The Enthusiast's List – Let's get these added!

• Thread starter JaguarXJ81
  • 55 comments
United States
California
JaguarX305
Having worked with a couple friends on this list and taking time to refine it, this list is the product of car enthusiasts made for car enthusiasts. I'd like to think that we put a little something for everybody to enjoy. Here goes:

Acura:

-2001 Acura Integra Type-R

Alfa Romeo:

-1993 Alfa Romeo 164 Q4

-1970 Alfa Romeo GTA

Alpine Renault:

-1985 Alpine Renault A310 Turbo V6

-1990 Alpine Renault GTA Le Mans

Aston Martin:

(Legends)-1993 Aston Martin Vantage Le Mans (V600)

-1993 Aston Martin Virage V8 Coupe

-Aston Martin DB7 Zagato

BMW:

-1992 BMW 8 Series (E31)

Chevrolet:

-1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26

-1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Z65)

Daihatsu:

-1993 Daihatsu Applause Xi

-1966 Daihatsu P3 GP

Fiat:

-1979 Fiat X1/9

Isuzu:

-1989-1993 Isuzu Impulse RS

-1991 Isuzu PA-Nero/Gemini OZ Irmscher R

Jaguar:

(Legends)-1989 Lister-Jaguar XJS Le Mans

-1990 Jaguar XJ40 Chasseur Stealth 340 Bi-Turbo

-2000 Jaguar XJR (X308)

Lamborghini:

*(Legends)-1972 Lamborghini Jarama S

Lotus:

-1989 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE

-1986 Lotus Excel SE

-1990 Lotus Carlton

Mazda:

-1982 Mazda Cosmo 12A-Turbo (HB)

-1988 Mazda MX-6 GT

-1996 Mazda éfini Rx-7 Type RZ

-1988 Mazda 323 GT

Mercedes-Benz:

-1995 Mercedes 600SEC/Coupé

Mitsubishi/DSM:

-1989 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

-1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

MG:

-2002 MG ZT "XPower 385"

-2003 MG ZT-T Estate

Nissan:

-2009 Nissan Skyline sedan 370GT

Opel:

-1985 Opel Manta B i240 "Irmscher"

-1981 Opel Ascona 2.0E "Irmscher"

Pontiac:

-1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

Toyota:

-1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo

Sincerely,

J, W, and H

Edit: Per recommendations made some adjustments and additions.

Last edited:
Well, there's literally none of these Lotus models in game currently, so trying to make sure they're even added at all. I'm more than open to suggestions btw, always.

Well, there's literally none of these Lotus models in game currently, so trying to make sure they're even added at all. I'm more than open to suggestions btw, always.
The Lotus brand is not in the game at all, in case you haven’t noticed. And FYI, even Lotus themselves admitted that the Elan M100 is trash, basically.

Last edited:
The Lotus brand is not in the game at all, in case you haven’t noticed. And FYI, even Lotus themselves admitted that the Elan M100 is basically trash.
Hmmm for some reason was under the impression there was a newer Lotus in game currently. Guess I was wrong. Either way, how about leave a suggestion if you don't like what I came up with?

Hmmm for some reason was under the impression there was a newer Lotus in game currently. Guess I was wrong. Either way, how about leave a suggestion if you don't like what I came up with?
I have. You know where I posted it? In one of the many already existing wish list threads.
  • Lotus Cortina Mk1
  • Lotus Elan S4
  • Lotus Europa Twin-Cam
  • Lotus Eleven
  • Lotus 23
  • Lotus 49

I have. You know where I posted it? In one of the many already existing wish list threads.
Well, that's good for you. How about go and micro-manage that thread. Have a good day :)

p78
How about Audi RS models?
How about Mercedes 190E, 500E, various AMG models.
I like your addition of Opel but no GT (1968 - 1973), Kadett GSI 16V.
Nissan Skyline Kenmeri (2000 GTX-E), R31
Taken into account assuredly, very fair suggestions here. Admittedly, I was trying to keep each brand on my list down to about 1-3, most having only about 2 suggestions. Thank you very much for this input.

Haha. Came to see if Lotus was mentioned and was not disappointed. Especially with the responses lol. I would be pretty happy to see the Sport 300. It would be the closest to my car yet('90 SE) and at least the turbo 4. Though personally I think you could just offer the SE and then have the various hatch/spoiler options offered from 89-92 including the weight savings from removing the rear glass. Basically give the option to 'build' the 300 but I am a little bias and really just want to see my car in the game(or any game like GT/Forza) 😭

Last edited:
I wouldn't complain about an 850CSi appearing in the game, but I'm not sure what aspect of it appeals specifically on an 'enthusiast' basis, in view of the many other glaring omissions from the BMW range in GT7, that didn't make your list?

Haha. Came to see if Lotus was mentioned and was not disappointed. Especially with the responses lol. I would be pretty happy to see the Sport 300. It would be the closest to my car yet('90 SE) and at least the turbo 4.
Wanted to replace the Carlton, admittedly. It was a bit of a last minute addition, but in retrospect that space could've been filled by a better Lotus lol

Well, that's good for you. How about go and micro-manage that thread. Have a good day :)
I’m just trying to figure out why you think your list is more “enthusiastic” than others, and why none of the already existing wish lists were good enough for you?
Wanted to replace the Carlton, admittedly. It was a bit of a last minute addition, but in retrospect that space could've been filled by a better Lotus lol
Thats funny, because the Carlton is arguably the only real “enthusiast car” among those Lotus.

