The credits cost of all 454 cars in Gran Turismo 7 [489 Million total]

• Thread starter Samus
  • 933 comments
500 million credits, even with the Tomahawk X exploit (manual grinding), takes 152 hours to grind. And this is an exploit (and you still have to hammer down on grinding the same race over and over).

Without exploits, the most you can get per hour is 1.7 million. That's 294 hours of grinding the meta race over and over.

Assuming you are a normal person and play 1 or 2 hours per day (let's go with 2), that's 147 days. And this is assuming you ONLY play GT7 (which quite clearly, the vast majority of gamers don't play only one game for that amount of time, it's a very small minority).

And then you have time gate troubles where you cannot miss some cars on the UCD or LCD, otherwise you have to wait months until then, which obviously doesn't increase the grind, but increases your "boredom" or just frustration in waiting for the car to appear (and god forbid you miss it again).

This all to point out a big flaw in the game's gameplay design. If you just want to have fun, doing custom races, sport mode online races, or just variety of different racing events and championships, the amount of time needed for those 500 million credits can be amplified by a factor of 4. That's over 1.000 hours of play time. No one but the 0.1% spends this much time in a game.

Last edited:
500 million credits, even with the Tomahawk X exploit (manual grinding), takes 152 hours to grind. And this is an exploit (and you still have to hammer down on grinding the same race over and over).

Without exploits, the most you can get per hour is 1.7 million. That's 294 hours of grinding the meta race over and over.

Assuming you are a normal person and play 1 or 2 hours per day (let's go with 2), that's 147 days. And this is assuming you ONLY play GT7 (which quite clearly, the vast majority of gamers don't play only one game for that amount of time, it's a very small minority).

And then you have time gate troubles where you cannot miss some cars on the UCD or LCD, otherwise you have to wait months until then, which obviously doesn't increase the grind, but increases your "boredom" or just frustration in waiting for the car to appear (and god forbid you miss it again).

This all to point out a big flaw in the game's gameplay design. If you just want to have fun, doing custom races, sport mode online races, or just variety of different racing events and championships, the amount of time needed for those 500 million credits can be amplified by a factor of 4. That's over 1.000 hours of play time. No one but the 0.1% spends this much time in a game.
On the contrary, your assumptions and reasoning are flawed.
If you do not want to play 300 or a 1000 hours, why would you need all cars? You will not even have the time to seriously drive all 427 cars.
If you buy just a hundred cars in addition to the 100 prize cars you get for free, you can buy almost anything except a few very expensive legendary cars.
If, however, you don't mind playing 300 hours or more, you can have it all. So, instead of being flawed, the game design in this respect is actually clever. It caters to various player segments and entices you to play and explore.
I have no issue with that at all.

I've got 3 cars left in my list that we haven't seen yet. I bring it up because IIRC, the Merc-Benz Barker was 20mil during the reveal but actually was 'only' 13mil. So we don't yet know if the Shelby Daytona will be 20mil, same for Alfa Romeo Giulia and Ferrari 250 GT, right? Or did I miss these in the LD?

Jerome

I've got 3 cars left in my list that we haven't seen yet. I bring it up because IIRC, the Merc-Benz Barker was 20mil during the reveal but actually was 'only' 13mil. So we don't yet know if the Shelby Daytona will be 20mil, same for Alfa Romeo Giulia and Ferrari 250 GT, right? Or did I miss these in the LD?

Jerome
The early players all saw those for real.

Ah okay, excellent!

Jerome
Just for confirmation here is the Shelby and Ferrari from an early player on YT.

screenshot-2022-04-26-at-12-15-48-gran-turismo-7-buy-a-legendary-car-living-with-a-legend-tr-png.1142860

The Alfa you can see in this video

429.5 million credits on cars. 21.7 million is prize cars, so that's just about ~408 million left.

And, we are not factoring tuning/mods, which are a hefty chunk as well.
That depends on how lucky you were with the 3-card monte and how much effort you put into winning the prize cars. The no-luck (duplicates or low-price when there is no duplicate possible in the 3-card monte)/minimum-effort (get through menu book 38 to unlock Sarthe, bronze the National A license to get through the 38 menu books, and don't finish any mission sets) unique prize car total is just over 9.9 million credits. Get extremely lucky in the 3-card monte and that goes to just under 10.4 million credits.

