The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
As the game was 80% off again, I've now purchased it for my Series S (previously played it on PS4). Even without an official upgrade, the loading times for events are much better.

With the Hobbies and events added through the seasons this now feels a much more complete game. And the delivery missions (when were they added?) combine with the Hobbies to finally give a reason to use the map and not just fast travel everywhere. Still hate the flying events though...

Last edited:
I’m worried about how this game runs on PC if it can’t even hold a stable 60fps at 720p on a PlayStation 5. Why’s it even running at such a low resolution anyway? I get that the PS5 lacks native 1440p support but at the very least use some Dynamic Resolution Scaling ffs

As the game was 80% off again, I've now purchased it for my Series S (previously played it on PS4). Even without an official upgrade, the loading times for events are much better.

With the Hobbies and events added through the seasons this now feels a much more complete game. And the delivery missions (when were they added?) combine with the Hobbies to finally give a reason to use the map and not just fast travel everywhere. Still hate the flying events though...
Contractor Missions were added in Season 3 I believe. They're pretty fun to do (especially the Off-Road ones) and can give you decent rewards.

I’m worried about how this game runs on PC if it can’t even hold a stable 60fps at 720p on a PlayStation 5. Why’s it even running at such a low resolution anyway? I get that the PS5 lacks native 1440p support but at the very least use some Dynamic Resolution Scaling ffs
Runs a lot better on PC.

I’m worried about how this game runs on PC if it can’t even hold a stable 60fps at 720p on a PlayStation 5.
My RTX 2080Super runs it on max setting at 4K just fine while maintaining a fairly stable 60FPS.
I usually drop the Resolution Scale setting down 1 notch for an optimally stable framerate with fewer drops below 60.
Unfortunately the game is also capped at 60FPS on PC, so it can't take proper advantage of my 4K144Hz monitor.

I can see her now:
8b721fed6c97f3d830216cdf4dbcbb91.jpg

I see they have the Crew 2 special edition on sale for 11.99 on the PS Store. Is it worth it? I am leaning towards because TBH outside of Super Street the game I haven't come across many racing games I don' t enjoy

kjb
Is it worth it
If you like that type of arcade races. Jack of all trades, master of none. Handling is grip focused, similar to Underground series. Visuals are ok. Vehicle roster is big enough. Constant content drops.

If you like that type of arcade races. Jack of all trades, master of none. Handling is grip focused, similar to Underground series. Visuals are ok. Vehicle roster is big enough. Constant content drops.
Thanks it seems like it might be up my alley.

kjb
I see they have the Crew 2 special edition on sale for 11.99 on the PS Store. Is it worth it? I am leaning towards because TBH outside of Super Street the game I haven't come across many racing games I don' t enjoy
If I'm not mistaken you have a free trial or demo in the Store to test the game for a couple of hours.

I downloaded this game yesterday to try it out only to find out you need a ubisoft account to even play it. 😕

Long story short i didnt even get pass the title screen before deleting it :lol: Im to lazy to make a ubi account.

I finally played last night and it was fun. I don't care for flying it boats right now but maybe after getting some more time with them my opinion will change

kjb
I finally played last night and it was fun. I don't care for flying it boats right now but maybe after getting some more time with them my opinion will change
Air racing is actually fun if you get fully upgraded plane. I like to make some laps from time to time in P-51 mustang strega.

The Reventon is such an awesome addition! I put on a good old Gumball livery and guilded her up:
Pic_20221025_195712_3840x2160.jpeg

Last edited:
Came back to this after 2 years away from it,so first off a 40 gb update much better game,really enjoying just seeing the map doing the contract missions,looks way better on the series x and plays great with a wheel,good vehicle roster as well,loving it

Last edited:
Came back to this after 2 years away from it,so first off a 40 gb update much better game,really enjoying just seeing the map doing the contract missions,looks way better on the series x and plays great with a wheel,good vehicle roster as well,loving it
They did repaired wheel support? Last time I played (2 years ago?) there was nearly no force feedback...

Looks like they're taking a page out of Forza's books, as it sounds like they're adding more extreme weather.

New Motorflix Season starts this Wednesday (November 16th)

S7E1_Content_Recap_Infographic.jpg

Quality of Life Improvements, including a fix for the 60fps option on PS5 and the introduction of 60fps on the Series S

Are these seasons here to stay or is it like only a few weeks ? I think I'm going to buy this game because these events seems fun but I don't know if they're permanent.

Back