The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
I love the lighting effect on the race. I also like how they're starting to integrate more "life" into the races with the tanker on fire.
View attachment 950757

I'm glad you posted this. Took me a while to spot this, would have been even longer if I wasnt looking out for it!

And @FOG-Smokebeer re your post on controls. I tried resetting to "Precise" setting from the custom settings recommended previously (with low linearity) and had same result with the wheel. A lot harder to get the back out in Street race now.

I've played the game a lot more now so it might just be placebo effect, but it *feels* like something has changed but I can't put my finger on what as it's only really noticeable at the edges. I use a T150 wheel.

I wonder if something changed with the last big patch (which was ?July)?

EDIT I wondered, is the first game still supported or not, in terms of e.g. Summits (not new content but recycled)? Thought occurred to me as I wondered how long they will support the current game... might depend on how far away The Crew 3 is?

I guess every car added to The Crew 2 is likely going to be in the next game, so the effort there will easily roll over. But the effort on adding races, mood events and such onto the current map is to some extent not transferable to the next game.

A hope from me - when they do eventually cease support, I hope they dont shut off servers straight away(!)

And a suggestion to Ivory Tower...

What would be good would be to add the "dead" Summit events that aren't going to be reused, into the main game modes. Especially in the modes outside of Street Race where there are only 9 to choose from. Especially the ones with cross modes, e.g. this week's Beetle race on the Touring Car track.

Last edited:
Yeh m8 it seems every patch the wheel needs another tweak I had to lower the deg of rotation again that other settings made the F1 cars undrivable

The Crew®2 wheel.jpg

pics wrong it should be set to 360deg

And the crew 1 is still going :)

Last edited:
Yeh m8 it seems every patch the wheel needs another tweak I had to lower the deg of rotation again that other settings made the F1 cars undrivable

View attachment 951917
pics wrong it should be set to 360deg

And the crew 1 is still going :)

I'll have to boot up the first game sometime and compare. :cheers:

I remember playing it to death for a good while, especially after the graphics upgrade. Not sure if I grabbed all the cars though.

To those of you out there enjoying the game, I don't play online and dont have PS+ but it's good to have times to beat in the friends list :sly: , so send me a FR if you wish cutback73

I can't wait to get the new 80's cars tomorrow. Very curious about the customization on the DeLorean. Not holding my breath for BTTF stuff, though.

I can't wait to get the new 80's cars tomorrow. Very curious about the customization on the DeLorean. Not holding my breath for BTTF stuff, though.
EH? what 80's pfff you losers are soooo last week I just got a PSVR headset its the wave of the future baby ! :lol: this game would be great fun in vr shame they have no plans so I been forced to dust off GTS and dirt 1. GTS is very good but dirt makes me want to barf :crazy:

i quickly checked it this morning before work, i need 400K, so small grind ahead before i get these cars.

i've been grinding for legendary and got the extra points and extra boost unlocked for Rally Raid, this is gonna help me in future Summits, so far i haven't been able to score platinum.
due to lack of effort and skill (ps4)

Very satisfied with the cars. The Delorean Rad Edition is the one that impressed me the most.

I also like the customization for the normal Delorean. The 512TR did its job and the Trans Am is alright.

That DeLorean RAD race is fun. There's a hard left right at 54% that confused me first time around though :lol:

Also, the neon flashing at high speed on the freeway at the end of the race is a bit dazzling till you get used to it.

Have completed the Miami Ride so Street Race section is back up to 100% (again! :scared:).

I also blew 20k on a pink Cadillac :lol:. That Eldorado at Coral Gables needs a little care on corners otherwise that humongous rear end can slip out. When it's side on, it looks a bit like a boat is coming towards you :lol:

Should have enough credits for Crockett and Tubbs tomorrow and then Michael Knight :D

p78
You should try to buy bundles. Saves you money

I do when I can. Last week I bought the 1.1m bundle for the 70s.

But i dont play often enough to get ahead on credits. Which means grinding heavy this week into the weekend :guilty:

Also, I'll admit I'm a bit impatient to drive the new cars :D

Next week i see the Alpha Mark II is needed - mega bucks :irked:

I tried to get back to The Crew 2 yesterday... And struggle to have fun with it... I just can't get used to driving model do you guys have some advice how to make it more drivable? Do you change some advance settings in cars or something? I just feel like huge understeer.

I got heavily side tracked by COD WWII multiplayer, so i've been spending all the money saved up. But yeah i also had to buy last weeks bundle.
But i'm up to 1.3m again, 3 races away from picking up the bundle.

Like i said earlier i'm grinding for Legendary parts.
Needed Air time while in Rally Raid, so did ton's of Big Dune event, with my Bonus that's 25K every run. It's also good for the 'drive off road in events' and using the older vehicles you even get 'classic car'
Stumbled across a 2x loot full set while doing TC legendary. And now they are dropping like mad. Doing it in the Porsche Baby, fun to drive, but you have got to get used to it. Staying ahead and drive clean are dropping too in those races. Also i should check if doubling a car counts as passing?

@MroczMR use the excel sheet that was posted earlier in this thread, helped me loads.

Sooo, I play with a controller rather than a wheel, so what I say here may not be applicable.

