The Crew: Wild Run Edition

Question: the Xbox Game Store has a complete edition of The Crew (base game, Wild Run expansion, and season pass) for $59.99 + tax. Is this a good deal?

Question: the Xbox Game Store has a complete edition of The Crew (base game, Wild Run expansion, and season pass) for $59.99 + tax. Is this a good deal?

Depends on who you ask. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $40 for that package.

I'm looking at pricing now.

The Crew: Wild Run Edition, currently on sale at my local Wal-Mart for about $35.

Everywhere else is the standard $39.99.

I think that is great deal myself, I don't think you will save any more money buying them unbundled.

Logged in last night to claim my prize, love the BMW M4. I drove it full stock for about 30 mins and it's a great full stock car, fast and agile while bone stock, not bad. I bought Circuit spec for it to, love that livery, it's insane, like something you would see in a Forza game.

There was a sale on it at one point for the complete edition for $40 on PSN. So if you wanted all could just wait until it goes on sale or just do the wild run edition and with the CC you get from repeat cars/qualifiers it will slowly end up building to where you can buy them without season pass.

Edit: Welcome to the new Stunt Races. Which is going to be in the new Summit. With that you can only use D or R motorbikes. Basically a Monster arena for bikes.

Last edited:
Oh.

Well since no one has mentioned it yet:

Pagani_Zonda_R_4_245945.jpg

Patch Notes included in the Spoiler
Hi 510s!

Here are the main changes and features coming in our next major patch!

NEW FEATURES

• Camera mode
    New camera options, specially designed for video makers, will be available in Freedrive. This feature can be used solo or in a crew, giving the possibility to be the cameraman or assign the role to other crew members while driving.
    More details will be shared very soon.

• Freedrive challenge - Save and share
    After creating a Freedrive challenge race or speedtrap, players will have the ability to save and share them with other users in and outside the game.
    More information can be found in our dedicated news.

• Summit Stunt race missions
    A new type of race is coming to the Summit, where players, using motorbikes, will have to set the highest scores by performing all kind of stunts.
    You can find all the details about the Stunt races here!

NEW CONTENT

• Summit
    New qualifier events added for the upcoming Monthly Summit:
    • PVP:
      • Pennsylvania Heights - Dirt
      • Miami Downtown Tour - Perf
      • Long Beach Racetrack - Circuit
    • PVE:
      • New Perf time attack in the Mountain States
      • New Raid stunt race in the Grand Canyon
      • New Dragster challenge in the East
      • New Drift challenge in the West
      • New Perf speedtrap challenge in Las Vegas

CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS

• PVP
    Rewards have been removed for players that spectate the entire race.

• Motorbikes
    • Off-road motorbikes will now be able to perform slides.
    • Motorbikes have been globally tuned to achieve more balanced handling and performance, in line with cars.

• Drift spec
    Drift spec cars have been tuned for a better accessibility and are easier to control.

• Dragster
    The tires heat factor has been modified to avoid a constant increase of heat when driving. This was generating a loss of control when driving normally without even burning the tires.

• BMW M4
    • Improved control of the Circuit spec of the car at high speed.
    • Tuning of the suspensions for the Circuit spec in order to reduce the scraping.
    • The cockpit camera has been slightly moved back.

• New vehicle spec
    The Pagani Zonda will now be available in circuit.

Pad changes on PC
    • Implementation of an option to disable the device type auto-detection and force it to be recognized either as a pad or as a wheel.
    • This will allow dinput pads to be properly recognized.
    • An additional option has been added in the controls menu allowing players to pick the control type: Pad, Wheel or Autodetect.

Important note: Please note that when using a dinput pad, you must select the “Pad” option in the controller type in order to be able to access the “Camera Mode” feature available on the smartphone.

BUG FIXES

• Fixed the issue that was preventing some players from using nitro when switching to manual.
  • Fixed an issue related to “Alternative mouse control” that was preventing this option from fully disabling the camera movements through the mouse cursor.
  • Fixed the lighting issue of the BMW M4 dashboard for the Perf and FS specs.

Thank you all for your feedback!

The Crew Team

Ragnos1997 just updated his low spec patch for The Crew. Don't know if I want to reinstall everything again...

Looking forward to this new 'movie feature' I am not quite sure how this would work yet if I was playing solo. Also would anyone know if it would help out with taking better angles of pictures on the cars as they give you a free roam at the moment or is purely to make little 'video clips' to upload on? :)

Looking forward to this new 'movie feature' I am not quite sure how this would work yet if I was playing solo. Also would anyone know if it would help out with taking better angles of pictures on the cars as they give you a free roam at the moment or is purely to make little 'video clips' to upload on? :)

They just explained it on the forums and they said you won't be able to record. So to me, its gonna be useless. But im still looking forward to this big patch. They said in the patch notes that bikes shouldn't be OP no more in PVP races.

They just explained it on the forums and they said you won't be able to record. So to me, its gonna be useless. But im still looking forward to this big patch. They said in the patch notes that bikes shouldn't be OP no more in PVP races.

The way they explained it, the "movie feature" will involve driving with one joystick, steering with the other joystick, accelerating and decelerating with the triggers and then using your other (third?) hand to control the "movie" real time. So it will be useful for octopii and not many others...

I still think that the bikes are going to be OP.
Unless they do something like with the Koegg, Where a full stock is better than the spec kits would be a way that it would work. Just my thought.

Also glad that the BMW is getting better since I could use that on the Highway child instead of my little Ford.

Patch released, 196MB. But servers are still offline probably, cannot access the game.

Servers are up and well.
Not going to like the change.
Racing line with dirt/raid bikes = crap
Handling on bikes are crap along side the undocumented change of cars too.

While others are all good and everything there just changing things so it's not just one thing to make it more balanced they change all of it. Since some are saying bikes are still OP

They also broke the bikes in a catastrophic way,,,

(EDIT: Going to do a proof video, with video of me not touching any buttons, and this still reversing at over 100mph)
(EDIT 2: - Here it is,,, )

Last edited:
Well we know what new car we are going to get possibly next month in summit.
Ferrari F40
Which is currently playable through a community challenge faction mission.
Along with a MT and DF also a community faction mission.

Back