The Dreaded Standstill

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT787B
  • 21 comments
  • 1,636 views
Messages
65
United States
Chicago
Messages
AaronRacer12
Messages
InboardLeak51
I'm at the dreaded standstill. Please help!!!!
:nervous:
 
Whats the dreaded standstill ?
 
Can't beat nascar?

Need a FGT?

Or the infamous Red Bull Death Sentence
 
What..? is this some kind of inside joke?

If you're looking for help or advice being cryptic isn't the best way to go about doing that :lol:
 
Did your game just freeze up like mine at the intro movie?:nervous:
 
Engage first and pop the clutch! Let's get going!!
 
The dreaded standstill, for those who don't know, is a mixture of mediocre driving abilities, poor spending habits, and limited spending ability, that really only happens to amatures. And no, I cam beat NASCAR, but I think I'm going to address that in a different thread; I think my tactic for beating it might be cheating.
 
The dreaded standstill, for those who don't know, is a mixture of mediocre driving abilities, poor spending habits, and limited spending ability, that really only happens to amatures.

Still doesn't really explain the problem you're having...
 
I think it's the not enough credits to buy certain cars to beat the game, not enough skill to beat cars to achieve the credits?
 
The dreaded standstill, for those who don't know, is a mixture of mediocre driving abilities, poor spending habits, and limited spending ability, that really only happens to amatures. And no, I cam beat NASCAR, but I think I'm going to address that in a different thread; I think my tactic for beating it might be cheating.

You've turned GT5 into the American Economy :nervous:
 
Online Seasonal races are your friend (maybe)
 
Need money and experience? Play Seasonal Events. Especially after spending a couple days building your log-in bonus to 200%. You'll be sitting pretty for money and be Level 40 in no time. Also find your favorite events in the seasonals that pay the most money and grind them. I suggest grinding in cycles of five, since 5 races is how many it takes to fully cycle the used car dealership. Don't exit the race menu after winning, just start again and it will count as another day. (Which also works just by pausing the race and exiting, you don't have to run the race, if you're looking to collect every car as fast as possible).

If you like running Nurb, there a 650pp seasonal with Nurb, 1 million for a 1 lap race. There's a Ferrari Seasonal on Nurb GP, which you can use a Ferrari with like over 100PP less than the field, and still win if you cut the last chicane on every lap (and not crash doing it lol). If you win it you get like 6 million with the PP adjustment and 200%.

But you don't even need to do the grinding. Just clearing all the seasonals without really grinding like that still gives you TONS of cash with the 200% bonus.
 
Strange. Maybe he's not online? I thought GT5 was the easiest game to get money and cars in. Well, online anyway. Try TDU2 if you think GT5 is hard.

GT5 strictly offline of course is murder.
 
I don't have 24/7 internet so 99.5% of my ps3ing is offline

gt5 is a prick to lvl 40 offline, I've had gt5 since mid 2011 and look at my sig for lvl details.
 
I'm at the dreaded standstill. Please help!!!!
:nervous:

If you're a crap driver and you're offline then B-Spec is your friend.

If you're a crap driver and you're online then it's the seasonals.

Not really any other way to help.
 
This happened to me in Midnight club once... I hit a point where I didn't have fast enough cars to win the next series of races, and didn't have enough money to buy/tune cars to make them good enough. It's a never ending cycle... :nervous:
 
I don't have 24/7 internet so 99.5% of my ps3ing is offline

gt5 is a prick to lvl 40 offline, I've had gt5 since mid 2011 and look at my sig for lvl details.

Ah! A soul brother.

Never fear. It can be done. GT5 Version 1.0 is one of the most brutal and obsessive racing/car-collecting games to beat and complete.

For those that don't believe me - wipe your PS3, disconnect it from the internet, slip in the original disc and start playing - and keep on playing till you pass levels 35 for both A-Spec and B-Spec. Then we'll talk.
It's a whole different game.

I have never connected my game to the internet - though I'm very nearly there - I wanted to progress as far as possible in the game before I went back to the buffet and turned famine into feast; from what I hear GT5 online is a veritable smorgasbord of credits, cars, and automotive mayhem.
I have beaten all the races except for the 24 Hr Enduros, and the FGT; though I have an FGT I've not really been ready enough take that tour yet, and am leaving it for some vicarious enjoyment later.
I've earned millions and bought or won almost all the cars that are available in the game offline - no trading, buying, glitching, duping, sponging, etc, etc.. . . just grinding, watching the UCD, spending judiciously, selling when I have to, and also being rewarded tremndously by the game's almost intuitive grasp of how I'm personally playing the game.
I've heard people say the game 'almost reads my mind'. Play long enough like this in the one mode, unadultrated by patches, repatches, tweaks, and glitches, and you will find that it does seem like the game reads one's mind; my analysis of it so far is that the game reads your inputs - and outputs appropriately. It's not totally random. There is an If P/Then Q at work here.
An example - let's say you are trying to beat 'Like the Wind' - keep trying to win it long enough in an 'unappropriate' car - and suddenly you'll find the 'appropriate' cars appearing in your UCD. Or it just happens to be the moment you win a #1000 ticket - and 'voila' - there's the LMP you need.
Do the DTM 10 times, and look in the UCD - DTM cars!

First principle of the original game is judicious money management (destroyed by online seasonals).

Second - follow the flow of the game - get your licences, and do the specials and watch the money and cars flow in (I think Mr. Slow who runs on a budget knows this stuff well.)

