The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Are these seasons here to stay or is it like only a few weeks ? I think I'm going to buy this game because these events seems fun but I don't know if they're permanent.
1) New events and cars in shop will stay
2) Motorpass and Summits will go after 2month/1week

What's Motorpass
Battlepass for Crew. Progression system with rewards for each level, resetting every 2 months.
Weakly set of activities. Every activity have scoring system, sum of you scores reflecting you possition in ladder. There are 4 tiers, every with its own reward.

Some activities have twists - different class restriction, different weather or car restriction.

Last edited:
Is the best way to grind for the currency to buy the motorpasses still the Hoover Dam powerboat race with the money perks? I've barely played in the last year but I might come back if the grind isn't too long.

Is the best way to grind for the currency to buy the motorpasses still the Hoover Dam powerboat race with the money perks? I've barely played in the last year but I might come back if the grind isn't too long.
Nope, fastest way is first police mission in RX(easy difficulty). With +70% bonus its around 25k per minute including reloads.

Last edited:
I'd like to think that Roxanne from TC1 is the mysterious caller. She does use the same voice changer and it looks like the phone is being hacked...

You would not need to grind for a while they added plenty of events since you last played same thing for me what was annoying was tracking down what cars all the perks were on 🤷‍♂️

So I tried to play again for the first time in awhile today and already have 3.7 million B but the only option I see for purchasing a motorpass is the current one. I went to each of the motorflix events and even went to a specific motorpass exclusive vehicle I want and was unable to buy anything. After playing mainly GT7 for over half a year that makes it a bit too easy to show where to buy things (with real or in game currency) it is weird to play a modern game seem to hide it. I like some of the events that are new to me but I tried what I thought was an easy story mission and got through what I thought was the final objective and it showed the second to last objective completed in the menu with no way of selecting it again but still gray while driving therefore it wouldn't let the last objective become green/complete so I was basically softlocked. I'm just going to stick to straightforward things like what is in the Summit and probably not get too invested back into the game. The last thing I did when I played more was unlock the Plymouth Road Runner from the Hobbies so so I already have enough to keep me occupied for liveries, photos or whatever for a bit.

So, I just bought the Gold Edition real cheap for Xbox and after realizing that it is not FH (on the car side) I'm really having a great time, with so much things to do!
Since I'm just starting, does anybody has a good money-making method?

Get the Escalade Enforcer & do the Rallycross Hunt events on Normal. You'll be able to clear them in under a minute & the cash will come rolling in. It also helps that the Escalade Enforcer is, for some reason, one of the best Rallycross cars in the game.

I too have brought the Gold edition cheap for Xbox and really enjoying it. Especially just cruising around the map. It’s quite relaxing . In some ways it feels like the spiritual successor to TDU2. Good soundtrack too.

I just bought the standard edition for PC for £8 in the Steam sale, and have been really enjoying it. I did the SR Dominion Forsberg #3 over and over again till I had all my parts at 280, it was good fun getting a bit faster each time.

I'd like to get platinum in this week's summit to get the M8 performance edition, as I liked how it drove in the event you have to use it for. But two of the events need specific cars, so I need credits to get those. I realised I'm not scoring as high for the speed trap as I would with a TC car, so I'm doing one of the TC Dominion Forsberg events to get my one TC car up to 320, and that should also get me enough credits to get the car bundle. Not sure I'll be fast enough to get platinum even with all that, as I don't have enough icon points to max out the performance enhancements those give you. I got around 2500th for one of them, so if I can do that for all of them I should be top 4000 overall.

The game is a bit "play to win" in terms of giving you a competitive equipment advantage for spending hours playing the game, which I'm generally not keen on, but at the same time it does provide progression and rewards you for spending that time.

It's a bit weird that the game is locked at a max of 60fps, but with a 3060Ti I'm able to hold a solid 60fps with it at the highest resolution, which oddly is a bit short of 4k.

Overall, I bought it not expecting much, but am liking it much much more than I expected.

For Speed Traps, Drag Race cars are the go-to. The Corvette is the meta, so I'd go for that.
Thanks! I got that, did some grinding for parts, and am now around 4000th for the speed trap. I've got into the top 4000 overall, but the next thing I need is a better aeroplane, or I won't still be there at the end.

