The credits cost of all 454 cars in Gran Turismo 7 [489 Million total]

• Thread starter Samus
  • 933 comments
Currently at 98% complete, 8 cars to go ,made a little over 414 million, so far.
It took 1 year/10 months to acquire all cars in GTS,ended with about 460 million total,definitely surpass that in GT7.
19 legendary cars left for me. It costs 135,000,000. I hate this game for 200 hours of grind

But why grind if you hate it?
I think that's fairly obvious - it's the only way to access the most desirable cars in the game.

The point, I think, is that these cars ought to be attainable not by grinding, but by having a (much) wider selection of activities in the game that reward you 'financially' (i.e. with in-game Cr.) equally well as the minute number of grind-able events. An example would be Custom Races, which are in effect useless for saving up Cr. towards a Legendary car, yet they would take up a lot more of my GT7 playing time if they paid out a decent amount of Cr., which would make them more worthwhile/worth doing at all.

Unfortunately, in order to have any chance of buying a Legendary car or anything over 3 million Cr., one either has to grind, repeat a very small number of set races, or pay stupid amounts of real money, It would be nice if playing the game normally including a much wider variety of activities allowed one to build one's car collection, but alas that is not the case, not yet anyway.

There's a post above that argues that the vast majority of cars can be bought after just two races (presumably the Spa 24 hour event which pays out 1-1.5 million Cr. per win). This kind of makes the point - not only do those 'two races' take an hour each, the idea of simply playing that one race over and over and over again is the very definition of grinding... that said, 1 hr enduros that pay 1 million Cr. is perfectly fine with me, it's just a terrible pity that there's only one such event in the game at the time of writing.

Last edited:
Because buying those credits on PSN would cost £1080...
Let me put it the other way around.
What do you like in this game that makes you want to play? I am simply baffled that the only option is grinding that you don't like.
Just as an example: I like many things in this game that earn me credits. I liked the menus, it gave me 80 or something cars. I liked the license tests, the missions and now the circuit experience. I like the 1 hour Spa, Sardegna and Le Mans. Just doing what I like in this game has earned me 110 mil credits. And with that I have bought another 100 cars. It will take me another 4 months to get all the Legendary cars. But I don't care, because I like playing the game.
Why on earth would you play if it's just a grind to you?

I can answer for myself, even though as an old school MMOs player that kind of grind is not really much for me, so can't say I did enjoy it, but can't say I did hate it either (given an option to get infinite free credits I'd do it, though).

I enjoy taking some odd (and different) cars for a drive on a few tracks I like.
Given the total lack of the promised "back to the roots" campaign and cafe being so short and lacking, the only way to do so now is custom races (Online too, I suppose. I don't enjoy online in GT, though). Custom races don't pay a thing, not enough even to upgrade/tune some cars.
So pretty much to enjoy what I actually like doing in GT7 I did grind my way up as well, just missing a month worth of LCD cars now with 100m saved (out of needed ~130m, but there's a 100m limit cap).
I do miss a few golds in circuit experiences here and there, some golds in the S tests too, but aside of that and waiting for the new content such relaxed and "custom" driving is all I care about in GT7. I do find it enjoyable experience as the actual driving GT7 got right (except the rally races). The rest... not so much, not yet at least.

If you like GT7 enough to actually play it enough/full time for another 4-6-12-more months, then good for you I suppose. With how I enjoy playing the game I'd never get to try/drive fun cars without the grinding. 1-1.5 hours a day of custom races is literally nothing credits wise. I still like it for the reasons I said above, too, but there are other games to play in my free time.