Be a persistent average driver (finish the last menu book, get golds in The Magic Mountain and Beyond the Horizon mission sets, get license golds through IB, and get bronze in the rest of the missions/licenses), and that goes up to between 13.8 million and 16.1 million credits. Only if you're an alien and manage to gold everything will you'll get the full effect - between 22.1 million and 24.4 million credits' worth of cars.

Now the list is complete I could figure out what I'm still looking for pre 2000. I can stop looking at the UCD, the rest is all in the LCD. 15 cars left to get for a total value of 99,847,500. Back to the grind. The end is in sight, but how long until those 15 cars come back around.

Now the list is complete I could figure out what I'm still looking for pre 2000. I can stop looking at the UCD, the rest is all in the LCD. 15 cars left to get for a total value of 99,847,500. Back to the grind. The end is in sight, but how long until those 15 cars come back around.
I have 12 cars left for a total value of 59 million.

Jaguar XJ13 and the Cobra Daytona Coupe are the most expensive that I have left to collect, all the rest is below 5 million, such as F50, Ferrari Mondial, Mark IV.

I have 12 cars left for a total value of 59 million.

Jaguar XJ13 and the Cobra Daytona Coupe are the most expensive that I have left to collect, all the rest is below 5 million, such as F50, Ferrari Mondial, Mark IV.
I have the same value of cars left to get :)
Some of them being the 20mill Mclaren, Ferrari F40 and the Ferrari 250 GT.

Plus a about 8 manufactures in the dealership to clear out.

Thanks to the AFK method - the grind would be too much for me otherwise

I have the same value of cars left to get :)
Some of them being the 20mill Mclaren, Ferrari F40 and the Ferrari 250 GT.

Plus a about 8 manufactures in the dealership to clear out.

Thanks to the AFK method - the grind would be too much for me otherwise
Same for me... I'm at 100 million and just waiting for those cars to appears.

I even bought 2 of each of the invitational super cars (aside from the track day cars like the FXX K and the Vulcan which have no permanent upgrades) so I don't have to worry about invitations again.

Same for me... I'm at 100 million and just waiting for those cars to appears.

I even bought 2 of each of the invitational super cars (aside from the track day cars like the FXX K and the Vulcan which have no permanent upgrades) so I don't have to worry about invitations again.
Nice, I haven't had the credits to do that :(
Sitting on about 20 mill now - planning on getting the LCD cars then popping the other cheaper cars once I've done that.

Then yeah - getting myself up to max credits and turning the game off untill either the lobbies are fixed or they add some more single player content

This all to point out a big flaw in the game's gameplay design.
Same design as in GT5, GT6. You can check info about amount of cars, summary price of them, rewards, UCD cycle etc.
FOMO is bad.
Do you think that another game design where you can get 400+ cars just after 100 hours will be better? Or may be 50 hours is ok?
Did you try drive every car you bought? 400 cars even with 30 minutes of test-drive - it's 200 hours already

The game gifts your car's .
Also as someone said above, if you think 400 hours is too much, good luck enjoying the cars you drive.

Same design as in GT5, GT6. You can check info about amount of cars, summary price of them, rewards, UCD cycle etc.
FOMO is bad.
Do you think that another game design where you can get 400+ cars just after 100 hours will be better? Or may be 50 hours is ok?
Did you try drive every car you bought? 400 cars even with 30 minutes of test-drive - it's 200 hours already
Yeah... same mistake to an even greater degree than GT5 and GT6 yes. Although GT6 did have a nice way to get credits and you didn't need as much credits either as the overall price of cars was lower than in GT7. And you didn't need to wait 2 months for a car to appear in a used car dealer.
FOMO is definitely bad my friend, never said otherwise.

A game design with propper content for about 150-200 hours of gameplay can easily be designed to give you the close to 400 cars in the game. Again... it's the way it is designed that matters.

I wouldn't mind that it would take 500 hours to get all cars, IF I had content for 500 hours. There are a plethora of championships and special challenges that PD can make up for us to do.
GT7 offers you about 30-40 hours of content (if you are a decent driver) and then leaves you to grind the same race forever to get the rest of the cars, and even locks me in a 2 month time gate in case I miss out on a car from the UCD or LCD.

With that said, any news on May content into the game?

Be a persistent average driver (finish the last menu book, get golds in The Magic Mountain and Beyond the Horizon mission sets, get license golds through IB, and get bronze in the rest of the missions/licenses), and that goes up to between 13.8 million and 16.1 million credits. Only if you're an alien and manage to gold everything will you'll get the full effect - between 22.1 million and 24.4 million credits' worth of cars.
Yes, the 21.7 million in prize cars is only for the gold "set" rewards. I didn't count the optional 3-way card rewards because those vary a lot and some of them can even include cars that you win in the café.

