The Crew: Wild Run Edition

:drool: That is such an improvement!

It looks either as good or better than FH2, which is very impressive considering TC is a much larger open world game than FH2.

My plan is to buy FM6 at launch then play the heck out of it until November, then take a long break and play the Wild Run expansion then go back to FM6.
I'm not planning on buying many games this fall, I probably will wait until after Christmas, buying gifts for other people, the usual. There's always seems to be better deals on newer released games after Christmas anyway.

It looks either as good or better than FH2, which is very impressive considering TC is a much larger open world game than FH2.

My plan is to buy FM6 at launch then play the heck out of it until November, then take a long break and play the Wild Run expansion then go back to FM6.
I'm not planning on buying many games this fall, I probably will wait until after Christmas, buying gifts for other people, the usual. There's always seems to be better deals on newer released games after Christmas anyway.
It does look very close graphically to FH2. I won't be buying this expansion as most of my time next year will be taken up by NFS, Mafia III and JC3.

Guys, can you answer me a few questions? I've been searching all corners of the internet but I only find generic copy/paste news articles and the almost default description from the game developers. GTPlanet community hasn't left me down yet, so I know you guys can help me with this.
Now, I've been playing the game since it's launch. And even since the first PS4 closed Beta. So I understand what the game is like, however, with this wild run expansion, I lost the plot.

What EXACTLY is Wild Run expansion? It's called an expansion, but I can't help but feel it's a new game. Is this really downloadable content?
I have the original game, so how is this going to be handled? Will I end up having two The Crew tiles on my PS4? How will this affect the core game?
I don't mind paying for all of this extra content, but, will it a one off price? Like, will I pay and get everything, or will it be just another season pass scam?

I feel incredibly confused because this deviants from conventional DLC from the past. I mean, sure it's adding content to the game, but I feel that this would be the kind of content that get's passed on to the sequel instead of the current game.

Guys, can you answer me a few questions? I've been searching all corners of the internet but I only find generic copy/paste news articles and the almost default description from the game developers. GTPlanet community hasn't left me down yet, so I know you guys can help me with this.
Now, I've been playing the game since it's launch. And even since the first PS4 closed Beta. So I understand what the game is like, however, with this wild run expansion, I lost the plot.

What EXACTLY is Wild Run expansion? It's called an expansion, but I can't help but feel it's a new game. Is this really downloadable content?
I have the original game, so how is this going to be handled? Will I end up having two The Crew tiles on my PS4? How will this affect the core game?
I don't mind paying for all of this extra content, but, will it a one off price? Like, will I pay and get everything, or will it be just another season pass scam?

I feel incredibly confused because this deviants from conventional DLC from the past. I mean, sure it's adding content to the game, but I feel that this would be the kind of content that get's passed on to the sequel instead of the current game.
It's the same game. No new applications on the PS4 screen and it's not a season pass. It's just more content than what would be put into a normal patch. Also you get the graphical upgrade even without the expansion.

I was watching BlackPanthaa's gameplay footage of the Wild Run expansion pack and I sawed something that caught my eye in the video. Look at the silver car in the left. Is that a.....
image.jpg

image.jpg

LOTUS EVORA???!!! Yep guys, say hello to our first Lotus on The Crew! :sly:

Don't forget they said that this was intended to be an MMOCarPG and you have to think of the dlc in those terms. Like with, say world of Warcraft, the core game is always going to be there but they are adding extra content to the core game.

They also said there were no short term plans for a sequel. This is why.

In theory, they could keep adding new content and events and vehicle specs within the map ad infinitum as long as people keep playing the game and as long as they can think of new things to add.

As a crude example, they could add a pack in the snow area with jet skis and they could add boats into the Florida area.

The dlc also reminds me a lot of the way the burnout paradise dlc was done.

I am really looking forward to exploring the map with the new, vastly improved graphics.

I was on the fence re the wild run paid pack, but having now seen that gameplay vid with the bikes and monster trucks and now the ability to create your own races as well. Well, shut up and take my money!!!

I was wondering if a created race was good enough, Ubisoft would use it as a new Faction Mission.

They also said there were no short term plans for a sequel. This is why.

I really respect that from a developer. Given Ubisoft's past records I was expecting them to just abandon the game after the Season Pass contents are all out and promptly announce a sequel (*cough* PCARS *cough*). The fact that they are still working on it and improving the core game, in addition to adding proper expansion packs (not nickel and diming piecemeal DLC cars) gives me more faith in the future of this title. As someone has said it reminds me a lot of good ol' Criterion with Burnout Paradise (which was the best arcade racer of last gen IMO).

The DLC does remind me of BP. A bunch of small car packs and then a huge expansion followed by more cars.

What do you mean by scam? I thought the season pass has been a good deal.

Oh god...i want to play it so bad, imagine riding cross country on perf spec bike with drive club graphics.....god.

I did not expect the addition of road and dirt bikes. Very nice. My gosh I am quickly getting way overwhelmed with X1 games this year. Especially since I have been playing so many X1 Backward compatible games lately on the X1. So glad I finally bought the X1 because it is truly shining this year.

Any news on the bikes to be added?

I watched the 2nd trailer above that pokemonfan58 posted and from what I gleaned from it, there will be Circuit spec bikes in addition to dirt spec bikes and road bikes (perf and street). If I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard him mention there will be Raid spec bikes coming as well.

I did not expect the addition of road and dirt bikes. Very nice. My gosh I am quickly getting way overwhelmed with X1 games this year. Especially since I have been playing so many X1 Backward compatible games lately on the X1. So glad I finally bought the X1 because it is truly shining this year.

That's a good problem to have, better to have too many good games than not enough. I'm am going to limit myself to Forza 6, the Wild Run expansion and I forgot to mention Star Wars Battlefront in an earlier post, I'll be picking that one up too. Everything else can wait until the prices drop next year. If I bought them this fall they would just sit on my shelf anyway.

The crew isn't making the xb1 shine though. It's a multi platform game.

Wow, did not expect such an update out of the crew! Graphics look a lot better, went from a pretty average looking game to getting closer to Horizon 2 (which looks great too!) The new specs are much welcomed and this should be a great expansion, looks like a lot of content! Man with this, Forza 6 and NFS racing games are doing pretty good for holiday of 2015!

Game is slowly creeping toward best open world racer ever....Wheel support has improved tremendously since the beginning. Cars are now fun to race as well as cruise. Another physics update with trucks and bikes plus the graphical update could make this game untouchable.

I knew this was coming....
Game is slowly creeping toward best open world racer ever....Wheel support has improved tremendously since the beginning. Cars are now fun to race as well as cruise. Another physics update with trucks and bikes plus the graphical update could make this game untouchable.
Its not just the physics that needs to be updated to make the game more fun. Its the car balancing. Rarely on PVP do you ever see the entire lobby not driving the La Ferrari in perf spec races and the Alfa Romeo 8C in circuit spec races since everyone prefers using the most overpowered cars in the game. I would love to drive my Camaro or Mustang GT or my circuit spec MP4-12c if only everyone would not drive the La Ferrari or 8C. And with the 240z coming to The Crew which is my new favorite JDM car thanks to Wangan Midnight, this would be a big problem trying to make it my preferred perf spec car for PVP.

Last edited:
Back