The Easiest Ways to Make Money in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 692 comments
I wonder why no one is discussing the easiest and least expensive way to earn money (or maybe I missed it in this very long thread)

The 700pp 30 minute endurance at LeMans. Pretty much any car at, or near 700PP can win. They are fast enough to pull away on the straights against the GR4 cars. You can tip-toe around them to almost guarantee a CRB

You will need Racing Hard, Racing Full Wets, and a 700pp car (when fitted with RH tires). Start the race on racing hards and map 6 (you can do 5, but you may as well use 6 for shorter pit stops)

At the end of lap 2, pit for full wets. The rain will start pretty much as you leave the pits if not sooner. The next four laps will be wet. Watch the radar for clearing skies. Pit at the end of lap 6 for a new set of hard tires. and cruise to victory.

I finished about 1 minute in the lead with the Countach last night, falling asleep here and there and bashing the guardrails. I still got 825k credits (550k + 50%)

Less demanding than Tokyo, with more chance of a CRB, less costly with more payout than Sardegna or Spa.

It's basically 8 laps of LeMans by yourself for an easy 825k

I wonder why no one is discussing the easiest and least expensive way to earn money (or maybe I missed it in this very long thread)

The 700pp 30 minute endurance at LeMans. Pretty much any car at, or near 700PP can win. They are fast enough to pull away on the straights against the GR4 cars. You can tip-toe around them to almost guarantee a CRB

You will need Racing Hard, Racing Full Wets, and a 700pp car (when fitted with RH tires). Start the race on racing hards and map 6 (you can do 5, but you may as well use 6 for shorter pit stops)

At the end of lap 2, pit for full wets. The rain will start pretty much as you leave the pits if not sooner. The next four laps will be wet. Watch the radar for clearing skies. Pit at the end of lap 6 for a new set of hard tires. and cruise to victory.

I finished about 1 minute in the lead with the Countach last night, falling asleep here and there and bashing the guardrails. I still got 825k credits (550k + 50%)

Less demanding than Tokyo, with more chance of a CRB, less costly with more payout than Sardegna or Spa.

Sardegna is faster that's why they are talking about it.

Brother, that’s what I’ve been trying to preach this whole time. My strategy is a little more variable than yours, but the same general principles apply.

Last edited:
Sardegna is faster that's why they are talking about it.
But it pays out less over the hour. Assuming you can get 3 Sardegna races in, it's 3*485000 credit (because CRB is tough on the first few laps), so that's 1,455,000

LeMans is an EASY EASY CRB, so it's 2*825000 per hour, or 1,650,000

and really it's the 20 minute to half hour comparison for me. I can run Sardegna for 20 minutes and get 485k (probably) or 727500 with CRB, but for an extra 10 minutes I get 825000 guaranteed, which seems to be the more rational choice.

They are all boring grinds. I do one or the other if I feel like it. I never do more than 1.

But it pays out less over the hour. Assuming you can get 3 Sardegna races in, it's 3*485000 credit (because CRB is tough on the first few laps), so that's 1,455,000

and really it's the 20 minute to half hour comparison for me. I can run Sardegna for 20 minutes and get 485k (probably) or 727500 with CRB, but for an extra 10 minutes I get 825000 guaranteed, which seems to be the more rational choice.

They are all boring grinds. I do one or the other if I feel like it. I never do more than 1.

Yes and if doing it purely for credits, lower difficulty to easy. Then you can try even wider range of cars and push them harder, at limits and still canter home 1st with the odd mistake... and still seem to get the crb after spinning off.

2J on Tokyo is objectively better money per hour. 825k every 25 minutes. Some people don’t like driving it, and that’s fine. But the correct answer to the question “what’s the best money per hour” is 2J on Tokyo. Having said that, most people are willing to sacrifice a slim margin if a different car/ race is more fun for them, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

I don't why you have a problem getting the CRB at Sardegna. I have done hundreds of races and the only time I did not get the CRB was when I got a penalty for passing under a yellow flag. I have hit cars many times and still got the CRB.

