The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Patch 1.6.1 Patch Notes (Released May 27th)

Detailed Article

An interesting aspect of Hobbies is highlighted in bold:

After a couple of months of tantalising in-game teasing, Hobbies are coming to The Crew® 2 Inner Drive on May 27!

This brand-new feature allows players to unlock exclusive rewards like emotes, avatar outfits or vehicles, by carrying out a range of thematic actions in-game. These actions are distributed across 3 main Hobbies: The Collector, The Explorer, and The Racer.

Completing actions will award you Stars towards the Hobby in question, and you can see how many Stars are needed for each reward on the left-hand side of the interface.

There are two different types of actions: Weekly and Lifetime. Weekly actions are time-limited and will rotate to provide regular variety in your Star-hunting. Lifetime actions are persistent - some will take into account your life-to-date achievements, others will start tallying when the Hobbies launch on May 27 (e.g. number of km, number of events…).

You can access the Hobbies tab directly through the main menu, and also pin specific actions you wish to track in the same way as Contracts.

Some of the hobbies will be time-limited and will only start tallying within a certain time period. As with any time-limited feature in a game, it is bound to divide opinion, but at least it is another draw to play the game regularly, alongside The Summit and Contracts.

If I am reading it right over on the crew2 forum the summit goes live then you get a few hours before they shut down and nerf the air nitro and guess what serial jumpers is in the mix again grrrrrrrrr

Beetle
Kombi
draXter
yz450f

DeLorean teased in menu

Sorry but what does tts mean?

In other news, on the PS4, update was 19.646gb before the system update completed and 17.8gb afterwards ? :irked:

I dread to think how long the copying process will take :lol:

Other than that, I'm looking forward to get at all this new content :D

i've been trying on the miami racetrack so space isn't the issue, i can usually do stretches of 125m but taht's as fas as i go

p78
i've been trying on the miami racetrack so space isn't the issue, i can usually do stretches of 125m but taht's as fas as i go

It seems like everyone has the same 5 weekly challenges to complete? Can others confirm this is the case?

I thought they might be random like with the contracts, but maybe they're actually predetermined/pre programmed like with the Summits.

I dont have enough funds for the bikes yet, so haven't got any of the 5 weekly challenges. Yet.

When you get one, does it add to your collection of Stars in Collector/Explorer/Racer? The reason I ask - some of the challenges I can never get (as I dont have PS Plus for Live Battle), but if the weekly challenges contribute, eventually I can still get to the required Stars for the car, although it will take longer of course.

The farthest I could get is 350/548 yards at the Little Eagle Speedway. I have no idea how anyone is able to hold on to a wheelie that long.

It seems like everyone has the same 5 weekly challenges to complete? Can others confirm this is the case?

I thought they might be random like with the contracts, but maybe they're actually predetermined/pre programmed like with the Summits.

I dont have enough funds for the bikes yet, so haven't got any of the 5 weekly challenges. Yet.

When you get one, does it add to your collection of Stars in Collector/Explorer/Racer? The reason I ask - some of the challenges I can never get (as I dont have PS Plus for Live Battle), but if the weekly challenges contribute, eventually I can still get to the required Stars for the car, although it will take longer of course.
Yes, they add on to your current collection. And even if you can't get them done in the week, you can still find them there.

Does anyone have any hints for boat races??? I can't seem to win them even when my performance points are way above suggested.

You basically need to spend the entire race trimming back on the steering to raise the nose of the boat from the water. Drag left stick down.

Not hugely ergonomical

You basically need to spend the entire race trimming back on the steering to raise the nose of the boat from the water. Drag left stick down.

Not hugely ergonomical

This is the most annoying thing about Jetsprint races. It is bad enough you have to drag the left stick down, but the majority of events require precise direction changes to get the best time.

It would be so much better if you could just assigned a button for it. Speed boats are manageable but Jetsprint...
What frustrates me about this is that the PC version has full keybind remapping support ingame as an actual menu meanwhile the console versions cant access this same menu, instead being presented with a goddamn image of the default controls. Furthermore, the console level OS rebinding (at least on PS4) isnt anywhere near thorough enough to actually change the inputs to what is needed to make this easier for Boat players, i mean it should be L1/R1 to trim because the boats dont have gears but nooooo, forced it on the analog stick.

I would LOVE to play Jetsprint/Powerboat/bikes more but having to lean forward/backward on the stick constantly makes it harder for me to enjoy them any more than my thumbs will allow :lol:

The farthest I could get is 350/548 yards at the Little Eagle Speedway. I have no idea how anyone is able to hold on to a wheelie that long.

Yes, they add on to your current collection. And even if you can't get them done in the week, you can still find them there.

:cheers: So, after this week they effectively become new lifetime challenges and a new set of challenges are added each week? If that's the case, getting the Stars needed for the cars will get slightly easier as time goes by. All seems well planned to keep you playing going forward 👍

Does anyone have any hints for boat races??? I can't seem to win them even when my performance points are way above suggested.

I use the wheel for driving the cars, took me a while to realise I wasnt going to win in the boats without joysticks... :dunce:. As said elsewhere, the controls are too awkward to enjoy playing the boats for long. My left thumb is very unhappy with the game...

On the new Challenges, it's been a bit humorous/silly this first week as new Stars seem to pop up for everything (I think I got a Star for farting but I'm not sure :lol:).

Actually they are also somewhat distracting when they pop up during a race. But that will change as we get used to the notifications and as they get rarer when we get down to the harder to achieve ones.

:cheers: So, after this week they effectively become new lifetime challenges and a new set of challenges are added each week? If that's the case, getting the Stars needed for the cars will get slightly easier as time goes by. All seems well planned to keep you playing going forward 👍
All challenges are already available. They just pick a couple to act as weekly challenges so you can get them done quicker. So, once this week's challenges are done, they'll pick another group from the list.

And another thing, you don't need to complete all challenges to unlock the cars.

All challenges are already available. They just pick a couple to act as weekly challenges so you can get them done quicker. So, once this week's challenges are done, they'll pick another group from the list.

And another thing, you don't need to complete all challenges to unlock the cars.

Cool. Many thanks for the explanations. :cheers:

I use the wheel for driving the cars, took me a while to realise I wasnt going to win in the boats without joysticks... :dunce:. As said elsewhere, the controls are too awkward to enjoy playing the boats for long. My left thumb is very unhappy with the game...

On the new Challenges, it's been a bit humorous/silly this first week as new Stars seem to pop up for everything (I think I got a Star for farting but I'm not sure :lol:).

Actually they are also somewhat distracting when they pop up during a race. But that will change as we get used to the notifications and as they get rarer when we get down to the harder to achieve ones.
That is strange dude I use the wheel and it makes it so easy to trim and drive at the same time I am normally miles ahead in jet sprints I do run with low degree of rotation on my wheel though and yeh my thumb hurts after a few races the Dpad on the t300 has some sharp edges you don't notice until your holding it down for 5 mins

I managed to get the radio listening Hobbies in today. I actually had the volume to low so I can watch the Space X launch :)

Just go to the Little Eagle Speedway. It's about 3 miles long and take roughly 40 seconds to complete a lap.

The rides I used are the Koenigsegg Drift, Harley Street Glide and the Proto X.

Now I need to do the Country Offroad Hobby...

Back