The Caterham Cup - FinishedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 521 comments
Well I left that track like a Terminator leaving a police station.
But he then came back in a car and crashed. You've already got the crashing sorted out. :mischievous:

Try that Olsberg around there, it's good. In fact try it everywhere because I expect we'll be using that in a championship at some point.

But he then came back in a car and crashed. You've already got the crashing sorted out. :mischievous:

Try that Olsberg around there, it's good. In fact try it everywhere because I expect we'll be using that in a championship at some point.
Sorry to be brain dead, but I am wondering if we are starting tomorrow (Monday) on track A or B....since A is the longer track. Help!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yep @Skip7950, as Napalm says, we'll be starting on the B layout in the Sevens. The A will be for the 300s.

They didn't put much thought into the naming of the layouts at Oschersleben.

"What shall we call the main track?"
"Oh I don't know, maybe A"
"OK what about the shorter version?"
"Er, perhaps B."
"And the very short layout?"
"Well....."

Results from Oschersleben

Race 1 and 2

Oschersleben Race 1 and 2 MON.jpg

Race 3 and 4

Oschersleben Race 3 and 4 MON.jpg

Great races, thanks. Apologies for any bumps, never on purpose, as i know none of yours would be. I missed the 1st 300 race, accidentally pressed the circle button and quit the lobby!! IDIOT. :banghead: Sorry teammate Joe. Some very nice lap times there (1.06 wow). Well done winners.

Im guessing the race results are slightly wrong? 300 race 1, did GTP_hun win?
and skip is missing from 300 race 2

Last edited:
I missed the 1st 300 race, accidentally pressed the circle button and quit the lobby!! IDIOT.
That's unfortunate. I just saw you disappear as the race started!

Im guessing the race results are slightly wrong? 300 race 1, did GTP_hun win? and skip is missing from 300 race 2
Nope, they are correct. I just double checked and Xeron won.
Skip disconnected during race 2. He'd still get a point for starting.

That's unfortunate. I just saw you disappear as the race started!

Nope, they are correct. I just double checked and Xeron won.
Skip disconnected during race 2. He'd still get a point for starting.
Paul and guys,
Letting you know I am leaving the league today. I just cannot deal with the issues going on in real life and try to do a league as well.
Sorry Paul, I thought I could do this but no go. Better to get out now.
I appreciate you letting me join you guys for awhile, and I wish everyone best of luck and lots of fun!
I will stay in touch, Paul, if you like....
Skip

It should be race 2 only for each car. See post 3 page 1. Last night I counted both races by mistake. Will fix later.

EDIT: Fixed now.

Last edited:
Letting you know I am leaving the league today. I just cannot deal with the issues going on in real life and try to do a league as well.
Aww that's a shame Skip but if you feel you are suffering because of the racing it's best to stop. Your health should always come before larking around in virtual cars. ;)

I'll move you onto the reserve list so you'll always be welcome to make an appearance at any time you feel able. And, of course, keep in touch with us. You can stay active on the thread. 👍

If I run a PC3 lobby at any time I'll send you an invite. It's a more casual, less taxing experience.

EDIT: Fixed now.
I like the fixed table better. :)

Last edited:
Bad day at the office. 7:25 and 54:30 gave me GT Sport Daily Races flashbacks...
That 1st corner has a lot to answer for! Ridiculously awkward to negotiate at speed and with cars around you. If you've tried it, the corner is much better in PC3, it uses the different, smoother version. I'd actually practiced in PC3 so the corner initially threw me! :dopey:

As for the rest of the circuit? Actually it's not too bad once mastered.

@richroo now I know what happened in that terrible moment (32:50 to 33:00 in your video) . Two strikes, Simba got me and you finished me off! :lol:

But what really ruined all my recovery effort was me, still recovering from that off and trying to re-focus, totally misunderstanding skip's intention to give me way and plunging into him just a couple of corners later! Again sorry about that Skip :ouch:

My own POV video, not complete because it starts after the first race (same events start at about 11:15. And mishap with Skip at 11:50 :banghead: sorry about that Simon, you got caught by that one too ... )

@richroo now I know what happened in that terrible moment (32:50 to 33:00 in your video) . Two strikes, Simba got me and you finished me off! :lol:

But what really ruined all my recovery effort was me, still recovering from that off and trying to re-focus, totally misunderstanding skip's intention to give me way and plunging into him just a couple of corners later! Again sorry about that Skip :ouch:

My own POV video, not complete because it starts after the first race (same events start at about 11:15. And mishap with Skip at 11:50 :banghead: sorry about that Simon, you got caught by that one too ... )

Hi Mario,
Yeah, I was intending to let you by as you said, but I think I slowed too fast to try and safely pull over...probably causing you to hit me. Thanks for acknowledging the hit though!

@Skip7950
sry to hear the old bones are rattling, Health is more important !

you will have to try paul's routine and sleep all day till race time . :P
you know were we are and are part of our group so don't feel you have to back away, i'm sure you have got enough medication to balance you out lol a different combo would also help as these cars are not the easy type ..
There is another job going if you fancied a go ! (commentator;))

Last edited:
@Skip7950
sry to hear the old bones are rattling, Health is more important !

you will have to try paul's routine and sleep all day till race time . :P
you know were we are and are part of our group so don't feel you have to back away, i'm sure you have got enough medication to balance you out lol a different combo would also help as these cars are not the easy type ..
There is another job going if you fancied a go ! (commentator;))
Thanks Rich...the cars are fine...it is just the meds now make me so tired My coordination goes wacky, hands dont work right, all I want to do go to bed and sleep till dinner time every day. Anyway, being on reserve list is a good idea, in case I have a particularly good Monday going ⁉️

It's been quiet on here all week. :)

I haven't put a lap of practice in for today yet! And that's partly because I've been working on ideas for future series. I've found that leaving it until the last moment is a bit of a rush.

I'm possibly going to be allowing tuning in at least one series. It will give everyone access to more tyre choices for better grip (soft slicks) and will then allow me to throw in some random weather events!! It will also add a bit more strategy to the slightly longer races I have planned. It's OK, not too long. The next series will be something different again though. I think!

I'm not sure so I'll take this opportunity to ask. Has everyone got the Japanese DLC pack? It's the only one that's not included in the season pass. I was thinking of using at least 1 of the cars sometime. It's not very expensive but don't worry if you haven't got it. Perhaps it might go on sale again anyway.

See you later. 👍

Ive not got anything except Spirit of Le Mans DLC, but i'll get whatever, gotta spoil yaself sometimes. TBH i dont even know what a season pass actually is, such a noob.

TBH i dont even know what a season pass actually is, such a noob.
The season pass gave/gives access to all of the available DLC packs that it covered. Which are.
Project-CARS-2-DLC-Chart.jpg

It was usually cheaper to by the pass than getting them individually. If you've already got one it might be better to get them as needed. You'd have to take a look. They often go on sale - including the season pass. As you can see the Japanese pack isn't included but you do get the extra day one DLC.

I will skip rhis one. Have fun guys.
See you next time Napalm.

Back