I got into the top 200 for the Summit event with the M8, but the difference in points between 4000th and 200th is quite small, whereas the difference in points between 8000th and 4000th is huge, so I can see that getting platinum is all about making your worst event as good as possible. So I still need to grind some upgrades to my plane, as I'm a second or two short of reaching the finish and down around 8000th for that.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why I've done so much better on the event where everyone has the same car vs the unrestricted events with affixes, as I thought I had got myself a decent set of affixes. I've got a nitro chemist set with extra pump close to 70%, some other nitro regeneration bonuses, some bulldozer. But for the final call event, my best is 20 secs off the top time over just 2.5 minutes, whereas for the M8 event I was more like 10 secs off the top time over 4.5 minutes. Maybe there's a cut that saves a lot of time, I'll have to look at some top performances on YouTube. I was wondering, does muddy help with normal street race events when you go across grass? It's just a bit strange how it has offroad in orange capitals, like it only applies to a special type of event. I'm also thinking that maybe more nitro regeneration during jumps might help for that specific event. I guess if I watch a top performance I'll be able to see how much regen is happening in the air for them. I haven't seen anyone yet show the set of affixes they're using.

Another thing I was wondering is if you use the pure affix, does the extra power make it use up the nitro quicker, or do you effectively get more total propulsion by getting more power for the same amount of time? I haven't generally been picking pure, as I figured that more regeneration gives you more nitro in total over the race, but if it doesn't use it up faster, pure would also give more total propulsion over the race, so maybe I should have been attaching more importance to it.

One last thing, I watched someone do the speed trap on YouTube, and they used the same car as me, but my problem is wheelspin, even at 200kph the car is struggling for traction. They seemed to have perfect grip at 200kph. When I do a drag event, the car has no problem with grip at 200kph. The YouTuber was doing it with someone else, so they had drafting, so I guess less resistance means less of a grip problem, but I also wondered if maybe the weather was making a difference, so perhaps I just need to wait for randomly better conditions?

Edit: I probably should have searched on YouTube for the best street race affixes before spinning all my nitro chemist parts! This guy seems to favour pure and frenetic over extra pump:

Last edited:
These are the recommended affixes for all Disciplines according to The Crew discord:

🧪 Nitro Chemist
SR (car): Pure and Extra Pump
SR (bike): Bender (7x), Pure (4x) and Extra Pump (3x)
HC: Pure and Extra Pump
DR: Pure and Frenetic
DF (drift event): Slippery and Hothead
DF (crossover race): Pure (7x), Drifty (4x) and Extra Pump (3x)

TC (car): Pure and Extra Pump
TC (bike): Bender (7x), Pure (4x) and Extra Pump (3x)
A: Pure and Extra Pump
PB: Pure and Extra Pump
AR: Pure and Gateway

RR (car): Pure and Extra Pump
RR (bike): Bender (7x), Pure (4x) and Extra Pump (3x)
RX: Pure and Extra Pump
MX: Pure and Ventilated
HT: Pure and Drifty

JS: Pure and Extra Pump
MT (truck arena): Graceful and Gifted
MT (races): Pure and Extra Pump
AB: Magnificent and Extreme Mode
DD (derby arena): Pure and Bulldozer
DD (race): Pure and Extra Pump

🌟 The Live Reward Sniffer Set: Collector and Sensor (This set is best suited on AR)

📦 Loot Digger Set: Goldfinder (7x) and Rich or Popular (the effect of Lucky is little to none)

🎯 Scorebreaker Set: Skilled (7x), Pure (4x) and Extra Pump (3x)

🧲 Fame Magnet Set: Popular and Rich

Last edited:
These are the recommended affixes for all Disciplines according to The Crew discord:

🧪 Nitro Chemist
SR (car): Pure and Extra Pump
Thanks for all that. I had just done some testing where I did sets of 3 runs of Forsberg #3 with the same car. First was a baseline, then I had only 24.8% pure, then only 9.6% frenetic, then only 31% extra pump. The %s were to keep them in line with the maxes of the ranges. I found extra pump was the best, then pure, then frenetic, though we're only talking the odd tenth difference between pure and frenetic when the boost is used specifically to try to take advantage of frenetic. It makes sense that for drag racing you'd replace extra pump with frenetic.

tmp_livebot-543820542554406912-mysummit-1.png

Might try the BMW one again, there must've been a shortcut I missed. I think I'm good either way.

Might try the BMW one again, there must've been a shortcut I missed. I think I'm good either way.
What platform are you on? That screen looks quite different in my game, is it just a difference between the different implementations on different platforms? This is where I ended up, I managed to get full nitro chemist sets for SR and TC, and also a full points set for TC, using the Super Trofeo for the slalom. I didn't have a full nitro chemist set for the drag car for the speed trap, and didn't have a full points set for the aerobatics.

