The Eifelring Complex

• Thread starter Muppetmad
  • 36 comments
Muppetmad
Hi there,
I joined the forum yesterday, so I thought I should share the tracks I've made on GT5 :)

What I have done is create a group of courses based around the Eifel theme called the "Eifelring" which collectively intend to encompass various challenging aspects of the world's greatest courses. There are five courses in total that are varying in length, difficulty and style, so they should be suitable for any occasion. I have been meticulously working on these courses since Christmas Day when I got GT5, so I hope you enjoy them! If enough people want the courses, I'll happily send them to people :)

Eifelring Nordschleife
NorschleifeMap.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/Muppetmad/EifelringNordschleifePhoto.jpg

The Nordschleife was the first course I created, and it's certainly one of my favourites. The set of corners shown in the link above can only be described as Eau Rouge but reversed - this is an exhilarating section where time can be won or lost through risk taking. The end to the lap is tricky for cars with less downforce; feathering the throttle is absolutely necessary to survive.

Eifelring Ostschleife
OstschleifeMap.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/Muppetmad/EifelringOstschleifePhoto.jpg

The Ostschleife is simply a very fun, fast circuit. Whilst the circuit is more conservative than the others, there are still some gradient changes to navigate that will catch you off guard if you aren't concentrating.

Eifelring Suedschleife
SudschleifeMap.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/Muppetmad/EifelringSuedschleifePhoto.jpg

The Suedschleife is incredibly tricky and varied; the opening three sectors are slow and feature dramatic elevation changes, whilst the final four sectors are fast and open, rewarding those who take risks but punishing those who are unable to follow those risks through. If you want a challenge, here it is!

Eifelring Westschleife
WestschleifeMap.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/Muppetmad/EifelringWestschleifePhoto.jpg

There is something about the Westschleife that makes it my favourite. This high speed course begins with a high speed opening, before narrowing for sector three ("The Passage") in preparation for "The Corkscrew". The Corkscrew is a very tricky corner, which will make the car light and slide out if you are not in full control. In the Formula GT, it took me several attempts to make it around the corner without crashing. Following The Corkscrew are more high speed corners before a heavy braking point prior to the final sector, a reserved part of the course demanding patience and accuracy.

Eifelring Kartschleife
KartschleifeMap.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/Muppetmad/EifelingKartschleifePhoto.jpg

I have still been unable to put together a string of laps in a kart at the Kartschleife without going off - it is simply incredibly deceiving. Subtle gradient changes invite you to take corners at a high speed, only for you to go wide and spin out. The corner in the image above ("The Crest") is a prime example of this - AI may spin out on occasion here, so be warned! The course itself is very long for a kart course, so it can be used by any car you please.

-------------------------

If you've read this far, thanks for your time! If there are any courses that may interest you, please let me know and I'll see what I can do! ;)

Otherwise, any comments on how the courses appear either in the maps, photos or descriptions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi muppetmad, your tracks seem very interesting.

I'd like to try them. Made myself about 15 tracks I like (Toscana, Eifel, Eifel kart) going from very fast tracks (170 Km/h average with a stock RX-7) to very slow technical tracks (52 corners in a 9,5 km track)

I suggest the following: send me a request/demand (don't know the correct english term because my PS3 speaks French) to be on my friendlist.
I'll accept it sunday late in the evening (Western Europe Time), because I'm far from home now.

What we could do is exchange some of our tracks. One at a time because you can't put more than one on the server at the time.

For the moment, I have put my Pescara-like track on the server
(see this post: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150054)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate them. I currently have the Kartschleife online, so if anybody wants that feel free to add me. I'll be brutally honest, I haven't a clue how to give a circuit to a friend - I've never done it before - so if anybody could explain it to me, I'd really appreciate it! ;)

It's very easy: you put it on line, so your friends can download it.

What I suggested above was that in the following days you replace regularly the track on line, so we will be able to test them all (and have great driving pleasure)👍

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. I'm glad the process is simple - I'd love to get as much feedback on the courses as possible, and then possibly tweak the sharpness or width of certain sections to make them as good as they can be.

Well, I've got the Kartschleife online, so if anybody wants it please add me and you can then download it. Please give feedback, as I'd love some opinions as to whether the Kartschleife is too difficult or long.

It's really strange, I was thinking exactly the same thing about twenty minutes ago! :lol:

It would certainly be an interesting - albeit long - course... I'd love to see it! I doubt Polyphony will be giving us the opportunity to make extra long courses anytime soon, though.

You could always photoshop the course maps together. I can see how you'd do it, though the Kartschleife wouldn't be included.

Yay! The Kartschleife has officially had its first download! Although no comments were given about the course, the user wanted to know when they could get the rest so it must have been ok! ;)

Okay, you'll have to forgive the general crudeness of this picture, but here is how the five circuits fit together:

image.jpg

Although the bits I've added in aren't as pronounced. I fact, I'd say they aren't really there at all; they're just to show where the two points of each circuit link up.

I just tried the karting track with an Alfa 147 2.0 '02.

Confirms my own experience: Eifel karting gives great tracks for smaller (less powerfull cars). Real nice track.👍

Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it :). I really enjoy the Eifel Kart theme too, it produces some fun little tracks for karting - which I'm terrible at, so it always gives me something to improve!

I will be changing the Kartschleife to the Nordschleife tomorrow, so anybody who wants the Kartschleife should add me asap so they can download it.

SuperGTRacer, you're in luck! I am about to upload the Ostschleife right now ;)

For anybody who has missed the Kartschleife or Nordschleife, don't worry - once I've gone through the whole complex once, I will allow people to request individual courses and you can ask for them then.

Sorry again to double post, but I'm just here to say I will be uploading the Sudschleife at some point either today or tomorrow - if you want the Ostschleife, be quick! ;)

I've just uploaded the Suedschleife - have fun! It's probably the most technically challenging of the complex, and I hope the first three sections will have you pulling your hair out ;)

I may be adding a test course to the Eifelring Complex soon, if I can capture the essence of every other course in a single course. Watch this space...

No takers? Ok then, I'll be uploading the Westschleife later, my favourite in the series.

I can now officially announce that after the Westschleife, I will be uploading a new track in the series: the Eifelring Testschleife, a varied, high speed course demanding razor-sharp precision and an excellent setup to succeed.

Great looking courses. I shall send you a friend request. So far I have one course... it's five sections which makes it a little too long so will start making smaller ones.

Back