The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
More of the Cars of TC2 where made by Kunos (some Cars of TC1 and TC2 are more or less the sames 3D models of Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione) so if only Ubi gets the license...

More of the Cars of TC2 where made by Kunos (some Cars of TC1 and TC2 are more or less the sames 3D models of Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione) so if only Ubi gets the license...

You got a source for that information? I've never heard of Kunos and Ubisoft work together. The Crew is made by the team behind Test Drive Unlimited.

You got a source for that information? I've never heard of Kunos and Ubisoft work together. The Crew is made by the team behind Test Drive Unlimited.
You can see Kunos name on both TC1 & TC2 end credits, they help Ivory on both games with some 3D vehicle models and cars like The Holy Trinity are the same 3D cars models that you can see on the first Assetto Corsa or the Acura NSX GT3 is the same Honda NSX GT3 3D model that you can Drive on Assetto Corsa Competizione.

But here another source:

https://www.mobygames.com/company/kunos-simulazioni-srl

So, went back and played some Test Drive Unlimited and it has the same driving animation that the new update for The Crew 2 has. Or pretty close, at least.

In the recent weeks, I have decided to play this game again and I still don't like how the vehicles control. Driving cars still feels awkward and boats especially are bad. I mean, if I am driving a power boat; it's typically fine since most races are in wide-open areas. With the Jetsprints however, driving on some of these courses are a complete nightmare. Mainly because on how I have to pull down the joystick to get the boat to speed up while also having to steer with the same joystick. It just doesn't feel comfortable and I end up frustrated and yelling.

Wow. I've now logged on to sample the new SR handling...and this game is pretty much toast. Instead of fixing the handling by improving oversteer control, did they seriously just decide to squash oversteer altogether? After already mucking with my favored RX category, which possessed fun and perfectly okay handling out of the box? The physics are no better now, not any more competent, just steamrolled -- muffling the dynamics it had before, wobbly or otherwise. :grumpy:

What a shame. At this point I might as well give TDU Platinum a second chance and put up with its wonky handling model in exchange for more cars that actually interest me compared to TC2's extreme 21st-century bias.

Other than that, I'd say the ball is in Kylotonn's court now...and I'm now suddenly extra relieved that SnowRunner is around the corner.

I don't think I'm seeing things in the same eye as everyone else; to be honest I think the new handling model is much better than the last one. It puts a lot of the cars in Street/Hypercar on a much more even playing field rather than being heavily skewed towards the meta, as well as making NOS actually useful again (prior to the update, NOS felt more like it just makes the cars wheelspin excessively rather than actually making your car faster).

And there's always launching off the ramps with NOS :)

I have fun with my Corvette sometimes...

I didn't expect to like air nitro as much as I do, I'm using ramps more than ever before! :D With this and some of the exuberant vanity items, TC2 is a game which doesn't take itself too seriously and it is becoming more appealing as a result.

Also, heads up to anyone waiting for the next free weekend:

I remembered that that I had TCS enabled (due to the aforementioned tendency for excessive wheelspin) and that I could force a reduction of grip in the settings, but playing with the tire grip sliders does not seem to produce desirable effects. The overall understeer/oversteer dynamics do not change significantly, and giving the front tires more grip than the rear only seems to make things more awkward.

If someone has figured out grip/etc. tuning settings to make the game handle more like it did before and could share those, I would appreciate it. For the record, I could not care less about PvP, Summits, or the competitive viability of nitro. I'm probably just barking up the wrong tree to continue playing this now.

I used to avoid the ramps in the Serial Jumpers event but now with the air nitrous in effect, this makes the event fun plus it's better to take the ramps now than before.

Also Serial Jumpers has become my new favorite event for anything in TC2.

Someone posted this in the subreddit yesterday but it got removed since it's against their rules, might as well repost it here.

eBKglPA.png

I also see...a Ram truck of some sort. I think the Rebel Ram.
Here’s the full list, bud :

Ford Fiesta WRC
Summit Special GT500
FC RX-7
????
Hummer HX
RAM Rebel TRX
Summit Special RX-8
Plymouth GTX
Summit Special GTX
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Summit Special Eclipse
Summit Special Huayra
Honda CBR TC????
KTM 1190 TC
BMW M8 Competition
Summit Special HuP One
BMW S1000RR TC
Ducati Panigale TC
Porsche 992 Carrera

and last but not least....

Renault Sport R.S. 01 (GT3)

Do you have some graphic bugs on the game since the last update ?
Like tinny flickering white lines on the dark areas ?
(I'am on a PS4 pro)

Here’s the full list, bud :

Ford Fiesta WRC
Summit Special GT500
FC RX-7
????
Hummer HX
RAM Rebel TRX
Summit Special RX-8
Plymouth GTX
Summit Special GTX
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Summit Special Eclipse
Summit Special Huayra
Honda CBR TC????
KTM 1190 TC
BMW M8 Competition
Summit Special HuP One
BMW S1000RR TC
Ducati Panigale TC
Porsche 992 Carrera

and last but not least....

Renault Sport R.S. 01 (GT3)
the Honda CBR Fireblade bike is in SR because of the yellow borders of that current screen, the other bikes have the blue borders, meaning they are in the Touring category, also I dont think those Plymouth, Eclipse and 2020 GT500 are actually summit editions, at least from what little I know of the leaks, apparently they are acquired some other way and I dont like the sound of that.

Back