The Easiest Ways to Make Money in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 692 comments
Yes, but "racing" does not pay for competitive cars and tuning. On monday I spent a milion and an afternoon trying to win the high paying races and came out 0 per hour and 0 usable cars and strategy.

The only safe race I have is Sardegna with Lamborghini VGT, map 6 and 2 stops (fuel only, no tire change). Don't have the 2J.
I use the the Mazda 787b here (but I think any LMP will work) Power restrict to like 70% add 200kilo ballast
Add full downforce & RH puts you at about 798pp

You can set fuel trim to 5, set your gearing and short shift.
No need to pit, you'll lap whole field just around 2x
25 minutes = 725K

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Veneno in Tokyo is good way to grind. 825,000 for 27:50 (easy difficulty). It's not so rasy like Sardegna, but intetesting. I almost lost 2 times cos of 20 sec penalties. But is's fun. Gribded for 6,000,00 with pleasure. I'm get tired to grind on Sardegna.

Last edited:
Single player isn't racing either and multiplayer barely pays anything.

Let me ask you this, are you in that event because you enjoy it that much, or are you in that event for the pay off? If it's for the pay (and that's the topic of this thread), then you aren't racing anyway. You are grinding.
In actuality I love driving on that track and I love these payout, so it's a little off both, what I do is I try to make good attempts of using all my cars, seeing which ones can and cannot endure this race

Veneno in Tokyo is good way to grind. 825,000 for 27:50 (easy difficulty). It's not so rasy like Sardegna, but intetesting. I almost lost 2 times cos of 20 sec penalties. But is's fun. Gribded for 6,000,00 with pleasure. I'm get tired to grind on Sardegna.
That's an interesting choice. I might try that. Currently I have my own tune for a GTR '17 that can be first after two laps and do one stop with map 1.

According to Kazunori Yamauchi, it's because he wanted players to truly appreciate what these cars are worth, just like in the real world. While I sort of understand what he means, it's a game, it's not the real world.
If I made enough money to somehow buy the F1 and then blew all my credits away, I doubt I would feel like "OMFG I own a McLaren F1" It would be major annoyance mixed with relief.
Hi Ryan - but then you must Go the complete way and have dynamic prices in all occasions.

Then there must be also different Levels of used Cars With different Provinz and changing prices. And of course - every used Car must bei eligable die haggertys when its With exempional Low mileage.

You either so it one way or the Others - but where is the Deal, If this is only eine to a Few handful of Cars?

And additionally - some of those Cars are so rare - there ist no real Pricing possible.

BR K.

Such things are the opposite of fun. You should like to play GT through all its Updates and itterations. Seems to be the other way round. Its probably only fun if you start to play in the year 2026 when the game is finished.

Oh great, the new update broke the tunes again. :grumpy: Had a 600 PP Veneno, that is now 603,5 and had to add 48!!! kgs of ballast to make it fit 600 again. :banghead:
My veneno was untouched by the update. Hehe

Attachments

• 5DF3F0C1-CE3F-4968-8685-10CE9BEC9EC4.png
    5DF3F0C1-CE3F-4968-8685-10CE9BEC9EC4.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 88DBF49A-B5F0-4D83-8D37-1469096C2908.png
    88DBF49A-B5F0-4D83-8D37-1469096C2908.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 39
Sardegna road course 800pp.

Mazda 787B, reduce power and ad ballast to meet numbers. Map 1, you'll pit once on lap 8. Super easy to drive, turns 1.41 laps even in my inept hands.

Easy money.

EDIT: a similarly detuned Sauber C9 will also work. It is about 1s / lap slower for me, but who cares?
I drive it with Mazda LM55 VGT Gr.1 and today I tried the Audi E-tron VGT. My best time was 1:39, but 2 times in pit to recharge batteries :)

I can do 1.38.x laps (some, not all) with the Zonda but also 2 stops required. So far I'm fastest with the GR10, but I'll get the 787b when it becomes available again.

Le Mans 30m for 825 000 is by far most enjoyable grind for me.

I have a tune for the Touring Car 800 Sardegna Road course.

Time - 26:36:00
Race Car ----- Red Bull X2019 Competition.
Max Power - 621BHP
Torque -------- 30.1 Kgfm
Weight -------- 850 KG
Weight Bal -- 59 : 41
Per Points --- 799.01PP
Tyres ----------- Racing Softs
Fuel Map ----- 2 or 3 whole race
TCS ------------- 1 or 2. Tyres and fuel last 5 laps.

Tune:

Anti Roll Bar ------ 10 / 1
Damp comp ------ 40 / 28
Damp expan ------ 41 / 30
Natural Freq ------ 4.50 / 4.50
Neg Camber ------ 6.0 / 6.0
Toe Angle ---------- 1.00 Out / 1.00 In
Differential --------- 60 / 60 / 50
Downforce --------- F 800 / R 1400
ECU Output -------- 99
Ballast weight ---- 200
Ballast Position -- 50 to F
Power Restrictor - 78
Trans Manual ------ 370

Last edited:
Here are a few of minethat work great and idioms some cars I rarely see mentioned. I can’t beat Tokyo in the rain since the Tomahawk gearbox hack is gone.

SPA WTC 800-Bugatti VGT Gr1
Le Mans WTC 700-WRX GrB
Sardegna WTC 800- L750R, CLK-LM, Sauber Merc or Bugatti VGT Gr1.

