The daily race event change. Good or bad?

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 78 comments

The Daily Rave Event should be...

• 3 Races every week

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • 3 races daily

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • 2-3 races daily + 2-3 races weekly

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • other..

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters
Germany
Berlin, Germany
bmxmitch1
Personally, I'm not a fan of a daily change of tracks and settings. I liked to tune my car for a certain track and see whats the fastest I could go there over the week.
With only one day now I'll probably wont care as much anymore.
More events with maybe 2 daily races and 2 that last over the week would be a better solution IMO.
But whats your opinion? Do you like the constant change? With the big events starting this month too, maybe the daily events won't be as popular anyways?! Let PD know what you'll prefer. :)

And also, locking the car settings seems to be the worst decision out of them all! That made the online racing so much more interesting. Why remove it now? So its always one car dominating now? ...idk

edit: of course its not about a rave! :lol:

Last edited:
Daily raves have passed me by now!

I think one day isn't enough time to get dialled in on a track and get a few good races in, let alone three tracks unless you can commit pretty much the whole day to it. I've had around two hours play time, tend to start with my Astons and see how I go but today I've done about 10 quali laps on Suzuka then spent the rest of my time learning all the blind apexes and braking points on the Maggiore track (first in the Aston, then after a race I've done five laps in the Citroen GT). By the time I can next log on, tracks will have reset and I've managed one race where I was still learning the track.

Weekly reset, two 'stock' races in each class and one endurance race in each class so nine in total. That would be my ideal scenario and would give plenty of variation for the week

I agree that changing daily is probably too quick, but then again, weekly will seem too long some weeks depending on the track and vehicle combinations. Personally, this last week was great, but the one before was less fun.
This might be too much, but I'd suggest 7 sets of 3 that each change on a different day of the week -- in other words, 21 races available at a time, with 3 new ones every day, and lasting a week (like the A,B,C last a week now).

I'm happy with the change. Shorter means more exciting races, as players get less time to perfectionate their laps, I'm already seeing a more diverse grid in Gr.4. However, some of the penalties on the current Lago Maggiore track are silly, already got a 20 sec one for running wide (even lifted), and a 5-sec one for running wide towards that downhill/uphill hairpin, crashing frontal into the tyre barrier, which caused me to get stuck, had to reverse and then got a 5 sec penalty when I re-entered the tarmac, did not win time obviously and no other players where close. However, you can cut almost every corner without getting a penalty. This really needs to be worked on.

I would prefer if they only changed the road car races daily and left the gr4 and gr3 races the same for at least 3-4 days.

Not a fan of not being able to do setups either, it doesn't make any sense if you want a more balanced group of cars.

I’d like some races (mainly Gr.4 and Gr.3) to run for 3-4 days as that lets people improve over time. Have N-Class or spec-race events rotate daily, but anything with BoP needs time and tuning.

Also, those events could allow tuning so that people like @MINKIHL can help out the community with their knowledge.

i would:

3 sportmode races:
1x BoP without tuning 4-5 laps changing race daily, one grp3 and one grp4 and one grp1

Random mode: Daily changing, 3 laps no setup
grp4: depends on track 5 laps minimum tuning allowed always
grp3: 8-10 minimum laps, tuning allowed
grp1: 15-20 laps tuning allowed

then theres for everyone something

I like it weekly, but would add a 4th 24 car 30 minute endurance race that requires a pit stop. Endurance races rotate between the three GR classes.

Some people who are suggesting more than the 3 races might not realize that too many races would thin the participation in each one too much. Last week, having one gr.3 race that ran once per hour is a method of maintaining a stronger participation count per race, than having the races more frequently or more races.

Personally I like the limited number of races and times for this reason, so each race has maximum amount of people qeueing for good matchmaking.

I would vote for the same tracks staying around for 3-4 days to get more proficient at it each day. I had lots of fun on gr.3 nurburgring, after 10 races my lap time dropped 2 seconds from when i began and i had a real good feel for the track, I enjoyed getting better at it.

Some people who are suggesting more than the 3 races might not realize that too many races would thin the participation in each one too much. Last week, having one gr.3 race that ran once per hour is a method of maintaining a stronger participation count per race, than having the races more frequently or more races.

Personally I like the limited number of races and times for this reason, so each race has maximum amount of people qeueing for good matchmaking.