I don't why you have a problem getting the CRB at Sardegna. I have done hundreds of races and the only time I did not get the CRB was when I got a penalty for passing under a yellow flag. I have hit cars many times and still got the CRB.
I don't know either. The game isn't very communicative in that area (and it should be). The back section of the track gets tight and bunched up, and that's the only place where it could happen. The point is, I actually don't know why it's more difficult, but I rarely get the CRB at Sardegna, while I always get it at Le Mans, even though there has been contact.

Go figure.

I finally tried the Sardegna Gardens WTC 800 race, after much hesitation. Gave it a go in two cars, the 787B, as well as the CLK LM. Both were solid picks, although the CLK uses more fuel, more so than I'd like. At least the grip was better on it than on the 787B. Again, both worked like a charm. The AI wasn't as frustrating like on the Tokyo WTC 600 race.

727k credits (incl. clean racing bonus, which isn't hard to get) - a decent figure for a 25-something minute race. It is quite fun, and even tense! I was gripping the controller so hard that my left hand got cramps, lol.

Might even try that Circuit De La Sarthe race (the endurance one I think), see if that pays better or not.

Last edited:
I have to point out that the question is not the 'best money per hour', but rather, the 'easiest money per hour'. So its a rather subjective question and one we could debate til the cows come home.

I did grind my last ~35m I needed after the Tomahawk nerf on Sardegna alone pretty much, plus some extra races later to have enough money for the new cars when new content finally drops. So around 50m in total, or ~68 races.
All were done while I was half distracted watching youtube or twitch, so a lot of hitting the AI cars, walls, leaving track etc. And on some races I really mean a LOT. 100% CRB so far. Difficulty is set to easy obviously, because why making this mindless grind even a slightly more complicated? Not sure if difficulty affects CRB, though, but maybe?

787B is my go to car there for that extra lazy credits farming mode. Detuned via ECU and Power so it can finish entire race on FM6 without a pitstop (2 laps can be done on FM1) while using AT. Other tune with extra ballast and with nearly zero HP decrease is a bit faster at the cost of having to pay some attention. GR010 would be even faster, but that hybrid rubbish is not enough for the full 15 laps, so while it's quite a lot faster before it dies out, it gets painfully slow after. But yeah, even with 1 minute difference it still would be 60 races to save an hour, which is not much really.

Tokyo on 2J or Alpine is faster credit to time ratio, but required me to actually pay some attention thanks to the wet track and stupid wall penalties, so I only did a few of those.

i switch between the lemans endurance race sardegna and the human comedy if your not finished them.whats low key a ton of fun and worth decent credits also is the championships..

Is it just me or are these bannana republic adds killing the ability to effectivly use this forum it fills my page every 30 seconds or less
I like the le mans track the best, but have been rotating thru the top 3 races ( Le Mans, Spa 1 hour, and Sardegna )

How much time it takes? I use Veneno and it takes about 27:40 for Tokyo race.
I'm usually done in 27:0X with the Veneno

You can't say in general that there will be rain after lap 2. Neither that a full wet tire will be needed. The weather is always random, I've had races where I did not need to change from RH, although my Red Bull Jr. does only 6 laps on a tank and the race is 7 laps, so I have to pit once. The IMs last better in the lower third of water level and in the Red Bull, I can go in full wet up to 210 km/h before losing traction. Sometimes it's worth to stay on racing tire as the rain is not bad and ends quickly. Also, the racing tire has full grip while in the bottom third water level still on road. But as I said, weather and every race is random. The first two laps dry are a guarantee though.

Indeed. I am not a careful driver when up against the AI, I just do whatever I have to to zoom past them. And I have always got the clean race bonus there.

I'm usually done in 27:0X with the Veneno

You can't say in general that there will be rain after lap 2. Neither that a full wet tire will be needed. The weather is always random,...
Really?

I have never experienced this. For me, the weather is constant within a few seconds. The cloud pattern varies, but the macro (rain or no rain, amouny of rain, etc) is always the same.

Strange that it would be different for other people.

Really?

