The Crew: Wild Run Edition

Have sent you a friend request on PSN. Am Level 50, obviously won't be on same time as you as very different time zones :lol: but feel free to send me on faction missions and make yourself some nice crew bucks.

I'm trying to save up some bucks to buy the remaining cars and specs before Wild Run comes out, at which point I'll need to get some more bucks to buy all the bikes and new specs. Really looking forward to the update and DLC in November 👍

EDIT - Will try to get some vids of the new Fairlady 240Z up on my channel after the weekend

Cheers mate, I had a go yesterday, but just driving around aimlessly, didn't do any missions, as I got my wheel set up finally. The wheel actually works much better than I had expected on The Crew, so much fun! I found the most fun thing for me with the wheel is taking my dirt spec cars on some of the awesome dirt roads around the map. I never thought much of the rallying in this game before I got my wheel, but it's like a whole new game now!

I also can't wait for the Wild Run DLC. I haven't bought any DLC for this game yet, because it's mostly overpriced IMO. Or perhaps I've just been spoiled by Driveclub giving me so bloody much in the season pass. But, either way, I'll be getting Wild Run for sure!

Screenshot-Original.png
Screenshot-Original1.png
Screenshot-Original3.png
Screenshot-Original2.png

Some screens of mine

For those of you who wanted to know about the Perf Z's customization... it has alot...including an external oil cooler option.

It's nothing but old school JDM love, they also have the acutal bumper from wangan midnight aswell.

I wish they'd finish the new Ruf... They announced the RT-12 months ago before any of these single-release cars but it's still being held back.

How does this game run on your guys' PCs? I'm wondering because I might pick it up someday when I have the chance.

Me and two buddies each just got a copy of this game purely to play coop. I just played the first few missions yesterday (coop not available on those missions), and got my first car (Mustang) and got the HQ. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, after seeing the terrible reviews it got. It looks like it would be a lot of fun doing coop.

The cars handle pretty decently as well on hardcore setting. Playing with the wheel actually feels very decent, at least a lot better than I thought it would feel. Obviously the FFB isn't as detailed and nuanced as PCARS, but I wouldn't expect that. One complaint I have is that the FFB strength doesn't seem to be calibrated all that well. I'm using the T300 and have FFB set right in the middle. It feels good on the streets, but going off road it feels like it's going to break my wrists.

Anyone playing this with a wheel on the PS4? I just pulled the T100 out of my closet for the first time in a few months and The Crew (PS4 version at least) seems to have some of the absolute worst wheel implementation I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.
There are only three wheel settings - FFB, linearity and deadzone, and no combination seems to provide even barely tolerable and semi-precise steering input. Dodging same direction traffic is a game of chance, with the cars that handle precisely and responsively enough with a gamepad suddenly turning into twitchy barges that would need considerable luck to hit a barn door.

The T100 is far from a great wheel - it ended up in the closet because I was rather dissatisfied with it when I bought it earlier this year, after being used to better Logitech wheels for the previous decade - but I decided to give it a better try, and while it's not even up to par with the original black/blue Logitech Driving Force I had as my first wheel some 12+ years ago, it's still adequate for Project Cars and DriveClub with no precision issues or overt sluggishness.
The Crew on the other hand... Completely unplayable with the T100 on the PS4 as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I have a question. What is the point of the medals? Does getting a gold medal give you anything?
1. There's an Edit button

2. I think getting Gold/Platinum medals will increase your game completion. I don't really care about getting Gold on everything.

Anyone playing this with a wheel on the PS4? I just pulled the T100 out of my closet for the first time in a few months and The Crew (PS4 version at least) seems to have some of the absolute worst wheel implementation I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.
There are only three wheel settings - FFB, linearity and deadzone, and no combination seems to provide even barely tolerable and semi-precise steering input. Dodging same direction traffic is a game of chance, with the cars that handle precisely and responsively enough with a gamepad suddenly turning into twitchy barges that would need considerable luck to hit a barn door.

The T100 is far from a great wheel - it ended up in the closet because I was rather dissatisfied with it when I bought it earlier this year, after being used to better Logitech wheels for the previous decade - but I decided to give it a better try, and while it's not even up to par with the original black/blue Logitech Driving Force I had as my first wheel some 12+ years ago, it's still adequate for Project Cars and DriveClub with no precision issues or overt sluggishness.
The Crew on the other hand... Completely unplayable with the T100 on the PS4 as far as I'm concerned.

I think it feels fine with the T300.

1. There's an Edit button

2. I think getting Gold/Platinum medals will increase your game completion. I don't really care about getting Gold on everything.

Thanks. I am aware of the edit button, but editing doesn't create a new notification, and it would make it more difficult to be noticed if it was a short question tacked on to a longer post because the posts are over 2 hours apart.

Well my Fanatec Clubsport Wheel v2 works great with it. It has good ffb like another post said the off road can tear you up from the wheel thrashing around.

T300 on PS4 here. I think it works rather well. FFB is decent (I keep it very low), and control is very good IMO.

I gotta try again but I have seriously never felt any kind of wheel handling that weird. With the initial settings it was like the car was constantly being pulled slightly left or right unless I very firmly held the wield straight, and during actually turning it almost pulled ever so slightly in the direction I'm going.

Adjusting the three settings a bit didn't result in anything that felt like I've been used to even in other pure arcade racers with wheel support I've tried in the past. I have no precise control over the car at all - even if I'm driving at modest speed it's a crap shoot whether I'll manage to overtake another car or ram into it.

Come to think of it it feels a little bit like the few occasions in past PC racing games where I needed to reverse the force feedback to prevent pulling towards the outside - something that in those games was either possible within the games themselves or the Logitech control panel.
Obviously such an option doesn't exist in the PS4 version of The Crew.

I guess it's possible the T100 isn't properly supported by the game, it was a PS3 wheel after all. I'll probably get a G29 or a T300 next year, but until then it looks like I might have to settle for the controller in The Crew.

I wish they didn't have the Level 50 limit. If this game is an MMO, extend the levels out like in Forza. When you reach a new level you get Bucks.

Also, I have a question. What is the point of the medals? Does getting a gold medal give you anything?
Gold medals give gold parts. Bronze parts are ok, silver parts are good, gold parts are great but the best parts are platinum which allows you to get your cars PI above 1000 but you need to be level 50 to get them. They are always between level 40-50 parts regardless of the level of the mission/skill that you get them in.

Back