Last edited:
But why grind if you hate it?
Lack of patience. I'll get destroyed by a lot on here for saying that, but that's what it is. If you enjoy grinding, then go for it. But if you don't, if you're not having fun, just don't play or don't worry about getting all the cars. Get cars you want and race them. And if you're not happy, put the game down and wait for an update. Why would you play it?

need 8 cars now for about 70mill collection is at 98% plus 3 new cars needed on next update just hope i have enough credits to get the cars i was to broke to buy when they were in legend car lot haven't had to grind to much only grind i really done was the rally track before it was nerfed and few hours a day using different gr1 cars for 1.5mill credits the rest was from driving cars i like on tracks i like for a small payout

Lack of patience. I'll get destroyed by a lot on here for saying that, but that's what it is. If you enjoy grinding, then go for it. But if you don't, if you're not having fun, just don't play or don't worry about getting all the cars. Get cars you want and race them. And if you're not happy, put the game down and wait for an update. Why would you play it?
idk, grinders show a tremendous amount of patience in my view. I couldn't imagine doing anything repetitive over and over again if I am not being paid for it. I think for grinders they just really want those things and are willing to put the work in. I've grinned for a car or two in the past but I could never see myself grinding for millions and millions of credits as I don't have the patience to sit down in my chair for more than a couple hours at a time.

Let me put it the other way around.
What do you like in this game that makes you want to play? I am simply baffled that the only option is grinding that you don't like.
Just as an example: I like many things in this game that earn me credits. I liked the menus, it gave me 80 or something cars. I liked the license tests, the missions and now the circuit experience. I like the 1 hour Spa, Sardegna and Le Mans. Just doing what I like in this game has earned me 110 mil credits. And with that I have bought another 100 cars. It will take me another 4 months to get all the Legendary cars. But I don't care, because I like playing the game.
Well, you're asking the wrong guy - but, there is some premium content in the game that is only available to those who either grind or play a lot more than I would consider reasonable, and I'd like that not to be the case. I've had the game for three months and I've earned a total of around 35 million thus far, but a large chunk of that has come from just a handful of events at 5-6 circuits (Spa, Le Mans, Autopolis, Fuji, Monza and Nurb) and the World Series championship.

A simple solution would be to make Custom Races pay out MUCH more than they currently do - that way, the whole diversity of the racing aspect of the game could be used and allow for progression in the car collection side, but currently that is not available for some reason.
I've grinned for a car or two in the past
Willem Dafoe Reaction GIF

How is repeating two races over and over not grinding? That's the textbook definition!
You are constantly looking at it from the view of the few really expensive cars in the game. I was specifically referring to the other 90% of cars, which you can get a hold of pretty quickly, practically without grinding.

And no, you don't need to do only those 2 races over and over. You know perfectly well there's a number of others that pay out just a little less. Why not run those? I find it extremely odd that people seem to gravitate towards minimizing their fun in order to maximize one specific part of the game, but to what end?

I also bet most people complaining don't even know what they want those cars for. If they made the Renault Clio cost 20 million, suddenly people would be desperate to get it.

You are constantly looking at it from the view of the few really expensive cars in the game. I was specifically referring to the other 90% of cars, which you can get a hold of pretty quickly, practically without grinding.

And no, you don't need to do only those 2 races over and over. You know perfectly well there's a number of others that pay out just a little less. Why not run those? I find it extremely odd that people seem to gravitate towards minimizing their fun in order to maximize one specific part of the game, but to what end?

I also bet most people complaining don't even know what they want those cars for. If they made the Renault Clio cost 20 million, suddenly people would be desperate to get it.
It was you who said we only needed to do two races to get 382 cars.

It was you who said we only needed to do two races to get 382 cars.
That's not what he said - he meant that all but the top 45(ish) cars require you to win more than two races in order to buy them individually, and every other car can be bought with the Cr. earned from just those two race wins.

@snowgt The thing is, people like myself are enjoying the game despite the difficulty of obtaining the really expensive cars in the game, and it is not the main focus of the game for me and many others. The problem lies in the fact that there simply isn't enough events that pay enough Cr. to make earning enough Cr. for even a handful of these top cars a plausible option right now, hence the only options are to grind certain events or to pay real cash for these cars, which given the frankly obscene price of GT7 on PSN is similarly not a realistic option. What is more galling is the fact that the game itself could so easily be adjusted to rectify this.

Last edited:
520 x 825,000Cr races...
I wouldn't mind as much if I could earn the cash on all 97 track variants, but only two good money earners (and 2 nearly as good)? Not fun.
I've been doing one Tokyo or LeMans every day for my ticket, good to know that, mathematically, I'll have every car in 18 months (unless they add more 10,000,000+ cars).
Of course, in 18 months time there'll be 100+ events that make the same amount of money, right? (right?)

