The Elephant in the room of the livery editor

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 41 comments
One thing I used a lot in GTS, was the ability to match the special paint colour codes (some of them) in the colour picker... GT7 has unfortunately lost the ability. Example, a yellow flouresence paint would have an equivalent HSV code.

Not being able to group, copy and paste things is the biggest bummer about the livery editor.
Yeah, man, that and not being able to create our own decals in game, with shapes and other decals, it would be just a group of light vector graphics. All those features were in Forza 4 editor, the one I enjoyed the most so far. It would be amazing to have such "little" extra features in GT 7.

Maybe it's just me, and apologies if I missed a thread on this (because I did look)

But, am I the only one who thinks the best way to use the livery editor in GT7, is to open GT Sport, us THAT editor, and then share it and open it in GT7? Obviously, this is not an option for the new cars, but for so many, it is.

It's definitely easier to use. For one, you don't have to go to the garage first, equip the car you want to work on, and then enter the editor. Second, and I realize it's difficult to compare a collection built over many years to having to build one from scratch, but the collection is there, the decals are there, why not port the collection over to GT7 as well? Also, aligning the decals seems strange. It's not really align to the surface, and it's not really aligned to the camera. It's somewhere in between, so again, I go to GT Sport.

The new livery editor is just cumbersome. I get that PD was going for a more "real world" feel by requiring the player to "bring" their car to GT Auto, but this seems misguided to me.

I'm just curious if anyone else shares these thoughts or if it's just me.
Hi. From the perspective of accessing the cars, yes GTSport is easier, however I think the GT7 livery tool itself is better and more flexible. It has more layer slots plus some other features when creating are easier to access within a livery design session. I am interested in how you bring the cars across from GTSport to GT7. I didn't think we were able to do that?

One thing I used a lot in GTS, was the ability to match the special paint colour codes (some of them) in the colour picker... GT7 has unfortunately lost the ability. Example, a yellow flouresence paint would have an equivalent HSV code.
I didn't know you could do that in GTS with special colours. I am going to test that. All that time and I never knew. I used to try and match but never quite got there - especially with the chrome based paints in GTS...

Hi. From the perspective of accessing the cars, yes GTSport is easier, however I think the GT7 livery tool itself is better and more flexible. It has more layer slots plus some other features when creating are easier to access within a livery design session. I am interested in how you bring the cars across from GTSport to GT7. I didn't think we were able to do that?
When you would normally create a new livery, open the livery list and you should see some GT Sport Liveries if you made any for that car. Import and fix any missing decals. Then you're good to go!

When you would normally create a new livery, open the livery list and you should see some GT Sport Liveries if you made any for that car. Import and fix any missing decals. Then you're good to go!
Oh yeah Midnight, I know that (but thanks for mentioning). Moved about 70 across and updated.. I meant just randomly bringing across GTSport liveries when ever you wanted to....It seems, despite over 950 of my GTS liveries being publicly shared, I reckon less than 90 came across...

Oh yeah Midnight, I know that (but thanks for mentioning). Moved about 70 across and updated.. I meant just randomly bringing across GTSport liveries when ever you wanted to....It seems, despite over 950 of my GTS liveries being publicly shared, I reckon less than 90 came across...
I believe there was a time limit cut-off for automatically transferring from GTS to GT7, but if you go back into GTSport and share the livery again, it'll appear in GT7.

I believe there was a time limit cut-off for automatically transferring from GTS to GT7, but if you go back into GTSport and share the livery again, it'll appear in GT7.
Hi daan. I thought the time limit was around when you created and shared the livery in GTSport (Feb 2017 - through to Feb 15th, 2022 from memory) and virtually all of mine were publicly shared after July 2019 so they were in the window. I also recall them saying only so many would be moved initally and then they would progressively move them - but yet to see that actually happen.. I am going to go in to GT7 and delete the GTSport versions of any liveries I have updated in GT7 and then log out/reset and then see if, in the following 24 hours, new GTSport liveries pop into my GT7 garage... will let this forum know what happens..

It always only loads the 100 most recent GTS liveries. If you delete any from that list or import them, another will be loaded instantly until all have been loaded to GT7.

It always only loads the 100 most recent GTS liveries. If you delete any from that list or import them, another will be loaded instantly until all have been loaded to GT7.
You are the font of knowledge. Thanks Nuschel.

Hi daan. I thought the time limit was around when you created and shared the livery in GTSport (Feb 2017 - through to Feb 15th, 2022 from memory) and virtually all of mine were publicly shared after July 2019 so they were in the window. I also recall them saying only so many would be moved initally and then they would progressively move them - but yet to see that actually happen.. I am going to go in to GT7 and delete the GTSport versions of any liveries I have updated in GT7 and then log out/reset and then see if, in the following 24 hours, new GTSport liveries pop into my GT7 garage... will let this forum know what happens..
You have to share some of the initial liveries and then it frees up more space for others

Latest Posts

Back