The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,482 comments
Interesting. Ivory Tower is the studio which made Test Drive Unlimited and this teaser seems to heavily tease that it will use a modified map from Test Drive Unlimited? If yes then it is actually a nice news!

I'll keep an open mind about this, but I'm not optimistic at all. I want to understand what differentiates this game from FH because it looks quite similar. Maybe it will have better roads?

As a PS5 owner (not an option for me to have 2 consoles) who itches to play FH5 but have no such option on the PS5, I welcome this.

As someone stated earlier, the Crew games have so much useless open space they are not Horizon clones IMO. Where are all the FH clones on Sony's system? There are none.

Who knows if TDU even comes out before late 2024, so short of trading in my PS5 for a Series X just to play FH5, this looks like a great option for me!

As a PS5 owner (not an option for me to have 2 consoles) who itches to play FH5 but have no such option on the PS5, I welcome this.

As someone stated earlier, the Crew games have so much useless open space they are not Horizon clones IMO. Where are all the FH clones on Sony's system? There are none.

Who knows if TDU even comes out before late 2024, so short of trading in my PS5 for a Series X just to play FH5, this looks like a great option for me!
Exactly! People act like FH is a multiplatform serie. PS need some good openworld racers too.

I'll inevitably be buying this just so I can check the locations for realism, having you know actually been there :D

That first shot of the blue Lamborghini is clearly at the seafront at Waikiki near where the surfer Duke statue is, heading in the direction of the Zoo and, eventually, Diamond Head. There's a McDonald's on the landward side of the road (right of the Lambo as you look at it), assuming it's still there. Enjoyed the fresh island pineapple with McD breakfasts there.

The SUV on the beach (Urus?) , looks like it's on the beach on the north shore where we stopped for a while. It has great sand :)

Can't pinpoint the rest of the trailer as it's mostly inland shots, the bit where the car goes through the fence going round the corner might be around the Jurassic Park visitor area, but it could be anywhere on the island really.

As for the game, I spent a LOT of time with the first game but got bored of The Crew 2 quickly because I'd seen the map already and there weren't enough events to do.

But my main issue really was the handling which I didn't really like for any class other than the regular car type (and even that was too sensitive for my taste so needed quite a bit of tweaking).

And even more so the dreadful economy which meant what felt like endless grinding to get every car, and was clearly pushing the real money CC microtransactioms heavily.

If this next game is another grind fest, no thanks.

I don't know but for the moment I take the ubisoft game for a proper sequel, we don't have to much info about the solar crown right now.

I'll give it a chance if this one cares to work without internet. But seeing as Ubisoft wants all their games wired up to Ubi Connect, I'm not optimistic. I'll excuse a lot about the game otherwise, even if its essentially TC2 in a different location, that'll be good enough for me.

Since I couldn't get a PS5 for the time being to play Solar Crown and I don't have a good PC to run FH, maybe this will be a good alternative.

I played The Crew 1 a little while and it seems enjoyable though the handling is kinda bad. The Crew 2 has fun handling but I couldn't get into the game for some reason when I tried the demo. I just hope I can play offline with this one though it seems unlikely.

Last edited:
Absolutly better roads than forza horizon in my opinion. The problem for me with the map in horizon is that it lacks city enviroments

The problem with horizon's maps is that they're very small. Within a week of playing you've seen everything there is to see in the game.
I wish Ivory Tower took Driver San Francisco's handling model instead of their trash handling.

The first Crew had terrible physics, and in the sequel I finished the game with my starting car (TT RS) and couldn't afford another.

I'm too old to play a game where I have to grind to unlock cars. If I don't have a fun and fast way of unlocking them, I'll skip.

Eden Games made TDU. However Ivory Tower was founded by ex-Eden employees.
More specifically - first TDU teamleads leave Eden games after TDU release and founded Ivory.

R3V
The first Crew had terrible physics
Physics was ok, main problem was awful scaling. Basically, they balance maxed out vehicles and than simply cut 50% of its performance stats for stock 0/100 vehicle. Surprise, it didn't work well. In second instalment they tune both stock performance and top performance with hands.

Last edited:
Why are companies still bothering to put resource into the previous gen consoles. By the time this game comes out the current gen will be 3 years into its cycle and games are still releasing on the old machines. I don't get it
There is still a huge market for previous gen. It's frustrating but it makes sense from a business perspective.

There is still a huge market for previous gen. It's frustrating but it makes sense from a business perspective.

There is, but is that just because it keeps getting supported? No other gen has been like this, regardless of market strength of respective previous gens.

I did register for the beta although my computer can't run it so I won't be first wave. I agree that it seems underwhelming in general but that just seems to be raising games in general nowadays. With the series being known arguably best for having giant maps and the new Test Drive going to have a 1:1 some map maybe Hawaii will be pretty close to 1:1 scale but I'm still keeping my expectations pretty low.

There is, but is that just because it keeps getting supported? No other gen has been like this, regardless of market strength of respective previous gens.
That definitely doesn't help, however it's worth remembering that previous gens also didn't offer upgrade paths between generations like we have with a lot of modern games. Nowadays when you buy the previous gen version of a game it's often possible to upgrade to the current gen version for free. For studios it's a no brainer; you can easily maximise your potential customer base.

Last edited:
Why are companies still bothering to put resource into the previous gen consoles. By the time this game comes out the current gen will be 3 years into its cycle and games are still releasing on the old machines. I don't get it
1) Motorfest isnt Crew 3
2) Cost of development for crossgen 8-9 is waaaay lower, than for 7-8.

O'ahu is certainly an... interesting choice. Gonna be interesting to see how the map differentiates from its TDU version.

In any case, I hope this ends up being way more than just a Horizon clone, because the whole "racing festival" idea is super overdone these days. Also hope for massive improvements to sounds and physics over TC2.

O'ahu is certainly an... interesting choice. Gonna be interesting to see how the map differentiates from its TDU version.

In any case, I hope this ends up being way more than just a Horizon clone, because the whole "racing festival" idea is super overdone these days. Also hope for massive improvements to sounds and physics over TC2.

Sounds like it'll differ quote along to the Oahu we know from TDU. Not a 1:1 recreation, a lot more filler.

I don't mind the festival theme. It lends a backstory to being able to race on streets and such without legal ramifications 😅. The alternative is NFS clones, which some would also complain about. Like you say, hopefully it does enough to differentiate itself to Horizon.

1) Motorfest isnt Crew 3
What makes you think this? Everything Ubisoft says indicates it's a new game, and the third in the series.

Ubisoft
Today, Ubisoft announced that The Crew franchise will enter a new era with its next instalment: The Crew Motorfest.
Ubisoft News
The Crew Motorfest is the Next Game in The Crew Franchise
Ubisoft News
The Crew Motorfest welcomes drivers to an all-new open-world racing game later this year on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC, and Amazon Luna. The latest entry in The Crew franchise takes players to the shores of the island of O'ahu in the Hawai'ian archipelago

I mean, I have more, but it's clearly the third The Crew game - even if it's not called "The Crew 3".

What makes you think this? Everything Ubisoft says indicates it's a new game, and the third in the series.

I mean, I have more, but it's clearly the third The Crew game - even if it's not called "The Crew 3".
I think people are seeing this as a GT Sport situation, where it's sort of a spin-off to the main series. The fact it was supposedly meant to originally be a DLC for TC2 just furthers that point.

Back