The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Ok I'm so out of touch with, well, basically all of my newer games, TC2, RDR2, FH4 mainly because of Elite Dangerous making a comeback into my life.

What have I missed? I haven't even tried the demolition derby thing yet. In fact the last thing I tried were the Hovercraft races.
Look at @FT-1's post from the last page (#1270). A ton of stuff happened after Gator Rush...

That's nice. Did you noticed new parts for Aventador maybe? I always wanted Super Veloce version of it in The Crew 2.

Nope. I don't think any of the Lambos had new parts.

Also, anyone notice the weird ominous, pulsing note that is constant and persistent even in the game world? Why did they add this? Why is it ominous? Why can I hear it even in the game world?

Nope. I don't think any of the Lambos had new parts.

Also, anyone notice the weird ominous, pulsing note that is constant and persistent even in the game world? Why did they add this? Why is it ominous? Why can I hear it even in the game world?
could be the wipers your hearing now there seems to be a lot more sounds as you drive about

could be the wipers your hearing now there seems to be a lot more sounds as you drive about

1. No. I know what the wipers sound like. 2. Wipers cut out in the menus. What I'm hearing is present through the in-game world AND menus. I don't know. It's weird. Music drowns it out, though.

Skyline R34 sound comparison before and after the update. The turbo noises sound so good on the drift spec! :drool:

Skyline R34 sound comparison before and after the update. The turbo noises sound so good on the drift spec! :drool:

You probably saw my post on the video too. I still think the sound from the first Crew was more accurate.

You probably saw my post on the video too. I still think the sound from the first Crew was more accurate.

I think it is strange the R34 had a VR38-like sample to begin with, but the new sound actually sounds like a straight-six engine so I can't really complain.

1. No. I know what the wipers sound like. 2. Wipers cut out in the menus. What I'm hearing is present through the in-game world AND menus. I don't know. It's weird. Music drowns it out, though.
could be the strange noise you get when having 7 golds installed sometimes it doesn't stop when I leave the parts screen and go back on track

Is the Proto Alpha car better than the Red Bulls? It seems they do have a little advantage in the events.

I came back to this game lastly and i actually enjoing it very much. I feel that they reworked handling it feels great now. I hope that this game will regain popularity because it has huge potential.

EDIT. Am I the only one who thinks that Summit is addicting?

I came back to this game lastly and i actually enjoing it very much. I feel that they reworked handling it feels great now. I hope that this game will regain popularity because it has huge potential.

EDIT. Am I the only one who thinks that Summit is addicting?

The summit is exactly the sort of this game needed and has rekindled my love for The Crew 2. It plays out very similarly to FH4's Festival Playlist, but what matters is that the game delivers some incentive for me to revisit the game on (at least) a weekly basis. Hopefully people will stop calling TC2 a "dead game" now.

The other updates such as the physics, navigation line and sound improvements are the icing on the cake. Well done, Ubisoft/Ivory Tower! 👍

The summit is a nice addition, in this damn game only the police are missing according to me, it was a mistake to remove it completely from the first chapter, I understand that the theme/plot is different...

The summit is a nice addition, in this damn game only the police are missing according to me, it was a mistake to remove it completely from the first chapter, I understand that the theme/plot is different...

Unfortunately, I can't see police making a comeback as it totally contradicts with the Street Racing storyline.

However... The Crew 2 could implement something like Marked Man from Burnout Paradise - That offers similar thrills to a police chase! 💡

in this damn game only the police are missing according to me

There was that one quote about something else coming back as well - and nobody knows what that was referring to. For all we know, it could have been severely overhyping the return of the navigation ribbon, or it could refer to something that's yet to be added.

I don't think it's completely out of the picture just yet, though; there are plenty of PvP *and* PvE ways in which it could make a return. A properly balanced PvP Team Escape a la the online modes of Hot Pursuit 2010, a classic bust-these-racers-as-quickly-as-possible could be an interesting addition and something very different to just about anything the Summit has to offer.. there are options available. It doesn't *have* to involve you being an *actual* police officer.