Firstly, New York isn't actually the best cash grinding event. That honor goes to the Uber Dam event. Main Highlands Cave is also a solid event to grind cash. If your JetSprint boat is at max rank and you run the race at ACE difficulty, you can potentially make a minimum of $18.9k every 90 seconds.

Secondly, The Crew 2 subreddit/Discord server has put together this spreadsheet of user-made vehicle tunes. It has some solid Hypercar tunes (as well as tunes for almost every other vehicle) so I'd recommend starting there. Generally speaking, I prefer to use the tunes created by Akorr, as his tunes tend to focus on overall maneuverability, but lack some stability depending on the car. I've found that most cars in TC2 tend to be biased towards understeer, so his tunes help a lot.

For Hypercars, My general rule was one of "the faster I go, the slower my steering has to be." Once you get past 240 mph or so, you really need to be somewhat slow and deliberate with your steering inputs. Trying to change direction too many times at speed can unsettle the car and cause it to fishtail. You also want to make an effort to look ahead into the horizon as well. The game will generally spawn traffic cars far enough ahead to where you should be able to see them coming on a flat road, so try and watch the traffic patterns. Instead of trying to dart between traffic cars, get on the shoulder when possible, etc. Hypercars can also get on two wheels rather easily, so be mindful of that. In those scenarios, try to lower throttle a bit. Sometimes it helps, sometimes you'll still go for a ride.

As far as dealing with the New York race (I'm assuming you're still on the Normal difficulty?), what I did was complete every other race get my Hypercar to 320 before giving that event a real go. Because of the performance discrepancy between yourself and the AI, chances are that on Normal and Hard difficulty you'll pull away rather quickly from the opposition. This may result in a bit of a boring race, but at the very least you'll be able to get a hang of the route without too much chance of the AI catching up to you. Give it a run or two, and once you get a hang for it try it on a higher difficulty. If you're able to get your speed up quickly, keep it clean and build some space, you'll eventually get to a point where the game stops rubber-banding the AI. Whenever I do New York on ACE, I usually finish at least 2 minutes ahead of the next car.

What car(s) are you using and what's their performance rating? If you're at least Icon 1 and can put the cash and cars together, I recommend giving this weeks Live Summit a go. The platinum prize is a full set of Hypercar parts with affixes to get double loot that's also of higher quality. Car parts from Live Summit prizes (not the individual races in the Summit) will be at max rank for their category. When using the full set, any loot parts from events will be doubled in quantity, and have the best-possible chance of being higher-quality parts (Depending on the difficulty). These loot parts will also be at rank 320, making it easier to build up any other Hypercars you own. Since there isn't a car up for grabs this week, chances are that the competition will be a lot less intense, too.

Hope my wall of text helped!

I tried to get back to The Crew 2 yesterday... And struggle to have fun with it... I just can't get used to driving model do you guys have some advice how to make it more drivable? Do you change some advance settings in cars or something? I just feel like huge understeer.

Spreadsheet link is above @MroczMR

Finished my Summit run this morning. The 512 is solid, but tail happy at times. The Firebird is a boat, but fast :)

It'll probably take a while for me to get used to them.

Having just come back to the game earlier this month, after a loooooong absence, i am finding it hard to "keep up" with the summit events. This is not my main game so i just can't get my credits up fast enough to be able to buy the cars for the events. Question about the bundles, what if you already have one or more of the cars in it. I have not bought the bundles for the last two events cuse i had one or two of the cars already...

Having just come back to the game earlier this month, after a loooooong absence, i am finding it hard to "keep up" with the summit events. This is not my main game so i just can't get my credits up fast enough to be able to buy the cars for the events. Question about the bundles, what if you already have one or more of the cars in it. I have not bought the bundles for the last two events cuse i had one or two of the cars already...
If you already have one or more of the cars in the bundle, the cost will be based off the remaining ones. Good way to get discounts in a way.

Question about the bundles, what if you already have one or more of the cars in it. I have not bought the bundles for the last two events cuse i had one or two of the cars already..
The game will automatically deduct the discounted price appropriate to the car you're already own.

For example: A F40 LM which (for example, so don't correct me) 750.000 credits. A bundle that has the car is fully priced 2.000.000 credits with a discount of 40%.

F40 LM with 40% discount: 750.000 X (100-40)% = 450.000 credits

If you already own one, that means the bundle price becomes: 2.000.000 - 450.000 = 1.550.000 credits.

Meaning that you only need to pay 1.550.000 credits for the remaining car in that bundle.

Also side note if you get another F40 LM as a reward car, the game automatically converts that into credits. So you'll automatically gets 750.000 credits as a replacement reward.

Very effective and really thoughtful of a game it is.

Just a little silly you have to pay the full amount then get a refund some times I have nearly all the cars in the bundle but still cant afford it.

Yeh I just swear I remember going to buy a car on its own that would have cost most my money but it was also in a bundle of cars I already had but cost more than I had in the bank so I went to get my 20% off but could not click to buy the bundle even though I only need 1 in 4 of the cars that I know I could afford on its own. But its been 2 years and a lot of beer has passed through my glass 💡

Well i just did a test and you guys are right I only needed the old merc in the bundle and it was going for 280k I think so not sure what happened to me before what stopped me getting that bundle. NOT that i admit to being wrong this is the internet after all the game sucks and must be broke and you ivt shills need to git good 🤬:cheers:

Back