I would vote for the same tracks staying around for 3-4 days to get more proficient at it each day. I had lots of fun on gr.3 nurburgring, after 10 races my lap time dropped 2 seconds from when i began and i had a real good feel for the track, I enjoyed getting better at it.

If they're having problems with enough people for matchmaking, get rid of the region lock. Also the 4th endurance race can start every 60-90 mins so it wont take alot of people away from the other events

Hardly. I may be a better driver than you but you may be a better tuner. You should not have an advantage to leave the field standing still because you can tune a car to ride on rails.

thats the difference in motorsport, i dont think that hamilton is a glitcher only because he can tune his car better for the gp than bottas?...

fast is fast, if i have to be fast like u, i have to get better skills, if iam faster than u cause my setups are better then urs, u have to learn it, competition is competition, simulation is simulation, game is game it has to be for everyone (talking only about sportmode)

to put everything to setup only dailies would be also be a mistake...

but a game without tuning is not a sim.. its mariokart on wii

I voted for other. I think one week is too long for 3 tracks, but one day (as the current situation) is too short, that's why there has to be a balance, something like change the tracks every 3-4 days. The other idea 2-3 races daily + 2-3 races weekly is also good but I don't think we would see it implemented any soon because I assume PD would stick to 3 tracks.

Is there a place we can go to give PD some feedback on that move? Because frankly, I think it's a bad one! People will hardly have anytime to learn the tracks. A week was definitely too long to have the dailies IMO, but keeping them for 3 or 4 days would have been good enough.

thats the difference in motorsport, i dont think that hamilton is a glitcher only because he can tune his car better for the gp than bottas?...

Really? Seriously? They have a team of engineers that tune F1 cars. Even NASCAR has dedicated engineers to tune the car. Drivers give feedback, they don’t make the adjustments.

Mercedes has a power advantage and their wheelbase is longer than most of the cars. F1 has lots of rules, surprisingly they aren’t adding weight to those cars to have a real balance, like other sanctioning bodies. But, they don’t have a rule for that. They think aero bits have more of an advantage than power. So, they are pretty strict on that.

Even Saturday night short track racers have a mechanic who makes the adjustments for the driver. Sure there are some who grab a wrench. But why do it when there is a team of ten or more armed with laptops analyzing the data to make adjustments.

Really? Seriously? They have a team of engineers that tune F1 cars. Even NASCAR has dedicated engineers to tune the car. Drivers give feedback, they don’t make the adjustments.

Mercedes has a power advantage and their wheelbase is longer than most of the cars. F1 has lots of rules, surprisingly they aren’t adding weight to those cars to have a real balance, like other sanctioning bodies. But, they don’t have a rule for that. They think aero bits have more of an advantage than power. So, they are pretty strict on that.

Even Saturday night short track racers have a mechanic who makes the adjustments for the driver. Sure there are some who grab a wrench. But why do it when there is a team of ten or more armed with laptops analyzing the data to make adjustments.

ok after rethinking the hamilton argument, ur right mate.

Its still a valid argument. Bottas and Hamilton dont drive the same setups. They both have to work with their own engineer and team to set the car up to their personal liking.

Overall I welcome it and I won't judge it just yet. But as I see it there are some pros and cons.

Pros:
- More variety in races throughout the week
- A slightly more even playing field as all people get less time practicing
- More cars will become viable as there's less time to figure out which ones are the best ones
- Less focus on tuning and more on actual driving

Cons:
- Less time to master a track and a specific car and setup
- No greater feeling of progression throughout the week
- Bound to be more mistakes from drivers as there's less time for practicing
- The risk of missing a particular race because you weren't available that day

Cheers!

I completely understand the importance of tuning. Which is why resources like GTPlanet are invaluable. I’ve always hoped PD would set up all of the cars with what they think is an optimized setup as one of the tuning sheets.

The topic as a whole, changing daily is a bad idea. Not everyone can race every single day. Seven days is too long if there aren’t any offerings you like.

Daily change is BAD.

I put in all the time I could to learn one of the tracks last night, didn't quite get to winning potential but can feel I'd be there with a little more track time. I also didn't get to try the other two events at all. I had to get some sleep so only did 2 races, but knowing when I get home from work that race will be gone means wasted effort - so I got up at 5:30am to have another crack at it before work. Can't stay on track when I'm just out of bed.

I'm going to quit sport mode mid-week if it will be like this, there's no point.

Back