The central: HOW TO gold all licences, mission challenges and track experiences thread (video guides inside)

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 267 comments
I have all golds with DualSense controller. Most annoying for me was definitely Autopolis CE. The Nissan in stock form breaks traction too easily.

Hardest license was, ironically, the one where you do the start-stop in the rain with the Viper. Then there was the snow driving with the Peugeot Gr.B but just a matter of adjusting lines and slide speed.

Last edited:
I know one license test in the Master section that I am really having a time with, the A4 one, the Tokyo urban track. I am at a low silver level, I don't know how I can get a time in the 0'27's when I keep hitting the wall. I'll post some runs later and let you all see where I am struggling with this, it's hindering me from getting the gift car for achieving all gold medals.

I know one license test in the Master section that I am really having a time with, the A4 one, the Tokyo urban track. I am at a low silver level, I don't know how I can get a time in the 0'27's when I keep hitting the wall. I'll post some runs later and let you all see where I am struggling with this, it's hindering me from getting the gift car for achieving all gold medals.
If that is the Ferrari one, don’t go full throttle through the 2nd half of the test when you snake around all those corners. You need to go about 80% throttle through there and just string them together smoothly. Hit that last left hander cleanly and give it the beans to the finish.

I’m really struggling with this Corvette and Road Atlanta. 33.454 is my fastest. Gold is 33.440. This silly car likes to slide all over the place and despite it being a high performance car with a magnetic suspension the thing wallows all over the place coming out of turns.

Edit: Finally a 33.416. Okay, now I can move on. Wow, ran it again and did a 33.271. Okay now I can really move on.

Last edited:
If that is the Ferrari one, don’t go full throttle through the 2nd half of the test when you snake around all those corners. You need to go about 80% throttle through there and just string them together smoothly. Hit that last left hander cleanly and give it the beans to the finish.

I’m really struggling with this Corvette and Road Atlanta. 33.454 is my fastest. Gold is 33.440. This silly car likes to slide all over the place and despite it being a high performance car with a magnetic suspension the thing wallows all over the place coming out of turns.

Edit: Finally a 33.416. Okay, now I can move on. Wow, ran it again and did a 33.271. Okay now I can really move on.
Yes, I haven't reached gold on that one either, the Corvette is a heavy car and it's a job to make turns and tackle corners. Idk how the demo driver can do all those turns that quick unless he is using a wheel. Beats me. So I have to find a good rhythm and balance with the car in order to get a faster time.

Ugg, this Nord test with the Gr.C Porsche sucks. I hate this track. It has no redeeming qualities to it. None. The dumb carousel throws the car completely out of wack. I’ve tried going high on the carousel and there is no grip going around the turn. Go low and it’s bumps the car around and throws it off the track. Go mid and the car gets tossed on exit causing the tires to spin up and you end up having a face to face conversation with Berry R.

Just a terrible track.

Ugg, this Nord test with the Gr.C Porsche sucks. I hate this track. It has no redeeming qualities to it. None. The dumb carousel throws the car completely out of wack. I’ve tried going high on the carousel and there is no grip going around the turn. Go low and it’s bumps the car around and throws it off the track. Go mid and the car gets tossed on exit causing the tires to spin up and you end up having a face to face conversation with Berry R.

Just a terrible track.

Blasphemy.

yNca09z.gif

Someone could make a pretty penny helping fellow bronze heads get those golds!
So there is an option where somebody else could drive your cars and get the wins and\or gold awards . . . why would you even want that? Seems to me that it would take all the pride away from you and your accomplishment. Do you really want to beat the game that badly?

I am like many, I am still trying to get silver on many events and thinking gold is still a little ways off for me but I know when it happens it will be my own effort not anyone else. You can look me up - I am the king of the bronze!

Side question: If there were rules in game play, would this be considered cheating?

So there is an option where somebody else could drive your cars and get the wins and\or gold awards . . . why would you even want that? Seems to me that it would take all the pride away from you and your accomplishment. Do you really want to beat the game that badly?

I am like many, I am still trying to get silver on many events and thinking gold is still a little ways off for me but I know when it happens it will be my own effort not anyone else. You can look me up - I am the king of the bronze!

