The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Separated Motorpass, shop additions, and Premium LIVE Summit rewards for clarity on how to get them. I also added the labeled discipline each vehicle is in.

Motorpass Vehicles:

1. Pagani Zonda F Primary Edition (Hypercar)
2. Proto Concept Sparrow Competition (Alpha Grand Prix)
3. McLaren 720S Spider Blast Edition (Hypercar)
4. Chevrolet Corvette C8.R (Touring Car)
5. Mini Cooper S Checkered Edition (Touring Car)

Shop Additions (cars that can be purchased with Bucks):

1. Maserati MC20 (Hypercar)
2. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR (Street Race)
3. Porsche 917K 1970 (Touring Car)
4. Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT (coupe) (Street Race)
5. Ford Crown Victoria Limousine (Drift)
6. Porsche Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo (Street Race)
7. KTM X-Bow GT2 (Touring Car)
8. Spyker C8 LaViolette GT2-R (Touring Car)
9. Saleen S1 GT4 Cup (Touring Car)
10. Proto Concept Pulse Performance (Alpha Grand Prix)
11. Proto Concept Glow Motorsport (Alpha Grand Prix)

Premium LIVE Summit Rewards:

1. Porsche 935 2.0 Coupe Baby Old-Timer Edition (Touring Car)
2. Alfa Romeo 4C Serpente Edizione (Street Race)
3. Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Lucky Dragon Edition (Street Race)
4. Proto Concept Spear Racing (Alpha Grand Prix)
IMG_20230311_002148.jpg

S8E1

Motorpass:
  • Pagani Zonda F Primary Edition (Hypercar)
  • Chevrolet Corvette C8.R (Touring Car)
  • Mini Cooper S Checkered Edition (Touring Car)
  • Audi RS5 USST Edition (Street)
Shop:
  • KTM X-Bow GT2 (Touring Car)
  • Spyker C8 LaViolette GT2-R (Touring Car)
  • Saleen S1 GT4 Cup (Touring Car)
  • Bentley Mulliner Bacalar (Street Race)
  • Jaguar F-Type SVR Coupé Professional Edition (Street Race)
  • Jaguar E-Type Series 1 Convertible (Street Race)
  • KTM 450 EXC Nighthawk Edition (Motorbike)
Summit :
  • Porsche 935 2.0 Coupe Baby Old-Timer Edition (Touring Car)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Lucky Dragon Edition (Street Race)
  • Bugatti Divo Magma Edition (Hypercar)
  • Ferrari F12tdf (Hypercar)

Last edited:
The Touring Car meta has been overhauled with the new update.

All the top times for the Summit event on the new track have been done with the Saleen S7R, but maybe people haven't tried the new fastest car yet.

1678904258789.png

I did notice in BlackPanthaa’s video that the Saleen has absolutely insane grip, so that will probably go some way to explaining why it’s so busted

Downloaded Need for speed Most Wanted('05). Handling model is almost identical to Crew 2 Street class. Yet, racing games players praising MW and not happy with TC2. What's wrong with them?

Downloaded Need for speed Most Wanted('05). Handling model is almost identical to Crew 2 Street class. Yet, racing games players praising MW and not happy with TC2. What's wrong with them?
Double standards and also it’s easy to **** on Ubisoft because it’s a company run by Yves Guillemot.

Ubisoft is currently one of the companies that if you hate the company or any of its games you are considered a true gamer and man of culture by the rest of the stylistic gamers.

In the case of NFSMW it is also a matter of nostalgia.

Nostalgia. People who adore old NFS games like Undrground and Most Wanted don't remember how simplistic they were. They just have fond memories about them and remember them as incredible etc. Nowadays those games wouldn't stand out.

Ubisoft is currently one of the companies that if you hate the company or any of its games you are considered a true gamer and man of culture by the rest of the stylistic gamers.

In the case of NFSMW it is also a matter of nostalgia.
Tbh they are a pretty awful company, but isn’t that true for most big business nowadays?
And besides, it’s unfair to compare their output to the person who commissioned it, although they have definitely released some stinkers lately.

I haven't played that NFS game to know if I'd agree that it's very similar to TC2 SR, but I think there are two factors that can make some people unhappy with TC2:

1. If they don't have an understanding of how to set the cars up properly. A lot of cars need some adjustment from the default setup.

2. If they tend to use the "tap steering" method on a controller, which works well for Forza, but is really bad for TC2, you instead often need to use partial stick movements to take corners smoothly, treating the stick more like a steering wheel.

Nostalgia. People who adore old NFS games like Undrground and Most Wanted don't remember how simplistic they were. They just have fond memories about them and remember them as incredible etc. Nowadays those games wouldn't stand out.
Not really true - NFS MW still has great, flowing map design, amazing sense of speed and very competent police AI, even if they do show their faults occasionally.

NFS UG2 also has a fully-fledged dyno mode, not to mention how it combined street racing and legal track races (like actual tracks, not just set in the same city streets like Heat), and the insane depth of it's visual modification. Oh, and a handling model that makes much more sense than Unbound's.

To pass anyone's love of these games off as pure nostalgia is being wilfully ignorant, people still replay these games constantly as adults. Mindlessly loving new games while dismissing anything old doesn't help matters either.