I have a bunch of VGT and Gr1 cars that can be detuned to 800pp and do well at Le Mans, SPA or Sardegna, but I just absolutely love the handling, looks and sound of the Bugatti and the AWD is great when it rains. The Subaru GrB is a bit of a handful with the braking, but I’ve learned to modulate the braking and it’s fine. It’s so fast and easy to controllably drift when I it does slide, it makes up for it.

Last edited:
Here are a few of minethat work great and idioms some cars I rarely see mentioned. I can’t beat Tokyo in the rain since the Tomahawk gearbox hack is gone.

Le Mans WTC 700-WRX GrB

I have a bunch of VGT and Gr1 cars that can be detuned to 800pp and do well at Le Mans, SPA or Sardegna, but I just absolutely love the handling, looks and sound of the Bugatti and the AWD is great when it rains. The Subaru GrB is a bit of a handful with the braking, but I’ve learned to modulate the braking and it’s fine. It’s so fast and easy to controllably drift when I it does slide, it makes up for it.
Bugatti vgt used to be my favourite for the Monza grind on gt sport. Loved that car!

I was testing the Gran Turismo Formula 1500 at Sardegna, detuned to exactly 800PP, RH tyres no changes, 2 stops for fuel. I managed to lap all cars once and bring home victory in 25:28 mins. Detuned less BHP than it has weight, but it's still fantastic. Upto 172-175mph down the two straights, over 180mph with drafting. This car is just a joy to drive and a fun easier way to make the money. 1:37:XXX laps, with my skill the best was a 1:36:2XX

Last edited:
Pick a car, find a tune, test it at any of Sardena, Spa or LeMans. Rinse and repeat.
Nope. The only correct answer is the 2J on Tokyo.

I mean people can say that car or that race isn’t fun for them, but objectively it is the fastest way to make money.

825k in under 25 minutes. That’s the answer.

I mean people can say that car or that race isn’t fun for them, but objectively it is the fastest way to make money.

Unfortunately not everyone can do it in under 25mins,mines a 28 sometimes longer.Le mans with the DP100 for me is 9/10 30 mins,waiting at the finish line for final lap to tick off.Le mans and Sardegna just breaks the monotomy a little. 👍

So I tweaked the Mazda LM55 VGT (GR.1) to 799.30PP for Sardegna. One stop strategy the whole race only for one tank of fuel. I managed a 25:09:XXX. Car setup is capable of low 1:34's and more consistent 1:35 / 1:36. You can lap all cars once.

How to do it ? On the 7th lap you have 0.9 of fuel left, so switch from FM1 to FM6 enough for you to coast around in low revs, quick shift gears between low and high gear. On the 8th lap, pit in for fuel.

Don't change tyres. Switch up your fuel to FM1 again on exit pit lane. Its fast as you can go the rest of the time with RH tyres. This is my setup for anyone who would like to try it out. Below.

Mazda LM55-VGT-Gr.1
Performance points 799.30
Max power 628BHP
Shift between 4th - 8th gear redline each gear.
Body height adj ------ F 70 -- R 75
Anti roll bar lvl -------- F 6 ---- R 7
Damping (com) ----- F 32 -- R 32
Damping (exp) ------ F 42 -- R 42
Natural freq -------- F 4.00 - R 4.00
Negative camber -- F 3.1 -- R 2.5
Toe angle ---------- F \/ 0.10 R | | 0.00
Initial torque --------- F 10 --- R 20
Acceleration sens - F 20 -- R 40
Braking sensitivity - F 10 -- R 40
Downforce lvl ------ F 1000 -- R 1800
Ecu output ------------ 100
Ballast ------------------- 200
Ballast position ------ -50
Power restrictor ------ 98
Transmission --------Racing
Top speed --------------350 no tuning.

Last edited:

Le Mans WTC 700-WRX GrB

Grab yourself a Nissan R33 GT-R, put Praiano's rain tune on it, and go to town.

Also tried the Veneno someone suggested. I've been grinding Tokyo with it since. Although I have my own tune, don't like the crippled suspension just to get more power in. Mine drives quite fun and I can keep up with 1st, sometimes even overtake before his first stop and take only one stop myself.

I tried the 2J but using a wheel with that 1" of of toe out in the rear makes the car undrivable. It will spin on the straights.

Ok then, the best way to make money that isn't boring and repetitive.

Ok then, the best way to make money that isn't boring and repetitive.

spoiler: they're all boring and repetitive. the thread is literally asking what's the most efficient grind. for what it's worth, I find controlling the 2J to be pretty challenging. but that's obviously subjective.

I tried the 2J but using a wheel with that 1" of of toe out in the rear makes the car undrivable. It will spin on the straights.

i use a controller, so i wouldn't know. bummer! it does slide around a bit on the straights for sure.

Last edited:
spoiler: they're all boring and repetitive. the thread is literally asking what's the most efficient grind. for what it's worth, I find controlling the 2J to be pretty challenging. but that's obviously subjective.
My point being that using a different car every time makes it significantly less boring and repetitive.

I will cede to your point that it is more efficient to run Tokyo, but the 5-7 minutes you save every race would require, at a minimum, 6 runs to actually reap the benefits over Sarthe. 6 x 25 = 150 mins (racing my balls off with very little margin for error), 6 x 32 = 192 mins (pretty easy, comfortable wins). I would guess few, regular sessions are lasting more than 2 hours. So for my money, I'll take Sarthe and some variety any day.

Le Mans WTC 700-WRX GrB

Detuned Aston Martin DP100 at Tokyo is extremely easy.

Back