As if on cue:

However... The Crew 2 could implement something like Marked Man from Burnout Paradise - That offers similar thrills to a police chase!

While that is true, all that really separates Marked Man from actually being a police chase is a few nee-nahs as fan service, and given what's been provided thus far, I see no reason why they'd stop short on this specific issue - especially considering:
  1. How they teased woo-woos in that one trailer I've-forgotten-the-name-of-it-but-it's-the-intro-thingy, and
  2. How popular a community request this is.
As for the whole Summit-is-the-best-thing-that's-ever-happened-to-TC2, I slightly disagree. It's alright, but that's about it. Summit events on their own isn't going to keep me coming back each and every day in search of that perfect exploit through that speed trap skill.

While that is true, all that really separates Marked Man from actually being a police chase is a few nee-nahs as fan service, and given what's been provided thus far, I see no reason why they'd stop short on this specific issue - especially considering:
  1. How they teased woo-woos in that one trailer I've-forgotten-the-name-of-it-but-it's-the-intro-thingy
It is both the Announcement and Opening trailer :)

Unfortunately, I can't see police making a comeback as it totally contradicts with the Street Racing storyline.

However... The Crew 2 could implement something like Marked Man from Burnout Paradise - That offers similar thrills to a police chase! 💡

They can make it as a separate racing class which will use streetrace cars and hypercars. They can even make a comeback of Street Race rival, he was always moaning about illegal races being better so why not another set of illegal races with boss race at the end?

EDIT: Did anyone noticed an AI bug in the longest race in hypercar events... It is extreamly easy on Ace difficulty. I don't know what happens but from the mountain highway section (middle of the race) I am starting to have extreme time advantage. I mean... I end race with 8 minutes of advantage. I once saw McLaren driving off road, i think they started getting confused somewhere. If you want easy money and fame metod (330k on Ace isn't bad) you can farm this race and check out if you also have this AI problem. They were pretty close before this patch, so something broke in this race...
Also be careful. When you get this huge advantage you will start loosing racing line and "gps guidance" but it is fairly easy to figure route by yourself.

Last edited:
I noticed I cant do any online races with any of the track based cars??

Why is like that?

It depends on what events are available in a playlist. Community Playlist from last weekend featured a few Touring Car/Alpha GP events which I took part in. You also need to rely on other participants in the lobby to vote for those events too.

If you select the street racing playlist, you are going to be restricted to road cars only.

Also be careful. When you get this huge advantage you will start loosing racing line and "gps guidance" but it is fairly easy to figure route by yourself.

That's been an issue since TC1
They still haven't fixed it.

I think because they are more "aggressive" they tend to make more mistakes.

Maybe but it looks strange. After this middle section of the race i gain +1 minutes of advantage every checkpoint (they keep close with me before this mountain highway). It looks like they are standing still somewhere.

Spent some cash and upgraded my drift car bonus and finally did a nice drift in the summit moved up to 537 spot and didn't use any underhand tactics ;).On the rally raid right near the end there a nice little shortcut so you can miss out some of the tight uphill s bends just look for a gap on the left and go through some barriers.

I just give a try on this game with the free WE opportunity, I haven't play the game since the open beta, and after almost one year, WAOUH ! I really love it, the physics have change, a lot of small things have been improve (sound, menu, graphics ?), with this huge price drop, I bought it !

It remind me No Man's Sky, bad or average at launch, way better or excellent one year later

This game remind me all the huge fun that I have with TDU !
LOVE IT

Has anyone else just started to have a glitch happen where after crashing a plane when it resets the power is cut off even though it still shows at full throttle? If not then I may have just broken the game

The RS5 is a bit OP in PvP (almost Bone Shaker status in Horizon). At least I'm getting closer to finally leveling up to Bronze 3 Rank.

Latest Posts

Back