If you do not want to play 300 or a 1000 hours, why would you need all cars? You will not even have the time to seriously drive all 427 cars.
Are you for real? I want to spend that 300 hours driving the cars I want on the tracks I want, not repeating the same track/car over and over again and THEN start to play the game the way I want to.

I thought I'd buy all the brand central cars I Want the other day and ened up blowing 40 million credits. Now I need to gain them back before they patch the tomahawk in order to buy the legendaries on my waiting list.

Yep, my total (not with 0 mileage) is 429.478.005 Cr. Some of us have slightly different prizes based on UCD cars but the results are still similar.

429.5 million credits on cars. 21.7 million is prize cars, so that's just about ~408 million left.

And, we are not factoring tuning/mods, which are a hefty chunk as well.

By the way, this means the average is over 1 million per car...

Top 10 most expensive cars:

Alfa Romeo8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta1938Legendary Car Dealer20 000 000
Ferrari250 GTO1962Legendary Car Dealer20 000 000
ShelbyCobra Daytona Coupe1965Legendary Car Dealer20 000 000
McLarenF11994Legendary Car Dealer18 500 000
Porsche917K1970Legendary Car Dealer18 000 000
MercedesS Barker Tourer1929Legendary Car Dealer13 000 000
JaguarXJ131966Legendary Car Dealer12 000 000
Mercedes300 SL W1941952Legendary Car Dealer11 000 000
McLarenF1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu1995Legendary Car Dealer10 500 000
BMWMcLaren F1 GTR1997Legendary Car Dealer9 500 000
I wonder if some of those expensive cars will be lowered in price the second round they appear. There have been several cars that appeared post-economy patch that were expected to be 20 mill (the S Barker Tourer or that latest McLaren BMW F1 GTR). I hope the 917K, F1, Alpha etc will be lowered as well.

FOMO is bad.
For me it's not about driving every car I buy, it's about racing against the cars I want to race against.

I love endurance races on N24 in older race cars. However if you race in GR.C car you get pitted against VGT Hybrids. GR.1 has 8 of them! There are only 5 GR.C cars, plenty more classic race cars but you won't see those in a GR.1 or random grid.

So the only way is to create races with custom grids picked from garage cars. And the only way to do that is get all the cars to race against first. Of course all the classic race cars are in the LCD, cost a fortune, thus the need to grind for many hours before finally being able to do the races I want to do. (Meanwhile hoping PD will improve custom races, it desperately needs the ability to save settings, save grid line-ups, save races in progress, be able to pause in the pits, change oil in the pits, more options for weather control)

I started grinding 'late', enjoying the single player content and custom endurance races first with what I had. But then got annoyed with Hybrid VGTs spoiling the races or racing against modern GR.2 to GR.4 cars. And the cars left to get are helluva expensive

1954 Ferrari Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe 4,000,000 LCD
1956 Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera 615,000 LCD
1960 Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster 1,600,000 LCD
1961 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 8,200,000 LCD
1961 Jaguar E-Type Coupe 162,500 LCD
1964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 20,000,000 LCD
1964 Aston Martin DB5 970,000 LCD
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 3,100,000 LCD
1966 Jaguar XJ13 12,000,000 LCD
1966 Ford GT40 Mk1 5,600,000 LCD
1970 Porsche 917K 18,000,000 LCD
1993 Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI 800,000 LCD
1994 McLaren F1 18,500,000 LCD
1995 Ferrari F50 3,300,000 LCD
1997 Porsche 911 996 GT1 Strassenversion 3,000,000 LCD

Couple 'holes' left to plug for pre 70's races. That list is 150K shy of 100 million. Then tires plus tuning on top.

It would all not be 'necessary' if custom races had simple options for opponents, like year and HP/weight ranges. Stuff that the game uses in many other races but not available when setting up a custom race. All this grinding is just a huge workaround :/ For me to create the races I want to do, for others maybe because the game currently offers nothing else to do...

For me it's not about driving every car I buy, it's about racing against the cars I want to race against.
I have only done 2 custom races so far in GT7, didn't do any more after the absolutely ridiculous crap payouts I would get for them. Which is why this detail has escaped from me...

This here is also an argument for why you would want all the cars, to make these custom races.

