The Do's, Don'ts and Facts of Remote Racing

• Thread starter WRECKU
  • 81 comments
That's a good point, make sure you leave everyone at least 1 driver in case they are also hosting :)

Agreed, but what about this thought?

If I find a player with 5 or 6 drivers and only one is being used I have assumed that this is a host driver, thus I would use all their drivers.

Is this reasonable or should I just use a "leave one" policy?

^^^ I was thinking the same. If one Bob was crossed out, I was grabbing all the rest. It's a logical assumption, but I wonder now.

Do pick your lowest ranked Bobs as your online ones and let everyone else race them. They will level up very quickly!

Do not forget about your friends at the bottom of your friends list. The list is in alphabetical order and your friends with V - W - X - Y - Z may never get raced.
I alternate every race to ensure everyone gets raced. :)

you can choose how your friends are listed eg highest level a spec friend or b spec, ID is alphabetical. May i also reccomend cashing in your credits if you are using a low class bob, mine was still racing at 0 class until i cashed him
PSN ID DeanJeff

Agreed, but what about this thought?

If I find a player with 5 or 6 drivers and only one is being used I have assumed that this is a host driver, thus I would use all their drivers.

Is this reasonable or should I just use a "leave one" policy?

I would just do the 'leave one' policy.

Just now I wanted to host a race but I can't because all six of my drivers are already racing. It's slightly annoying. =/

I'd also suggest sticking to the "always leave one" policy.

Sometimes I'll use only one driver from a friend because I only need one more bob to fill the 16th spot in the race I'm hosting.

It's already been suggested (more than once) in this thread, but since this appears to be heavily-discussed issue, creating a 2nd PSN account and hosting races from there completely removes any issues surrounding the "don't race all bobs from a single user so they can host" confusion. This gives you the added bonus of adding bobs from your primary account. Another tip is to only maintain one bob on your 2nd account, so when other people are hosting races, they should be smart enough to leave that bob alone :)

Fact you can over 999,999 credits.

A Big Thank You to all those that race my Bobs. :cheers:

img2087f.jpg

I'm guessing the cap is at 20mil since that is the cap for how much credits you can hold at once.

Maybe Bob has no cap and if he is has 50M on his account he may be able to transfer 20M to the main account. I guess we need some brave soul to test this. :)

DO: make six drivers! Never understood why people are level thirty and only have two drivers when they don't even need to use the other four just have them lap endlessly and collect dead presidents :P

DO: Use a web browser to set up races instead of the console itself. I'm finding it much faster to go through the list of drivers in a browser whereas the console seems to reload the list every time you add some drivers from someones PSN ID.

Don't close the browser containing your GT5 Home profile while trying to set up remote races.

I just used the console and closed the original profile page and I couldn't load a single race.

Tried again with the profile window open and it was all ok.

PS Sorry if this is the same as mentioned above, I was in two minds as to whether it was the same thing.

Better safe than sorry!

Do keep a list of the people who hosted races with your bobs so you can pay them back

and an instruction for your PS3

Don't crash or lose the network!! (important! :)

Have some friends that would trust you with their account and PS3 in standby mode?

DO borrow it so you can get more races going!

don't immediately delete friends who don't seem to be racing your bobs, it could be that are all being used when they try to. i know there have been several times i've tried to race someone and all their bobs were busy. so maybe give them a few days before cutting off the leechers.

Don't use all of your friends B-Spec drivers if they're online (they can't race and earn you money if they have no drivers).

Moot point. Actually, what is the average of time people are going to dedicate to remote racing? Maybe 1-2 hours a day, no more... It's very unlikely that ALL your drivers should remain unavailable for a long period.

And what if you're having only 1 driver?

Do check a suspected leecher's LOG before deleting. I host so many races, I can't even keep track of whom I have raced and might have missed out on somebody. Pretty sure other people are similar, too.

Moot point. Actually, what is the average of time people are going to dedicate to remote racing? Maybe 1-2 hours a day, no more... It's very unlikely that ALL your drivers should remain unavailable for a long period.

And what if you're having only 1 driver?
Well, it's really how long is long. It took me 20 minutes to get a guy freed up.

To my boss:

DO forgive me for running races constantly today from 9 in the morning til 5.30...

:lol:
LOL :gtpflag:

ItWasntMe
To my boss:

DO forgive me for running races constantly today from 9 in the morning til 5.30...

:lol:

Haha! They block the GT5 website at my work, iPhone ftw.

Found out: even if you don't have friends, you can create another account and use the 1 driver from the lvl 0, while friended with your other account you can run 6 person races all day.

DO: make six drivers! Never understood why people are level thirty and only have two drivers when they don't even need to use the other four just have them lap endlessly and collect dead presidents :P

It is suggested that one take four drivers to race endurance races. If the person who shows 2 Bobs available for remote racing is also racing endurance, then that means he don't give a $%# about hosting races themselves because his system is occupied. Drop them. Move on. If they don't share six, drop 'em.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sancho

You have to host drivers as well as be hosted - rule 1.

Haha! They block the GT5 website at my work, iPhone ftw.

Found out: even if you don't have friends, you can create another account and use the 1 driver from the lvl 0, while friended with your other account you can run 6 person races all day.

How are you using the iPhone to host races? Isn't there a flash or some crap issue? I would like to use my iPhone so some info would be dearly appreciated.

SP

It is suggested that one take four drivers to race endurance races. If the person who shows 2 Bobs available for remote racing is also racing endurance, then that means he don't give a $%# about hosting races themselves because his system is occupied. Drop them. Move on. If they don't share six, drop 'em.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sancho

You have to host drivers as well as be hosted - rule 1.

He could just be taking them off momentarily, which is what I do when everyone else is sleeping occasionally lol.

My original reply was more directed towards people who are level 28 bspec and only have 2 drivers. I know they don't have any more because I click on their name over a span of days and still only 2 are up.

Back