Third - Get yourself a car ( e.g. Ford GT) that can beat the Indy at the American C'Ships, and grind that - it's quick enough money, and after every five races watch the UCD. The way you cycle the UCD matters. Skip steps and it snaps back into malaise. Play it right and you'll find the oddest cars pop-up amidst the usual background of 'stocked' cars. (This is why no one's list seems to match exactly.) Skip the temptations, they'll be back - get the cars you only really need. Save the money and don't spend till you've passed the 10 M mark - then relax - you have enough money now to buy most any car you need, and if that Bentley Speed 8 pops into the UCD you are ready. Maybe after 10 M you can 'force' the UCD to spit out what you want, by trying the right races, or doing the 'right' thing. The UCD is watching. All the time. And so is the Santa Claus who hands out Gift Tickets and that Pot-of-Gold #1000 Ticket. You may be surprised by the very car you are hunting for.

In addition - grind the races you like racing - use different cars - and through this process you will start to earn money, cycle the UCD, and also do lots of racing - The Euro C'Ships, DTM, and Like the Wind also pay well while giving you opportunities for close racing in several different cars. Get yourself a car that can beat the Dream Car C'Ships - and rake in the money everytime you complete - 4 consecutive wins and you can even abort from there and pick up the Series win.

Fourth - leave the New Car (Premium) dealers alone. Remember these cars are all yours - safely stored away in the NCD, not taking up space in your garage, and the only thing you need to take one out for a spin is to buy it. When you need it. You still 'own' it - it's on the disc. And in the game. Yours to look at - like it's in your garage. Don't take one out unless you want to.

Fifth - Train your B-Spec bots appropriately - and is it your imagination or do they (and the AI that races against you in A-Spec) seem to pick up on your racing habits - and get as only as good as you? Judge for yourself. Let them loose whenever you have time in the right cars so that they can earn money for you and keep cycling the UCD - the PD Cup and Dream Car C'Ships are good choices for reaping a couple of million per day via B-Spec bots.

Yeah. The Offline Game is murder. Did I say that before?

These are some of the tips I have to offer to get you unstuck. Don't give up on the game. It can be very rewarding later.
Strange thing, - get past Level 35 - and suddenly you'll find you have a driving sim with all the goodies in line, a seemingly enigmatic and intuitive interface - and one you'll keep going back to for an endless variety of driving/racing fixes. And yes . . . suddenly the AI seem to adopt 'personalities.' Actually it is only one AI - split into different fragments - the whole of it making this quirky personality called GT5 that I battle with - for everything. Sometimes I beat it. That in itself is a fix.

I gave up daily playing about a year ago . . . but I still boot the disc up now and then to give me the thrills (and cars, and handling, and graphics, and outright playful game-interaction) that only GT5 can give me.
I'll be ruining my game soon - there is no way to savegame my progress in V 1.0. As soon as I go online and loose my virgin GT, I know that it's going to be a whole different game. Add people. And Marketing.

Don't give up - you ain't really stuck, just impatient. Keep playing the game. Nice to know there is another madman around.

Just watch out for Article 6, Section 13 of the Manual. That's where the real frustrations begin.
 
Not to disagree with you, photonrider, since you do have a lot of good advice for the OP, but the UCD follows a set pattern. It does not adapt or change to fit, or not fit, what you need, or don't need.

At one time, the UCD was more of a mystery than it is now, and it would be safe to assume the things that you've said about it. Sometimes it does seem like the car that you need does magically appear at the right time. I've seen it myself.

However, I've also seen how the UCD works from a different angle. If you go to http://gt5cars.net/ and use the UCD Search on there you'll see exactly what comes up and when.

Feel free to keep track of it along with playing your game. I decided awhile back that I wanted one of every car from the UCD, and so I kept track of it. I kept it open while playing and clicked the next day button when I'd run a race or anything that advanced it, and it followed and predicted my UCD list exactly; no deviations at all.

At one time, it was thought that the list was ever-changing, but since they have filled in all of the gaps and it's now a complete list. The difference between one player and another? We just start at different places on the list.

I just wanted to let you know the details about that. Good advice, aside from that technicality. 👍
 
Not to disagree with you, photonrider, since you do have a lot of good advice for the OP, but the UCD follows a set pattern.....................................

At one time, the UCD was more of a mystery than it is now, and it would be safe to assume the things that you've said about it. Sometimes it does seem like the car that you need does magically appear at the right time. I've seen it myself.
............................................

I just wanted to let you know the details about that. Good advice, aside from that technicality. 👍

Yes. I'm glad you applied that mindset to it. The UCD is a mystery - and so are the way the #1000 Tickets come up. I kept handwritten track of the UCD - page upon page of it, till it started to 'recycle' - then I noticed that while there was 'seemingly' a set pattern, there were also anomalies.
Meanwhile Lists #1 and #2 had been posted and I compared my list to those and while I found similarities, I also found strange 'jumps' in the way it would present the cars - again almost that 'mind-reading' game that the game plays.
I feel that while there is a sort of 'benchmark' list, there is also an 'effect' that causes 'random' (if you will) handouts of cars.
So while there seems to be a general tapestry that is recognisable, there are threads hidden in the tapestry that appear and disappear . . . at will(?).
Part of the magic of the game I guess.
Thanks for helping me clarify.

I have taken shots of the strange moments in the UCD - packed with LMPs for instance. Will upload them when possible, and maybe we can have a closer look at what is going on. ;)
 
Back