Last edited:
I wouldn't complain about an 850CSi appearing in the game, but I'm not sure what aspect of it appeals specifically on an 'enthusiast' basis, in view of the many other glaring omissions from the BMW range in GT7, that didn't make your list
Just thought it'd be a good addition. Don't see much of them on the road, at least not where I live. Nice looking car overall, a bit on the rare side.

I’m just trying to figure out why you think your list is more “enthusiastic” than others, and why none of the already existing wish lists were good enough for you?

Thats funny, because the Carlton is arguably the only real “enthusiast car” among those Lotus.
It's just a name. It's my own list, much like how you have your own. I don't see this as a competition, I'm just sharing ideas. I'm sorry that you do.

Damned if I do, and damned if I don't. Just can't win with you lol

Last edited:
J, W, and H
Assuming you are "J", can "W" and "H" please get their own accounts if they wish to contribute to GTPlanet? We don't allow multiple people to access a single account, nor a single person to access multiple accounts.

That aside, it is a very odd list... not least because your avatar is the Triumph logo and there's no Triumphs in it.

Also zero chance of the cars you're flagging as "Legends" to actually be "Legends". The Hagerty Collection appears to (with the exceptions so far of the Jaguar E-Type and Corvette C2) exclude all full production models, and we've only seen highly limited-run road cars, unique models, pre-60s, homologation models, and race cars in there. An MG ZT-T from 2003 doesn't belong.

Assuming you are "J", can "W" and "H" please get their own accounts if they wish to contribute to GTPlanet? We don't allow multiple people to access a single account, nor a single person to access multiple accounts.

That aside, it is a very odd list... not least because your avatar is the Triumph logo and there's no Triumphs in it.

Also zero chance of the cars you're flagging as "Legends" to actually be "Legends". The Hagerty Collection appears to (with the exceptions so far of the Jaguar E-Type and Corvette C2) exclude all full production models, and we've only seen highly limited-run road cars, unique models, pre-60s, homologation models, and race cars in there. An MG ZT-T from 2003 doesn't belong.
I am J. H has his own account. And W isn't on GTPlanet. I'm the only user and accessor of this account. They simply helped me out with the list is all, and that's probably why it's a bit odd. Three friends, three different tastes. Also, before the last refresh or so, there was a Mclaren on the Hagerty Collection, so I naturally assumed a 2003 MG ZT-T Estate would be ok.

Also I didn't add a Triumph because I chose not to. Literally how does my PFP correlate to this wishlist?

Last edited:
Also, before the last refresh or so, there was a Mclaren on the Hagerty Collection, so I naturally assumed a 2003 MG ZT-T Estate would be ok.
The McLaren F1 was a bespoke limited run car which was the fastest in the world at the time it was made (1992-1998), went on to win Le Mans without actually being designed as a race car, sold for £540,000 each when new and now changes hands for 15 times that.

The MG ZT-T was a full production, modified Rover 75 estate with an MG badge, which would have cost you £30,000 in top "Sports" spec and which currently changes hands for nothing. I literally know someone who got one for free about 18 months back.

You're not going to find that in the Hagerty Collection. Production cars are only getting in there if they're pre-65 by the looks, and six-figures or better. Otherwise it's limited-run, one-off, homologation specials, or famous race cars.

The McLaren F1 was a bespoke limited run car which was the fastest in the world at the time it was made (1992-1998), went on to win Le Mans without actually being designed as a race car, sold for £540,000 each when new and now changes hands for 15 times that.

The MG ZT-T was a full production, modified Rover 75 estate with an MG badge, which would have cost you £30,000 in top "Sports" spec and which currently changes hands for nothing. I literally know someone who got one for free about 18 months back.

You're not going to find that in the Hagerty Collection. Production cars are only getting in there if they're pre-65 by the looks, and six-figures or better. Otherwise it's limited-run, one-off, homologation specials, or famous race cars.

Interesting, I see and I stand corrected. Thank you for sharing this information. I'll update the entry.

If Isuzu makes a comeback to GT, then they have to bring the Bellet GT-R...(my favorite small car of all GT games)

Similar thoughts about Lotus-I don't care about the newer ones, I want the old Elan, Elite and Europa from the 1960/70ies and I wold love it, if the Lotus Cortina would make its premiere to the GT series...

Mazda:
1985 RX-7 GSL-SE
1988 323 GT Sedan

Nissan:
1992 Sentra SE-R
1991 NX2000
1996 200SX SE-R
2006 Sentra SE-R Spec-V

Hyundai:
2017 Elantra Sport
2020 Veloster N
2022 Elantra N
Not huge on Hyundai, but I support this otherwise. Especially the GSL-SE and NX2000 mentions

If Isuzu makes a comeback to GT, then they have to bring the Bellet GT-R...(my favorite small car of all GT games)

Similar thoughts about Lotus-I don't care about the newer ones, I want the old Elan, Elite and Europa from the 1960/70ies and I wold love it, if the Lotus Cortina would make its premiere to the GT series...
Respectable. Thanks for having a level head about it. I will likely remove one of the Lotus' probably the M100 since it seems least bit popular. I'll put up a suitable replacement soon.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back