The Do's, Don'ts and Facts of Remote Racing

• Thread starter WRECKU
  • 81 comments
Haha! They block the GT5 website at my work, iPhone ftw.

Found out: even if you don't have friends, you can create another account and use the 1 driver from the lvl 0, while friended with your other account you can run 6 person races all day.

In doing this do you still get the same amount of money/exp?

DaihatsuDriver
Do, Write a note in your community messages if you won't be able to host for a couple days so people don't think your freeloading.

👍 This is a great point. I'll be culling anyone who hasn't hosted a single race for any of my 6 drivers in the last 5 days unless they have some message saying unable to host as on hols etc.

👍 This is a great point. I'll be culling anyone who hasn't hosted a single race for any of my 6 drivers in the last 5 days unless they have some message saying unable to host as on hols etc.

Thats kind of ridgid, some people just dont care for B spec or they get tired of doing them.

I'm personally not worried if my friends dont remote race as much as I do.

Dont worry if your friends dont reciprocate after you race them, Its all for fun. There's not need to stigmatize those who dont do so. Plus not everyone is going to have that kind of message up.

Last edited:
I will mention this one again please do not take the racers last driver.

They cannot host races then and another 16 racers lose out.

What has bloody happened to etiquette on the remote races, been trying to host for 40 minutes now and all my bobs are being used!

What has bloody happened to etiquette on the remote races, been trying to host for 40 minutes now and all my bobs are being used!

When you can, read your log and find out who used your last bob, send them a message asking them not to do it in future, if they keep doing it remove them.

I have the feeling too, that the website is a little slow. It appears that some drivers are free when if you click on them, they're not available.

So I could easily see how someone could see, say 4 of 6 drivers free, and take 2 when in fact the other 4 drivers are all racing already.

Do, Write a note in your community messages if you won't be able to host for a couple days so people don't think your freeloading.

Before deleting a friend, read if he left some messages on his messageboard?

Not all use BSpec the same way, post how you are using it on your message board or in your profile.

DO check the B-spec Grinder: Automate remote races.
In an upcoming version the widget (created by Yonis) will have the option to prioritize users that have been using your bobs as well.

DON'T expect everyone to start as much races as you do.
Some days I run 20-ish races, but can't expect everyone in my list to do the same.
On the other hand, there are times when I don't remote race a few days in a row.
Doesn't mean I expext anyone to race my bobs just as much, doesn't mean I'm trying to freeload.
(My misses found out what the buzzing sound was when I'm off to work... And now she has figured out how to shut down the PS3.... clever girl >_> )

And 2 that already have been mention:
DO return the favor for people that run your bobs now and than... nobody like a freeloader.
DO leave a bob free, so they race them selves.

Fact you can over 999,999 credits.

A Big Thank You to all those that race my Bobs. :cheers:

img2087f.jpg

Whaat the.....?

Your bobs have won every single race (except the first)........ lol

Got some tips for me???
Mines are like, 10won/70 races

DO keep in mind that some of us (me) is working 4 weeks offshore in the gulf of mexico and will not be able to host during this time.....

If I only had the nerve to leave my PS3 FAT on for 4 weeks,... would probably be a suicide mission for the old trooper.

Much appreciate you use/abuse my BOB's meanwhile. (StCamus, SweetRacer69, bd260f, Chaosdd, Wrecku, ZznightzZ, jcpedia and EnzoDbr9 + many more)
I'll do my best to repay you when I get home...

Last edited:
Whaat the.....?

Got some tips for me???

I doubt his Bobs won every single race. Just by looking at the earnings, he probably hasn't updated/collected them. Thus, hasn't collected the wins/losses as well.

I doubt his Bobs won every single race. Just by looking at the earnings, he probably hasn't updated/collected them. Thus, hasn't collected the wins/losses as well.

And...(looking over my glasses), the experience bar is full, thus indicating that these drivers were run with coaching in the original B-spec mode and not fully, or even noticeably, developed through online b-specs.

Whaat the.....?

Got some tips for me???

lol when this photo was taken I had never updated my Bob's so they look like real winners. Today the story is a little different and they all have plenty of losses except for Vettel. I am trying to see if I can get him past $9,999,999 so have not updated him.

lol when this photo was taken I had never updated my Bob's so they look like real winners. Today the story is a little different and they all have plenty of losses except for Vettel. I am trying to see if I can get him past $9,999,999 so have not updated him.

ah, ok...

please do remember to race the people at the top of the list I get about 1 race a day because everyone thinks that everyone else is only racing the people at the top of the list

WRECKU
Do be aware of the fact if you host the Trial Mountain 12 lap race that the person who draws the VW W12 Nardo Concept will in most cases be the clear winner. :)

The person who draws the Aston Martin V8 Vantage will most likely be in dead last. :yuck:

Do feel sorry for the poor soul who gets the Panoz Esperante on the Le Sarthe event. Guaranteed last place...by a lot...regardless of level

Agreed, but what about this thought?

If I find a player with 5 or 6 drivers and only one is being used I have assumed that this is a host driver, thus I would use all their drivers.

Is this reasonable or should I just use a "leave one" policy?

My bf leaves 2 of his guys regularly off-line I think because he's doing some kind of experiment by not remote racing them. So his friends only see 4 bobs. And we don't have tons of friends, so it could easily be that one of his friends is racing just one of his bobs atm.
I usually leave one free & favour the friends who have no bobs being raced atm.
Unless I can't fill a race, then I'll take the last one if they're offline. But that doesn't happen much anymore since we got a few more friends.

Don't crash or lose the network!! (important! :)

What happens if you disconnect from the network during a race? It happened to me once, but I signed right back on, and as far as I could tell, it registered the wins.

don't immediately delete friends who don't seem to be racing your bobs, it could be that are all being used when they try to. i know there have been several times i've tried to race someone and all their bobs were busy. so maybe give them a few days before cutting off the leechers.

YES!! I can't do remote races every day. And sometimes it just happens when I'm running them, the 2 friends who race my bobs the most have no available guys. Of course I would add bobs from those friends who run mine lots, first before adding all of the bobs from friends who don't do it often. But I don't have many friends, so I can usually get one bob from each friend in every race, if they're available, then add the extras from people who run mine lots. Sometimes they're just not available, & I really hope those friends don't think I'm just ignoring their bobs!

Latest Posts

Back