you want to save the replays you'll need to clear out some of the older ones after a couple of weeks otherwise you'll run out of free space. Oh and the controller triggers can be used to speed up and slow down/reverse the replay, very useful. And you can rotate the external view using the sticks.

Damage on? Hmm, I'd like to avoid having to use that, particularly in these Caterhams since they are a little fragile.

Since we are on the subject what I will add here is. Everyone please be cautious on the random grid races. Some slower guys may be in front of you, be patient with them, do not barge past. And to the slower drivers, you stick to your lines, you don't have too let a faster driver through. Now if it's your team mate then that's a different matter. :)

All good with that - thanks for the tips on replay saving. Of course if I am the accused, you'll have to be sole arbiter...

One more thought on my suggestion 1: where the accused agrees they were 'guilty', you ask the accuser, having by that time calmed down a bit more, whether they still want the accused to be warned/ penalised. They have the option to say no and draw a line under it, or ask for the warning or penalty to be issued.

Unrelated question. Last night when I tried the settings you posted above I followed this to the letter

Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - Yes
Allow Traction Control - Yes
Allow Stability Control - No

Before I've always driven with "Force realistic driving aids" set to ON so I was a bit curious on how would any if these cars behave with ABS and TCS. But ... I still couldn't get either ABS or TCS to be active so I just drove without aids. Is this supposed to happen or am I doing something wrong here?

Of course if I am the accused, you'll have to be sole arbiter...
Of course if anyone has a complaint about me that's easy. They're banned. :D

Your thought. I think it might be best to leave it to the marshals to make a decision once a complaint has been made, it takes it out of the hands of both/all parties then. And perhaps make someone reconsider putting in a review request.

Unrelated question.
Ah, this is the first series I've run with those options. My reasoning being that if people want to use ABS or TC to help them on track - for their enjoyment - they can use them (if they have them set in the game options). It might be better than me forcing the options on drivers who don't want it. However I'm not sure if either of these cars have aids, certainly not the 620, so that's maybe why you couldn't select them using the authentic aid option.

All good with that - thanks for the tips on replay saving. Of course if I am the accused, you'll have to be sole arbiter...

One more thought on my suggestion 1: where the accused agrees they were 'guilty', you ask the accuser, having by that time calmed down a bit more, whether they still want the accused to be warned/ penalised. They have the option to say no and draw a line under it, or ask for the warning or penalty to be issued.
Please, everyone...I don't want to be controversial, especially being so new to this particular group (although I have driven with a number of you in Sick's leagues), but I read all this serious talk of 'marshalls' and 'warnings' and 'penalized'...and it saddens me. Every league I have been in started doing that sort of thing, and it seemed to create stress, tension, and tightness on the track...and I think helped create more incidents...maybe not. It sure did take something supposed to fun, exciting, full of camaraderie and turn it into something akin to what we experience in every day real life in this crazy world. It seems to me this particular group has done very well self policing the races thru messaging and the threads...everyone seems to get along well, forgiving others as they would want to be forgiven.
My vote is to not change anything. Paul is a wonderful leader, and it all the judge we need. If all just assure each other we would use good etiquette on the track, give the spot back, don't try to pass on obviously bad places, etc. we can enjoy what we have immensely.
Just one man's opinion....

It was not my intention to make a big thing of it . i think we have been doing it the same way as sick's but this is the reason i don't necessarily complain just sometimes only for fun ..
Unless someone is being a ass then no further action ! this is fine but if i'm fighting for points and then get knocked by my rival then lose places while he keeps place is that then ok !
so anyway thats great we have something in place ...

Napalm as much as damage would bring more caution we have tried before but accidents do kill your race ,nose diving the wall is race ending and i would not wish that on anyone !

Hopefully @Skip7950 it'll carry on as normal and you won't notice any difference in your experience. But it's good to have something in place just in case we need it at any time. There never has been before. And it's useful for me to have a backup to my opinion, makes me feel less omnipotent. :P
So just go along if nothing has changed, because nothing has really. 👍

Sorry @Hun200kmh, we are not nearly as serious as this has been sounding. It's all about an hour or so of fun at the end of the day and we'll try and keep it that way. ;)

Latest Posts

Back