I have never experienced this. For me, the weather is constant within a few seconds. The cloud pattern varies, but the macro (rain or no rain, amouny of rain, etc) is always the same.

Strange that it would be different for other people.
Maybe something to do with difficulty? I think I'm on normal now. So maybe on easy there is no variation?

Maybe something to do with difficulty? I think I'm on normal now. So maybe on easy there is no variation?
I'm on normal as well. Have you ever had it be a completely dry race? I am pretty sure the weather is fixed per event, like the Porsche Cup race at Nurburgring ia always wet. Even the event image has rain in it.

I'm on normal as well. Have you ever had it be a completely dry race? I am pretty sure the weather is fixed per event, like the Porsche Cup race at Nurburgring ia always wet. Even the event image has rain in it.
Ive never had a totally dry race as yet.The nearest to that was a quick light shower,it didnt even go up to the first line on the wet indicator so i plodded around gently without too many slides,by the time i had done a lap it was back to a dry track.
For me it normally rains end of 2/3 so i come in on 4 for inters and fuel top up and then off i go.If i use the DP100 9 times out of 10 i can sit at the finish line and cross it as soon as the final lap comes up,but mostly i like to use different cars,always getting the CRB.

Ive never had a totally dry race as yet.The nearest to that was a quick light shower,it didnt even go up to the first line on the wet indicator so i plodded around gently without too many slides,by the time i had done a lap it was back to a dry track.
For me it normally rains end of 2/3 so i come in on 4 for inters and fuel top up and then off i go.If i use the DP100 9 times out of 10 i can sit at the finish line and cross it as soon as the final lap comes up,but mostly i like to use different cars,always getting the CRB.
Ya, I think what you are experiencing is the randomness in the weather pattern, but not randomness in the weather itself. As in, the rain might fall differently, but there will always be rain.

As mentioned above, not completely dry, but just a light shower, not even shown on water level indicator. Laps when rain comes vary, also the amount and duration of rain.

Sometimes I get just the edge of the rain, sometimes there is heavy rain twice with dry between, that's a strategic nightmare 😄 . It's not even the same when I go two races in a row without exiting it.

Last edited:
- Fixed an issue wherein the rewards at the end of a race would not match the adjusted values following a change in the Event Settings in 'Race Settings' from the Quick Menu;
It's an online service ... They all know ... 🤣

I drive it with Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1 and today I tried the Audi E-tron VGT. My best time was 1:39, but 2 times in pit to recharge batteries :)
The CLK-LM at 800pp is also a good option. Turns about 1s/lap faster than the 787B, but it requires 2 stops as well.

So I crunched a few numbers with a few cars on Sardegna 800pp, Sarthe 700pp, Spa 800pp, and Tokyo 600pp. It works out to:

Tokyo - 1,893,287 cr. / hour
Sardenga - 1,645,125 cr. / hour
Sarthe - 1,596,688 cr. / hour
Spa - 1,475,410 cr. / hour

The figures are based on average times of 26:08, 26:32, 31:00, and 61:00 respectively.

Spa and Sarth don't end up at 1,500,000 and 1,650,000 / hr because the race seldom ends at 30 or 60 min exactly.

In terms of reward / hr, Tokyo is the champ, but it is also the most difficult. IMHO, Sardenga is much easier.

Yes, in terms of realistic earnings, I think Tokyo is more theoretical because just a couple of lapses in concentration (which will happen when grinding the same race over and over) will ruin your race and you may have to restart. While Sardegna is more a guaranteed result because there is nothing particularly hard about that race.

Yes, in terms of realistic earnings, I think Tokyo is more theoretical because just a couple of lapses in concentration (which will happen when grinding the same race over and over) will ruin your race and you may have to restart. While Sardegna is more a guaranteed result because there is nothing particularly hard about that race.
This matched my experience. Tokyo (post Tomahawk fix) is uncertain. A couple bad laps, often caused by the AI shunting one into a wall, can mean a loss. On Sargegna, the entire field gets lapped, with about half getting lapped twice, every time.

Latest Posts

Back