...But anyway. What I came to this thread to say is that I'm genuinely interested in picking this game up again. When it first came out I just couldn't get into it, it felt lifeless and honestly just a slog to play through. Seems that has changed quite a bit now, looks to be a great "chill out" type of game. Any thoughts from anyone here?

Last edited:
I'm surprised with how much time I have invested now in TC2. I picked it up at a discount (season pass included) because FH5 felt stagnant and I needed something fresh/exciting. After the initial grind (I'm icon 818 as of now) I can go to the weekly live summit events and expect to rank in gold/platinum at least.

I love the variety of events, and having bikes, planes and boats is a fun change of pace, and I haven't spent any real money on the game.

When it first came out I just couldn't get into it, it felt lifeless and honestly just a slog to play through. Seems that has changed quite a bit now, looks to be a great "chill out" type of game. Any thoughts from anyone here?
It's definitely worth giving it a try again, as the meta vehicles have all changed, and they have introduced new handling models.

There is a very good meta guide on the official Discord server:

I bought the game in the Steam sale over Christmas/New Year, and have got platinum in every summit since then. I really like that the summits are competitive activities rather than zero challenge. If you get into doing the summits, check out Vizonit and Akor on YouTube as they upload a video each week of very good performances, so you can see the vehicles, parts and pro settings they use.

The game has also had so much content added since launch, it's almost too big now. E.g. just this latest season has added 8 new tracks, with them becoming available at the rate of one a week, and new vehicles. It's a pretty amazing duration of live support for such an old game.

I'm surprised with how much time I have invested now in TC2. I picked it up at a discount (season pass included) because FH5 felt stagnant and I needed something fresh/exciting. After the initial grind (I'm icon 818 as of now) I can go to the weekly live summit events and expect to rank in gold/platinum at least.

I love the variety of events, and having bikes, planes and boats is a fun change of pace, and I haven't spent any real money on the game.
Ditto, loving it. I am icon 1100 around and really enjoying it. Still have to buy some of the cars that the Summit is asking me to use. I wish we can use a rental or something.

Still have to buy some of the cars that the Summit is asking me to use. I wish we can use a rental or something.
If you're in a crew, and the crew leader has the car, the game lets you do the summit events with them and loans you a car BUT it is just base spec, it has no upgrade parts, no affixes, no pro settings, so you won't score as many summit points as you would if you bought the car. But it can be useful if all you want to do is get gold, as it lets you get the 100k bonus for doing every event without buying the cars.

Haven't played the game in ages and as soon as I started doing the Summit all those issues are coming back.

FsN64ffWcAAW_46

So I managed to reach Platinum but I'm pretty (like 100%) sure I will drop to Gold by the time the Summit ends. Nothing wrong with improving scores if not for the fact that the easiest way to do so is to cheat. Specially wall riding In Alpha and taking shortcuts in other racing events.
How is that still a thing I will never understand. The whole competition is just a joke since every single player in top 100 is doing that.
Not to mention they are preventing 80% of players to get the exclusive cars. I really, really hope Motorsport will change that. Give special rewards for top players, just don't lock cars from everyone else.
I love the series, but some choices are killing all the fun for me.

One more thing. I'm dumb and don't understand how Motorpass is working. Do I need to buy the cars or they unlock later, when you reach certain points?

So I managed to reach Platinum but I'm pretty (like 100%) sure I will drop to Gold by the time the Summit ends.
You could easily do +100k with score doubling sets
One more thing. I'm dumb and don't understand how Motorpass is working. Do I need to buy the cars or they unlock later, when you reach certain points?
You need to unlock them by collecting MP points(daily&weekly quests, Summit ) and grabbing reward on Motorpass screen. 30% of rewards available free of charge, 70% after buying Motorpass

Last edited:
You could easily do +100k with score doubling sets
I know. But I still lack those parts. Not to mention my Powerboat is way underpowered. Need to grind those parts and max it out. Not sure I will do that soon...
I actually don't mind getting gold. Missed 2 years of Summits already. But it still bothers me since I could get easy 50k just from cutting in Maserati and Harley Davidson route events.

More interested in Motorpass now. At least that is just good old grind for Bucks. 😁

If you're in a crew, and the crew leader has the car, the game lets you do the summit events with them and loans you a car BUT it is just base spec, it has no upgrade parts, no affixes, no pro settings, so you won't score as many summit points as you would if you bought the car. But it can be useful if all you want to do is get gold, as it lets you get the 100k bonus for doing every event without buying the cars.
I did not know this. Is it easy to just join a random crew then? Because I am not going to be searching hard for a crew at the moment.

Me thinks cutting and wall riding is an art form in TC2 :lol:, that´s probably half the fun in a game that doesn't take itself to serious to begin with (I also love the events where the world shifts Inception style). This week I finally have a gold nitro set for the boat, and the Reventon really is all that.

If you need some help with slipstream duo - ask me, I am at Xbox, too.
Thanks but should be fine now. Apparently I was using the wrong boat and now I'm 1700th. Will try to improve other scores if needed. Did some shortcrust too. 😅

Back