I'm not impressed by the BMW, it was great at 210 for the event, but is very lacking in rear grip at 280. The only major short cut I can remember using in that event was fairly early on after crossing the bridge where I cut a big chunk of a corner off.

1672852230166.png

In my time with the Crew 2 I have participated in all the Summit Events of the current season (Into the Storm). So far, my best result has been gold status for maybe the third week. I have to give to them that I find this format more engaging to play than what FH5 is offering right now.

I know this game is microtransaction heavy, but I have yet to spend real money and I now know how to earn more in-game currency (investing icon points, getting parts that earn you more bucks, money races, etc.) The main thing is that the game is really fun to play.

What platform are you on? That screen looks quite different in my game, is it just a difference between the different implementations on different platforms? This is where I ended up, I managed to get full nitro chemist sets for SR and TC, and also a full points set for TC, using the Super Trofeo for the slalom. I didn't have a full nitro chemist set for the drag car for the speed trap, and didn't have a full points set for the aerobatics.

I'm not impressed by the BMW, it was great at 210 for the event, but is very lacking in rear grip at 280. The only major short cut I can remember using in that event was fairly early on after crossing the bridge where I cut a big chunk of a corner off.

View attachment 1220604
The image is from the Crew Discord, it's a bot that shows your current rank.

The image is from the Crew Discord, it's a bot that shows your current rank.
Thanks, I've linked my account and successfully generated that image for this week's stats so far.

It's certainly a lot easier having done the grinding for parts last week, I'm at 1236k without particularly tryharding them yet, and I don't have a nitro set for the MX bike yet.

I'm not sure how the points work, has the cutoff score for platinum generally been reasonably similar each week?

I have to give to them that I find this format more engaging to play than what FH5 is offering right now.

I know this game is microtransaction heavy, but I have yet to spend real money and I now know how to earn more in-game currency (investing icon points, getting parts that earn you more bucks, money races, etc.) The main thing is that the game is really fun to play.
I played FH4 a lot, but haven't bought FH5 because it was clear to me it wasn't going to improve any of the things I didn't like about 4. I much prefer TC2's competition based weekly events to FH4's participation approach (I assume FH5 is the same as FH4).

I've only been playing for a week, but my approach to grinding has been to prioritise getting a loot digger set first, though you can't actually do much to get a particular one first, other than not scrapping them! Contrary to what the advice in Discord says, I find Lucky to be an extremely valuable affix, so I make a loot digger set with both goldfinder and lucky. Before I get the loot digger set I make a set with both lucky and goldfinder on each part, though I don't want to spend too much at that stage and will settle for rich or popular instead of one of them. Once you have a loot digger set, it generally doesn't take THAT long to create any set that you want, e.g. it took me just a couple of hours last night to make a full nitro set for SR bikes with bender and extra pump or pure on each part.

The other thing about a loot digger set is the value of the spare parts it generates is an insane return, worth far more than the credits you get directly. 10 minutes driving the motor trend classic street race, hitting retry immediately every time, with a loot digger set, will fill the mailbox and scrapping all those parts gives around 35k of spare parts. It's 280k for 50k spare parts (with the season pass discount), so those spare parts are worth around 196k credits. By comparison, the credits earned directly from the race are only around 110k. This means the total return from the race is in the region of 1.8m credits per hour IF you would otherwise have used credits to buy spare parts.

Once I have all the parts sets I need, I'll move on to grinding icon points a bit with a fame magnet set, at least until all the /25 boosts are maxed out.

I have to say, I think these boosted sets that people have are a bit silly. A YouTuber did this week's MX events with 73% pure, 43.5% ventilated. Icon points give 10% and 12.5%, so their set has 63% and 31%. The most a standard set can have is 56% and 28%. It's not enough of a disadvantage to stop me from getting platinum, but it means you can't truly compare your times on the leaderboard as you don't know what hidden advantage each player has. I'd guess the boosted set is worth no more than 1-2 seconds for this event, so I'm not saying it's responsible for the 14 seconds gap to 1st place, but who knows about 49th, 48th etc.

1672943119443.png

I think I'll leave it at this for this week, should be enough for platinum. I have the Chiron Interception Unit now, so will grind the credits for next week's cars, and maybe for the motorpass too.

tmp_livebot-728283810294136832-mysummit.png

Back