I am thankfull that the exploits have saved me from the tedium grinding I would've had to make. I have 100 million ready for the rest of the cars I have left (59 million) and some eventual DLC cars and some tuning.
But I actually do plan to drive all the real life cars in GT7 and if possible have 2 of each road car version, one fully moded, one stock.

So, I have to watch out for the next time the McLaren F1 (road car) is in the LCD, 18.5 million, but I'll probably have it in spades when the time comes. Plus, hopefully PD enables us to sell cars by that time, so I can sell all the Gr. cars I won't use alongside the VGTs, those should earn me quite a few millions.

Last edited:
The 1945 Jeep Willys MB is now officially 27,800 Cr., a significant drop from its State of Play 100,000 Cr. price.

GT7 offers you about 30-40 hours of content (if you are a decent driver) and then leaves you to grind the same race forever to get the rest of the cars
GT is not about driving races once. Yesterday I spent 4 hours just for VW'66 upgrades, tuning their settings, testdriving, livery. I spent 7 hours to test 15 gr.3 cars at Spa before "Spa 1 hr race for 1 mil credits". I spent 10 hours in public lobbies with my friends. Didn't play more than half off missions and CE yet.
30-40 hours, what?

I have only done 2 custom races so far in GT7, didn't do any more after the absolutely ridiculous crap payouts I would get for them. Which is why this detail has escaped from me...
You have millions of credits which let you play game as you want. Anyway you don't want drive custom races because of small rewards?! Can you forget about rewards and just drive for fun?
I don't like Forzathons and seasonal events in Forzas but it looks like these mechanics are welcome to GT for you and many other gamers who wants 400 cars in 100 hours and who can't play sandbox just for 10k credits: they say to you "We'll reward you Aventador but you must a) Take car X and drive 3 laps at track Y b) Drive any track/car with cockpit view without ABS 3 times c) Win 5 times at Brands Hatch in rain at hard difficulty".
What will you play in GT if all cars cost zero credits, all modes and tracks are unlocked, rewards are notning?

GT is not about driving races once. Yesterday I spent 4 hours just for VW'66 upgrades, tuning their settings, testdriving, livery. I spent 7 hours to test 15 gr.3 cars at Spa before "Spa 1 hr race for 1 mil credits". I spent 10 hours in public lobbies with my friends. Didn't play more than half off missions and CE yet.
30-40 hours, what?
That's not how you judge a game's content. With that flawed logic, all games have INFINITE content.

That's not how you judge a game's content. With that flawed logic, all games have INFINITE content.
Sorry, but that's exactly how you judge a game's content. GT7 gives you a platform to race on - be it "prefabricated" offline races or a virtually infinite number of online or custom races. To moan about the fact that those races don't pay out as much as some others is pointless. I also don't understand the fixation on "getting all cars as quickly as possible". I also want to get all cars eventually, but the goal is to drive them all, and by driving the ones you already have, you get more funds for getting the ones you don't have yet. That might not be the fastest method available in game, but you might actually, dare I say it, enjoy it?

It's almost as if many people just want to get to some fictional end of GT7, just so they can move on to something else.

You don't have to really grind to get the cars just drive the cars you like on tracks you like i like the old lemans cars detuned that net 1.5mill a hour fun race and fun cars to drive im at 272,000 collector points have all the Asia Pacific cars except all the redbulls, i did get the redbull jr that is fun to drive. All the American cars (i haven't got the the 3 most expensive Chevs yet), All the invite only cars and (better to grab them than wait for the invites) All Euro cars except the gr1 vgt gr3 and gr4 (so just normal road cars for Europe) All used cars and nearly all the legend cars except a few off the more expensive ones i was too poor to buy the more expensive legend cars when they came up. Only done about 20mill worth on the tokyo tomahawke glitch its a pretty boring race, but might do it to get the 964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe and the 1970 Porsche 917K (so maybe i need another 80-100mill to get the more expensive LCD cars). I'm not expecting to have all the cars in a few months my main gripe is when you add a widebody kit to a car that's a daily race car there all no wide body and no nos surely the bop can remove the body kit for the race when it lowers bop and it should adjust the tyres to the race not make you buy tyres to do the race. Am at 82% on car collection progress about 1/2 the cash i need to earn to get the last 18% and tune em

Last edited:
Not really, since those rewards are what buy the cars which we need to drive for fun.
He had millions of credits and almost all cars. You didn't read that, right?

For you content is just a quantity of predetermined races and cars, flawed logic. Btw you said earlier that FOMO is your problem. You don't want drive, you just want to have all cars and big money

Back