The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,454 comments
United Kingdom
Wreckage, Turn 1
PrecisionXCIV
Now that Motorfest is confirmed to be a standalone title, I reckon it deserves its own thread:

THE NEW CHAPTER OF THE CREW FRANCHISE​

The Crew Motorfest builds on the legacy of The Crew franchise to make it the best open world action-driving experience in the series.
Get ready to race through the city streets of Honolulu, go down the ashy volcano slopes, adventure deep in the lush rainforest, drift along the curvy mountain roads, or just chill down on the sunny beach.

O'AHU TURNED INTO A MOTOR PARADISE.​

Evergreen car culture festival at the heart of the game, Motorfest has settled in the beautiful island of O’ahu, part of the Hawaiian archipelago. On your own or with your crew, come explore this beautiful new playground behind the wheel of hundreds of the most legendary vehicles.

MOTORFEST NEVER ENDS!​

The festival will allow you to fulfill your ultimate action driving bucket list through a series of tailor-made races, themed events, and other unique challenges. Whatever the way you enjoy cars and driving, there is something in there for you!

Last edited:
So essentially: it's Forza Horizon but developed by the French. To be honest, I'm not sure if it's a good thing, given what I've said previously about a lack of creativity in racing games as of late. The fact that the game employs something similar to a "festival" (from what I can tell in the trailer) and even snatches some marketing taglines from Forza Horizon ("Motorfest never ends") makes it all the more obvious.

Then whether Motorfest is able to actually be something more than just French Horizon (besides the obvious customization and perhaps post-launch support?), only time will tell, though I do suspect it wont sadly.

Picking this from the other thread

The Insider program has 4 phases, starting tomorrow with 2000 PC players. Initial phases will be PC-only with Console players being added in the later stages.

I've registered for the insider program, but so far I'm not hugely keen on what I've seen. The graphics look cartoonish whereas I was expecting them to move more towards photo-realism. I also think they should have their own game identity rather than trying to copy Forza Horizon, as I think a lot of the player count of FH is due to brand strength and game pass rather than it being a better game than TC2. The small island location would concern me, but they say it's inspired by the island rather than attempting to accurately model the real island, so the problems I see when I look at the real island may well not be present in the game.

Why are companies still bothering to put resource into the previous gen consoles. By the time this game comes out the current gen will be 3 years into its cycle and games are still releasing on the old machines. I don't get it

Game looks fine. Gonna feel quite familiar to TDU I'm sure with the location and premise. Lots of Horizon influence of course, if you're going to take inspiration for an open world racing game then there are worse to imitate. I feel they would have struggled to sell USA for a 3rd game in a row.

Why are companies still bothering to put resource into the previous gen consoles. By the time this game comes out the current gen will be 3 years into its cycle and games are still releasing on the old machines. I don't get it

Game looks fine. Gonna feel quite familiar to TDU I'm sure with the location and premise. Lots of Horizon influence of course, if you're going to take inspiration for an open world racing game then there are worse to imitate. I feel they would have struggled to sell USA for a 3rd game in a row.
The Crew 2’s map had so much empty space it was ridiculous. At least with Hawaii they’ll be able to squeeze more variety into a similarly-sized map

If this game has, at the very least, decent physics, I might try it out. But other than that, all I saw was a Forza Horizon. Like NFS Unbound, I'm not buying into the hype. Good luck to Ivory I guess.

I like it. Give me bright colourful cars and environments. Very glad they’re not going down the photorealistic route.

I'm legit gleeful that the theme is festival-based! For a moment I was a bit worried the cops would be in the game but they're not! I'm hyped!!

Give me bright colourful cars and environments. Very glad they’re not going down the photorealistic route.
It can be bright and colourful AND photo realistic, those elements aren't mutually exclusive. It's it looking like someone has drawn outlines and coloured them in that I don't like.

1675192600935.png

Not to be a defender for any side but it started with FH1 being a TDU2 clone iirc. Plus i'd rather say "Inspired by" I mean, heck, I made an RPG with a inspiration from another game I inspired myself from. Instead the characters are cute type kitty based and they participate in GT style events. Hopefully that won't be counted as a rip-off of two games merged as one for example.

Definitely getting TDU and FH vibes from this. My disappointment with FH5, but general liking of the franchise has me excited for this. I loved the setting in TDU and this seems to fit the bill for reviving some of those old feelings of cruising the island in a supercar.

Back