The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Unfortunately I'm not a fan for doing races all over again just to fill hobbies stars.

They should've accounted all driving progress I have done before the hobbies update. Doing it again is just a massive waste of time.

Unfortunately I'm not a fan for doing races all over again just to fill hobbies stars.

They should've accounted all driving progress I have done before the hobbies update. Doing it again is just a massive waste of time.
They did account for the collection hobbies, don't know why they didn't for the races/skills.

Had another Little Eagle track day, this time I'm trying to knock out the car types, starting with driving 621 miles using the Classics. I even did some laps with one of the Crew Discord moderators :)

Only got to 400 miles today and probably will have a break from Hobbies for a while. I even improved my Summit rank a bit, so now I'm sitting at a more comfortable 1400.

Arrghhaaa the annoying thing about this weeks summit is i get the wheel out set it up turn on the ps4 then have to use the sodding pad most the night driving bikes 🤬 it does seem the closest summit yet though only me and 1 other buddy is plat this week normally its 7/8 and it looks like its the first summit he will out score me. Oh the shame he has never watched a motor race in his life and a racing line eh ? what's that then:dunce: i did do some hobbies that made me lol in street racing pvp ghost mode i "overtook " some cars without colliding woot i'm the king :bowdown:

I'm still getting Hobbies stars popping up regularly just playing the game normally. Don't see any point in chasing Hobby stars just yet to be honest. I'll look more carefully at them when they've been trimmed down and fewer left to be done.

Have now completed all Hypercar races on Ace level, got the "New York drive" stars for that.

Just completed the Drag Races on Hard level. Find them extremely tedious... Got some stars though for completing an event with nothing but perfect starts and gear changes.

Just got the cash back up to 1.2m, so I'll be able to buy the 3 new bikes and run the summit events and weekly awards during my next play session. 👍

I'm thinking about making streams of me doing these mileage Hobbies, since they'll take a while to finish.

I thought I'd look at the Hobbies while working through the Bikes summit. Got some weird ass stuff popping up for all 3 categories (on the PS4 in the UK).

Is it the same for other people? :boggled:

And what language is that...? :crazy: it looks like it might be Latin? :eek:

As you can see, the stats are correct, but every "Hobby" has the same name and description... :lol:

20200602_234044.jpg

I thought I'd look at the Hobbies while working through the Bikes summit. Got some weird ass stuff popping up for all 3 categories (on the PS4 in the UK).

Is it the same for other people? :boggled:

And what language is that...? :crazy: it looks like it might be Latin? :eek:

As you can see, the stats are correct, but every "Hobby" has the same name and description... :lol:

View attachment 926906
Yeah, sometimes the names and descriptions bug out. Lorem ipsum is normally used as placeholder text. Had that happen to me the first day, but haven't gotten it since.

And I think I'm good with this week's Summit, finishing at 2454. I also just finished the 20th Century Box and Both Beauty and Beast Hobbies tonight and working on The Grand Tour. Just need to pick a fun little GT car...

I'm still blown away that you're still in the game world even when you're in your house. I always thought that they were separate.

This weeks summit seems even worse than last weeks wtf are the point of checkpoints they might as well make the races point 2 point events.

Played the game long enough now to have some thoughts:

Things that I don't like:

1) Limited number of tracks/circuits for some modes e.g. the Pro Racing events, meaning the same bits of track keep appearing in races. Even with the alternate layouts there are parts of tracks that show up a lot, that multiple chicane turns up both ways. I know its the same map as the last game, mostly, but with such a huge map area, you would think they could have added more tracks somewhere.

2) i haven't completed some modes yet, but outside of the Street Racing events, all the modes i've done so far seem to only have around 9 races/events. Which means having to rerun the same races/events all the time to level up.

Plus, when I get a new vehicle, I like to run it through the available races/events for that mode. Of course, theres the freeroam aspect to enjoy for a new vehicle as well though.

Applies to Touring Car, Alpha, Drag mode, even Hypercar could be expanded.

3) Variable difficulty between different modes and even in races within modes. I'm winning Alpha car events by 30 seconds with underpowered cars. Whereas, there are 2 Touring Car races where, on Ace difficulty, it seems like Scott has almost infinite Nitro and I can't keep up...

4) Grinding for Bucks. It does seem a bit too slow to accumulate cash unless you're going to rerun an event over and over which gets tedious quickly and which I don't do in any driving game.