I can't repeat Tokyo many times, I stopped it after 6-8 hours at summary.
Thanks for AFK grinding with use of remote play, I've got about 400 millions that way when I was sleeping or being at work or with my family.

That's not what he said - he meant that all but the top 45(ish) cars require you to win more than two races in order to buy them individually, and every other car can be bought with the Cr. earned from just those two race wins.

@snowgt The thing is, people like myself are enjoying the game despite the difficulty of obtaining the really expensive cars in the game, and it is not the main focus of the game for me and many others. The problem lies in the fact that there simply isn't enough events that pay enough Cr. to make earning enough Cr. for even a handful of these top cars a plausible option right now, hence the only options are to grind certain events or to pay real cash for these cars, which given the frankly obscene price of GT7 on PSN is similarly not a realistic option. What is more galling is the fact that the game itself could so easily be adjusted to rectify this.
Thank you for explaining my post - that's how it was meant.

Look, I agree that a handful of cars are overpriced (let's say the ones over 5 or 10 million) in the current game economy - I have made posts about this myself, so I agree with you there. However, I do not quite understand how acquiring those cars that in many cases are not the nicest to drive or not very useful in the game, becomes the sole goal of people playing the game. I want to get all cars in the game, too - that was always a thing for me in past GT games. But I have no problem with the fact that it takes a while, and I know what I am going to do once I have them all. And as I said, I do believe that many people do not have that purpose other than "to have them all", so not getting them all in a couple of days makes them miserable.

I'm also bewildered when people name GT4 as the greatest GT game. Give me a break! I remember how I had to grind the same race on El Capitan over and over again, because I wanted all cars and that paid out the most (combination of prize money and prize car). And that was a race with what ... 6 opponent cars?

The GR010 Hybrid is a 2021 model.

The other 2 new cars:
  • Roadster Shop Roadster Shop Rampage, 300,000 Cr.
  • Suzuki SUZUKI VGT, 1,000,000 Cr.
Also, the Hagerty's arrows are about to mean something, starting tonight. From the patch notes:
In the Hagerty Collection, prices have been revised according to real world valuations under guidance from Hagerty. Hagerty is an American company that provides car insurance and valuation for classic cars, and has also sponsored many historic car events in recent years. The new prices will be applied from the next lineup update. The next pricing revision is planned for August 2022.

Could you elaborate on that please?
....he means that all but the top 45(ish) cars require you to win more than two races in order to buy them individually, and every other car can be bought with the Cr. earned from just those two race wins

Specifically, the Spa 1hr race pays out 1 million Cr. (1.5 million Cr. with the clean race bonus) which is enough to make most of the cars in the game affordable after just one or two runnings of this race and only around 10% of the cars in the game cost more than 2 million Cr..

Last edited:
Hagerthy cars are about to get more expensive, at least the vast majority of them who keep increasing in price IRL.

... Get ready peeps.
lcd cars needed are
Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Berlinetta 1937 20,000,000
McLaren F1 1994 18,500,000
Porsche 917K 1970 18,000,000
Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe 1954 4,000,000
Mercedes AMG Sauber C9 1989 3,000,000
cant see top 3 going up in price much more as 20mill is normally the top price cap just wish hadda got them a bit earlier but was broke when the 1st appeared

Last edited:
lcd cars needed are
cant see top 3 going up in price much more as 20mill is normally the top price cap just wish hadda got them a bit earlier but was broke when the 1st appeared
Yeah, those top 3 are likely to not change, as well as the Sauber C9.

The Ferrari 500 Mondial is the only car I have left to collect. I'm at 429/430. But I don't know about the price change of that one. Unlikely to go down though.

lcd cars needed are

Yeah, those top 3 are likely to not change, as well as the Sauber C9.

The Ferrari 500 Mondial is the only car I have left to collect. I'm at 429/430. But I don't know about the price change of that one. Unlikely to go down though.
None of those had arrows last time through, so they should be safe until August. As for anything going down, the 1.15 update flipped the arrow on the 1962 Chevrolet Corvette (C2) from down to up, so nothing is going to go down in price.

Back