• 38 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
I noticed some bugs after the new update, don't know if they have always been there as I only recently started getting into it.

1) Was racing in an event & all of a sudden there was a weird noise then all the sound disappeared. Had to quit game & fire it up again to fix it.

2) Connection to the servers was lost a few times & I got kicked out of an online time trial event (not lobby).

3) Had a weird one where I tried to check for an update, but it just hung on the loading icon. This is probably a PS4 bug as I wasn't in-game at the time. Even after resetting the PS4 the bug was still there. Had to eject the disc & reset the PS4 to fix it.

Many bugs have already been squashed, as the game has been out for a while. But have you encountered any new ones, or old ones that haven't been dealt with yet?

2) is probably a server issue (probably they were doing maintenance), didn't encounter number one before.

I keep getting bugs online where if I place in first it will say on the leaderboard I come second. Obviously if it has been an intense race this is quite annoying. Sometimes it happens the other way round and it says I'm first but I think Evolution can leave that in if they want :lol:

I had a sound crash too - only the engine sounds & atmospherics, menu music was ok. Restarting the game resolved that.

I just encountered a weird one that I can't seem to find a solution for.

I'm currently on version 1.15, trying to download 1.16. The problem is that my PS4 wants to download ALL of the updates, instead of just 1.16. My Application Data file is fine, because I can start the game, and it's clearly running on 1.15. I've tried restarting my PS4 and rebuilding the database. My PS4 is also up to date on updates.

Any suggestions?

I just encountered a weird one that I can't seem to find a solution for.

I'm currently on version 1.15, trying to download 1.16. The problem is that my PS4 wants to download ALL of the updates, instead of just 1.16. My Application Data file is fine, because I can start the game, and it's clearly running on 1.15. I've tried restarting my PS4 and rebuilding the database. My PS4 is also up to date on updates.

Any suggestions?
It also happenned to me on the 1.16, so my PS4 downloaded all 10GB. Patches 1.17 and 1.18 were downloaded normally, just MB.

But there is no 1.17 or 1.18...

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this without downloading all of the updates? 10 GB would take quite a long time for me.

I had it freeze (hang) on the main Evolution Studios Black screen and not go into the game a few times, also it did the same in photomode a few times -all before the last update..Since then it has been fine this week.

Fix was to press-PS button come out of game-reboot and was ok-removed disc as well

Having this all day- won't let me in to the game just freezes (hangs) on the Loading screen (Evolution Studios)-I can eject the disc now but nothing..Has anyone else had this or having trouble getting into the game? :(

Edit: I think it could be down to my Internet which has been down on/off most the day and I have been trying when it was off I think. I didn't think you had to be online to play the disc but it is looking that way having tested it now a few times on/off the disc only works when I am connected to PS briefly? Is this right or should you be able to play off line? Can anyone check if they have a disc and internet off as well would be much appreciated..Thanks Torque99 :cheers:

Last edited:
@torque99 - I checked for you just now. I have the disc version, turned off my router & was able to load the game & play with no problems.

The answer is probably obvious to many of you so please take it easy on me, I'm technology challenged.

I just updated DC to 1.17 and it was more than 10gb in size. I understood that it was a relatively small update. So, judging by size, why did it seem to download all the previous updates too? I've had other updates that only came in at a few hundred mb. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks.

The answer is probably obvious to many of you so please take it easy on me, I'm technology challenged.

I just updated DC to 1.17 and it was more than 10gb in size. I understood that it was a relatively small update. So, judging by size, why did it seem to download all the previous updates too? I've had other updates that only came in at a few hundred mb. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong, as there have been a few folks who reported similar.

Firstly, did it actually take longer than normal? If not, then it's just the way that the PS4 handles patch downloads according to Evolution - confuses most people into thinking it's doing the whole shebang again. If it is taking longer, then maybe there's a problem with the way that PS Store has activated it. I'm sure that Evolution have got onto them about this, in view of the feedback so far received.

This is just guess-work by the way.

Thanks for the quick reply. My internet is pathetically slow, 40 minutes plus to download 1gb most of the time (That's as good as it gets out in the boonies). The "activity" light on my router was going the whole time. I did check the status bar a few times, at 2,5,7, and 9 gb downloaded, hence my assumption that the whole 10gb was downloaded.