Side question: If there were rules in game play, would this be considered cheating?
No not quite. I don’t think GT7 has SharePlay, but I’ve not tried it.

Whenever I’ve done SharePlay, it’s more like they’re using a second controller.

Apart Alex's video, I'm looking for a video on the Moby Dick mission with the Nissan GT500 on Fuji.
I've tried this one tens of times (not to say hundreds) and I'm still 2nd with a fastest time 1:14.3xx.
I know it's not the easiest mission to get gold but I need to understand what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks and cheers :)

Apart Alex's video, I'm looking for a video on the Moby Dick mission with the Nissan GT500 on Fuji.
I've tried this one tens of times (not to say hundreds) and I'm still 2nd with a fastest time 1:14.3xx.
I know it's not the easiest mission to get gold but I need to understand what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks and cheers :)
I'm pretty sure this mission became more of a challenge after the physics update. I remember having a difficult time, too. Sometimes the AI cars stuff each other up in the last couple turns and that gives you the edge to get first. So you have to be perfect during each attempt to catch them on the random chance that they make a mistake.

I'm pretty sure this mission became more of a challenge after the physics update. I remember having a difficult time, too. Sometimes the AI cars stuff each other up in the last couple turns and that gives you the edge to get first. So you have to be perfect during each attempt to catch them on the random chance that they make a mistake.
Thanks for your reply, Mr GlockPants :)

Yes I think so for the update because with 1:14.3xx, I should have gold if I compare to my leaderboard friends on this mission.

This weird behaviour happens sometimes from the AI cars (already noticed some virils contacts with the RSR and the NSX at the turn 10) and I've tried to take advantage but without succeed for now.
And after, it's almost impossible to overtake until turn 16.

1706085669968.png

Yes I think so for the update because with 1:14.3xx, I should have gold if I compare to my leaderboard friends on this mission.

This weird behaviour happens sometimes from the AI cars (already noticed some virils contacts with the RSR and the NSX at the turn 10) and I've tried to take advantage but without succeed for now.

View attachment 1322030
Yes, if I'm remembering correctly, you overtake the final two cars after T16. You have to be close enough to catch their slipstream and also the slower car must be ahead at that point. If the faster car is ahead at T16, you won't be able to catch up.

View attachment 1322030
Have you beaten the Mixed Class 1 mission? They should have tripled the rewards for that TBH. 10k isn't enough for the hard work and labor needed for overtaking all opponents.

Have you beaten the Mixed Class 1 mission? They should have tripled the rewards for that TBH. 10k isn't enough for the hard work and labor needed for overtaking all opponents.
Only the Nissan remains in overtaking missions.
The others similars missions aren't so complex, just need to take time to learn the best line and you're good.

Can't agree more with you!

View attachment 1322645

I finished golding the 6 Tokyo circuit experiences today. The central courses were very hard for me. I needed many many attempts. The key was not to overdrive the car. The more you push, the slower you are. One has to find the limit of grip and keep right below this limit. And there is no room for mistakes (at least for my skill level)
I learned a lot to be honest.

Keep trying!

Regards
M

Yeah Tokyo has some really insane gold target times to beat, you really cannot slack up and make mistakes or you'll fail and get bronze or silver. That's just the way it goes.

Yes, if I'm remembering correctly, you overtake the final two cars after T16. You have to be close enough to catch their slipstream and also the slower car must be ahead at that point. If the faster car is ahead at T16, you won't be able to catch up.
This. Also, try it many times. The time I did to gold it was actually slower than many of my silvers. If you do 1:13.7 a few times in a row, you'll get it.

Hi, i hope this is the right place for this question. How do i know what time the demo ghost in the licenses is driving? I would like to know what time i am chasing..

Would be helpfull to have an offset timer like in the time trials, based on the gold time to see if you're doing well or not and where you are losing/winning time.

Hi, i hope this is the right place for this question. How do i know what time the demo ghost in the licenses is driving? I would like to know what time i am chasing..

Would be helpfull to have an offset timer like in the time trials, based on the gold time to see if you're doing well or not and where you are losing/winning time.
The time you can you see it at the end of the demo run .
Usually is well under the gold ,so isn't necessary to pass him ,just be close as you can.

Latest Posts

Back