However, that's made a bit less irritating by number 1 below...

Things I do like:

1) The sheer variety of modes and vehicles. Some modes are better than others of course, depending on preferences. I've not done any flying yet and don't plan to spend long on the flying modes, plus I'm useless at drifting in any game...

But in this game it doesn't really matter. Because there is so much else to play with. Obvious I'm a fan of driving games otherwise I wouldn't be here, but I've enjoyed the powerboats too, I love how the wake from other boats and ocean waves impact them and add another level of tactics to the races. Which is why again it's a pity that there aren't more of them.

2) The quantity of vehicles. I know there is a certain amount of "duplicate-itis" e.g. having Drag, Drift and Street versions of the same car. But even so, what is it 360 vehicles now in total? Allowing for duplicates, how many separate vehicles are there - it must still be around 300 which is substantial and comparable to GT Sport as it is now for example. More than in the Project Cars games...

3) The vehicles included. By that I mean the fact there is F1 Red Bull, various Koenigseggs, classics like the Merc and the 240Z, a good selection of Ferraris and Lamborghinis, Aston, Mini, TVR, Harley Davidson, the new Shelby Mustang 2020, JDM favourites like the newly added Mitsubishi Eclipse etc. Obviously, that's a very subjective point, but to me they have a broad mix and a relatively up to date one too.

4) The handling. I've been impressed by the general handling model, which is not easy to achieve when you consider the variations involved. The differences when moving between Street Racing, Bikes, Alpha, Rally Raid, Powerboats and so on are substantial but I've never felt an issue with the handling I've encountered so far. If I have a gripe here, it's just that when the cars are maxed out (especially the Street Racing), all cars seem to handle the same... In fact, the natural variation in handling from e.g. the 1968 Dodge to the 2020 Shelby is only really noticeable if you drive the car without it being specced up.

5) The map, dynamic time of day and weather. Obviously these were in the first game as well, but that doesn't make them any less impressive to me.

Wow, that turned into a long post....... :eek::eek:

Nice read I feel just about the same as you Jim if you do have to grind don't forget to move the driver points about every little helps ;) and I know what you mean about the cars when maxed I found that in games like GT as well they end up feeling the same just the basic drive feels comes through 4x4/rwd/fwd etc oh and get the 1414 power boat its so heavy wakes don't effect it erm mostly :)

Nice read I feel just about the same as you Jim if you do have to grind don't forget to move the driver points about every little helps ;) and I know what you mean about the cars when maxed I found that in games like GT as well they end up feeling the same just the basic drive feels comes through 4x4/rwd/fwd etc oh and get the 1414 power boat its so heavy wakes don't effect it erm mostly :)
I think the Aeroboat is heavier. It has laughable understeer.

Went back to using 1080p last night and after 3 days trying the summit in 4k and in every race gained 4/6secs easy and in the touring car race I was having a tight battle with my buddy .003 split us after 3 nights trying and first try in 1080p mode 6secs gained cant wait to see his face lol :)

Ok so Drag Races. I have a Corvette at 348, all of the rest of the drag races are a suggested 340. Even with perfect shifts/perfect burns I am still a half second off. Could there be something I am missing or should I just grind for better parts???

Edit: I kept grinding and the gap is closing pretty fast so I found my answer.

Last edited:
Ok so Drag Races. I have a Corvette at 348, all of the rest of the drag races are a suggested 340. Even with perfect shifts/perfect burns I am still a half second off. Could there be something I am missing or should I just grind for better parts???

Edit: I kept grinding and the gap is closing pretty fast so I found my answer.
Most of the time, Good Shifts are better than Perfect ones. You can scrape a few tenths/hundredths off.

And here's June:
tc2_inner_drive_infographic_june_362392.jpg

I'm curious about that Ubisoft horn for the 2nd Anniversary Summit...

Most of the time, Good Shifts are better than Perfect ones. You can scrape a few tenths/hundredths off.

And here's June:

Is there a faster way to get upgrades than to grind???

Other than getting lucky with the crates and putting all your points on Goldfinger (you actually have a better chance getting better parts if this is higher than Lucky), I'm afraid not...

Last edited:
If you aren't already doing this, make sure you aren't launching from max RPM. Mash the throttle just as the race starts instead. And as mentioned above, slightly short-shifting also helps.

And here's June:

I'm wondering what will be in the "next update reveal" on 24 June. No sign of them slowing down with content... 👍

Back