As long as I'm not the only one, I don't feel so bad. I thought I had missed a setting or something. Thanks again.

Thank you @VBR I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but it doesn't seem to like being offline and working the disc-I will have a go later today to see what's what!-appreciate your time 👍👍

Having this all day- won't let me in to the game just freezes (hangs) on the Loading screen (Evolution Studios)-I can eject the disc now but nothing..Has anyone else had this or having trouble getting into the game? :(

Edit: I think it could be down to my Internet which has been down on/off most the day and I have been trying when it was off I think. I didn't think you had to be online to play the disc but it is looking that way having tested it now a few times on/off the disc only works when I am connected to PS briefly? Is this right or should you be able to play off line? Can anyone check if they have a disc and internet off as well would be much appreciated..Thanks Torque99 :cheers:
Okay, not wanting to worry you, but one of the people on FB was talking about a similar situation where his PS4 started having problems first with randomly ejecting the disc then not reading it at all (only the DC disc apparently). He is currently getting the PS4 replaced.

I know you aren't getting any error messages and it's just hanging, but you might want to start cloud-saving your game, just in case the one problem becomes the other.

Like I say though, it's probably just the online thing like you suggest (maybe the game needs to check for updates on boot up before progressing further.) I just mentioned the other thing in case.

Thanks @MeanElf :boggled:- I am already getting restless with the thought of this now - not getting my addiction on Drive Club/Photomode for a week :nervous::nervous:! :lol:
Oh dear - what is the internet problem? have you rebooted your router - that usually speeds the connection up as BT tend to update and not tell anyone, which slows connections down until that's done.

Like I say though, as you aren't getting any error messages, you're probably quite safe from the doom scenario - I only mentioned it as the fella who brought it up on FB was more concerned about his accumulated fame, club position and the rest so saving to the PS+ cloud would assuage that fear.

When I updated to 1.17 it only took a few minutes, I didn't get the bug where it tried to download all the updates again. I have ADSL & get about 13mb download speed.

Thanks @MeanElf & @VBR I think It was a DNS server problem (external I think)- I have done nothing different and my Internet seems to work today fine-including DC even when I didn't connect-So I don't know why but I have had this twice lately..I Will monitor it and any more will post in this thread. Thanks for your help 👍

Unfortunately, the bug just happened to me. Been out on a business travel, just turned my PS4 on and it started downloading all 10 gigs of updates instead of adding just the 1.17 data.

Crap...

Last edited:
Well, I was thinking... I'm not just updating to 1.17, because I also skipped the 1.16 update. So, I believe that when you forget to do the individual updates on the correct dates, the system forces you to get the bigger update pack, with all previous updates applied... a cummulative update.

This is exactly what happens on Xbox One system updates for those on the dashboard preview program. If you update correctly, the patches are small (up to 250 megabytes). But if you skip an update and have to do a cummulative one, the file you get is 2 gigabyte in size, with all updates that came before.

Well, I was thinking... I'm not just updating to 1.17, because I also skipped the 1.16 update. So, I believe that when you forget to do the individual updates on the correct dates, the system forces you to get the bigger update pack, with all previous updates applied... a cummulative update.

This is exactly what happens on Xbox One system updates for those on the dashboard preview program. If you update correctly, the patches are small (up to 250 megabytes). But if you skip an update and have to do a cummulative one, the file you get is 2 gigabyte in size, with all updates that came before.

Sounds like that might be the issue. I have been downloading each update as it comes out & never had this problem. I hope Evolution Studios are aware of this!

If anyone with a Twitter account wants to make them aware of this thread, that would be great.

👍

VBR
Sounds like that might be the issue. I have been downloading each update as it comes out & never had this problem. I hope Evolution Studios are aware of this!

If anyone with a Twitter account wants to make them aware of this thread, that would be great.

👍
Trust me, they know as there are a enough people who have posted similar up on Twitter and FB alike.

It doesn't look like I'm going to be getting the update soon, I just found out that the massive 10GB download swallowed over 5GB of my data overnight, and left me with almost nothing. My ISP isn't going to be happy when they see my usage stats. They really punish you for missing an update.

It's quiet in here init, you should see the Project CARS forum!

:sly:

Latest Posts

Back