The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
I have to say, since getting FH5, TC2 has lost a lot of its appeal to me. For starters, TC2's graphics seem worse when you have recently played FH5 than they do if you only play TC2. But the biggest problem is if you just want to do the summit each week, the game makes you do a lot of tedious stuff due to the forced car choices. You have to mind numbingly do high speed takedown to get the credits to buy the bundle of cars needed for the week's summit events. Then when you have a lot of cars, finding the parts set you want and moving it to the car the game is making you use is a pain, and you have to set each new car up with the right tyres, sometimes also wide body parts, and pro settings. In the case of the drift Mustang this week, it took me quite a lot of work to develop pro settings that worked well. It ends up feeling like you spend a high proportion of the time messing about rather than doing the events.

By comparison, the minimum you have to do each week to keep up with any new cars in FH5 is just The Trial, which I find fun anyway, plus set a couple of rivals clean laps once a month, then 4 PR stunts each week for which you can have your favourite cars ready to go and just fast travel and do them. That gets the 20 points needed each week for the new car. I stopped playing FH4 because of the tedium of the playlist, but FH5 has reduced that tedious grind a lot, and it feels like it's less weekly tedium to keep up with than TC2.

I think I prefer TC2 because of the weekly event challenges. FH5 doesn't have the best weekly things to do and it often time feels like the cars drive like a fridge on wheels.

Yes, I prefer the summit events, but I just wish we could use our favourite vehicles for them so we didn't have to spend time grinding for credits, moving parts about, and setting up new cars. You can't even change car from within the summit, you'd think they could have made that UI improvement in the years the game has been out.

I agree about FH5 handling, it feels like a downgrade from FH4 to me. It is a bit better if you run the game at 120fps, the reduced input lag compared to 60fps is noticeable.

But the biggest problem is if you just want to do the summit each week, the game makes you do a lot of tedious stuff due to the forced car choices.
Ivory definitely could refine car choices for Summits. Ideal setup would be one event with specific vehicle, one event with summit reward vehicle and one with specific sub-class(suv/hothatch) or country.

The other day I was driving around in a bike trying to complete the stories I'm still missing. They call it stories but it's just you driving around. And that is the main reason I like the Crew. It's the only game today that offer a real sense of a road trip. The graphics are not the best, the handling is not the best, there's a lot of grinding (although is much, much better now) but boy do I love just cruising around.

I love the basic idea of TC2. However, I just don't like the execution. The handling to me feels like a modern NFS game and what is with every car having nitrous?? Does an RS5 come with a few NIO bottles as standard??

The whole UI I just find very annoying and busy. There seems to be so much to do that I just lose the will to live. The whole boats and planes thing should have been left out. No good trying to be a jack of all trades IMO.

I just hope that Motorfest improves dramatically.

Ivory definitely could refine car choices for Summits. Ideal setup would be one event with specific vehicle, one event with summit reward vehicle and one with specific sub-class(suv/hothatch) or country.
Yeah, I always liked the forced vehicle stuff because it gives an opportunity for me as a solo gamer to actually use a car even if I do not have it. Typically, it is nice that they reward people for playing more but it sucks to be gatekeept from it.

1683652793344.png

Ghost Road is FINALLY back! The one Summit that's eluded me for literally years...

I better not mess this one up...

Crew 2 meets Trackmania is an interesting concept, I like new racetrack.
It was tough Summit, but FanCar is mine. Coolest looking AGP vehicle, IMO.

Honestly really thought I'd dislike the USST alpha stuff but it was pretty awesome. The tracks were fun to navigate and really enjoyed the new vehicles. I am already almost done with the motor pass. I really still wish the Summits on a weekly basis provided you with a stock vehicle to at least TRY the events. I dislike that I don't play enough to buy cars and have to grind for some of the events.

Is there a source available or would that get you in trouble?
Russian vk.com group.

New vehicles:
1)Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
2)Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR Drift
3)Mazda-110S Cosmo
4)Volkswagen Golf VII
5)Chevrolet HS Customs 1969
6)audi rs2 avant 1993
7)bmw m2 2017 SE
8)ford mustang boss 302 1969 SE
9)audi rs3
10)audi rs7
11)nissan 300zx SE
12)ford gt 40 SE
13)nissan gtr 2005 SE
14)mazda rx 7 (old) SE
15)bugatti chiron SE
16)jaguar c-x75 SE
17)proto hypercar
18)noble m500 2022
19)land rover 2017

Last edited:
I went from 21 mil down to 10 just from these previous seasons. I mean, it is nice that you can buy the pass with Bucks now, but it doesn't reward you most of it back.

LR Defender SE
Audi RS2 Avant '95
Audi RS3 Sportback 2022
Audi RS7 Sportback 2022
Noble M500
Mazda Cosmo
Lancia Stratos HF Stradale (SR)
Lancia Stratos HF GR4 (RX)

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Drift
Bugatti Chiron SS 300+ SE
Jaguar C-X75 SE
Mazda RX-7 '88 SE
Proto Lucky SE
Ford Mustang 429 SE
Ford GT SE
BMW M2 SE
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Drift SE
Nissan 300ZX SE
Nissan GT-R '15 SE
Volkswagen Golf GTi SE
Chevrolet Camaro RS SE

Bunch of cool SE's

Last edited:
Bunch of cool SE's
Are those Summit Edition?

Also saw Akor (YouTuber) mentioned up to 1000 check points for the Race Creator and being able to play others creations.
That could potentially make grinding for money less painful or more interesting.

Also saw Akor (YouTuber) mentioned up to 1000 check points for the Race Creator and being able to play others creations.
That could potentially make grinding for money less painful or more interesting.
did he mention if there'll be any restrictions like how long the route can be, or if we can only use specific parts of the map or certain disciplines?

did he mention if there'll be any restrictions like how long the route can be, or if we can only use specific parts of the map or certain disciplines?
Nothing official just rumours. But I'm assuming there will be options for very long races. I'm very curious if we could recreate Highway Child and Showtime from the first game. I would really love that. I'm also pretty sure those will be solo races without AI. Which is unfortunate.

Back