The Epic Senna Content Praise Thread

Ryk
I kind of feel sorry for Mitsubishi - whatever praise they may have had will be steamrollered by the epic love people hold for Gérard Ducarouge - The 1.5 litre Reggie Turbo is a peaky old lump!

The Senna's dream film was nice. I hold much more respect for Ayrton now, And you want to remember the good things, and what his Sister and those chaps are doing for the future of Brazil - inspirational and responsible use of power.

Content - Kart - I didn't really "soak up" this - the chicanerised Stowe was ... different.

Ralt/Toyota F3
Loads of grip - nice sound.

Br&'s H@ch ? well A very nice attempt. The old Bottom Bend - and most of the corners re-profiled back to the 80's - (Full Fat Westfield? Woo-hoo!)
Maybe better to think of the track as How would it look if they dug up the old track and restored the old layout now...
Once you immerse yourself into the track and hunt down curbs stones and white lines - and spend less time looking for Gravel traps or Non existant run off. (Dingle Dell used to feel very tight indeed.)

Much easier thing to do (Just re do the track surface inside the bounds of an existing 3D track area... than to rebuild everything, It would be great to have Period adverts. - Maybe if enough Voices and squeaky wheels pipe up they will make 60's - 70's 80's 90's versions of all track complete with themed adverts, styles of Armco/ Tyre walls, Catch fences, Grid Girls....

Making new GT6 tracks ain't like dusting crops....

Lotus and Monza
Lotus - Bit of a handful and the engine is peaky and awkward - Brakes are a bit touchy too - Wouldn't have it any other way! -
Monza with Old sweeping Lesmo's is great, Not a fan of 80's Monza - but it is great to have it as an option.

The biggest gripe was the film/photo clips use of doctored pictures - No cigarette sponsorship... fair enough - but then WHAM - Marlboro in your face! At least be consistent.

Is it subliminal advertising to the youth? Or an insult to history to omit the actual livery/logo the driver used?
- I know trivial.

If they can do that, they can damn well do a La Sarthe 60's, Just saying.

I'm pleased with the update. Altough i must say the tracks are a bit disappointing since only the layouts of the tracks are modeled, everything else is modern, but that's not that big of a deal. But yeah, GT6 has become a Lotus 97T simulator for me :D

Really great update, the F3 is a lot of fun to drive as it's pretty forgiving. The 97T is exceptional, the sound of both cars is awesome as previously stated.

I haven't driven either one outside of the tribute, but the Ring will be fun tomorrow…

I managed to do the tribute without traction control, except Brands, which was the most difficult thing I did in GT6…didn't have the patience for no traction at Brands tonight, been a long day.

Overall extremely happy with 1.08, the Mitsu VGT is pretty nice too, but I only did the one seasonal with it so far…

Better than I expected.

The Formula cars sound a lot better than I expected. But I didn't know what to expect, soooooo...

Does anyone know if they compare like they should to the real life versions? I would like to rely on others on here rather than videos.

Personally, I did not find the Lotus all that much fun to drive. When it comes to F1, it must be 1970's and prior for me. :)
I just went out and fell in love with them 80's F1 cars.

Last edited:
Well, really disappointed with the old-new Brands Hatch, it's almost the same track. I tought that they will do a similiar job like they did with Fuji 80's and 90's in GT4. There were like real old tracks. Brands Hatch even have that modern buildinds and modern curbs. Only changes the layout, I think they could change the curbs, add old buildings or something that makes you think that you are in an old track.:banghead:

But I love Monza, even with that actual sponsorships trough the track. Because at least it has curbs from the 80's and a layout that IMO it's way funnier than nowadays.

And of course I love the three cars, amazing, specially the Lotus with that turbo lag :bowdown::eek:

This update is the best at the moment by far, but it would be PERFECT if Brands Hatch were more "retro". Monza maybe is not as "retro" as it could be, but it's fine.:cheers:

PD: I was trying to beat the Senna's time in Monza with Sports hard tyres and it's very challenging. I recommend it if the event was too easy for you.

Last edited:
The Senna content -- very well done. You owe it to yourself to see the movie "Senna" if you haven't. Question: if we buy or win the F3 or the Lotus, can they be used in races in arcade mode (not just time trials)? I am assuming they would be handled like the Ferrari F1 in GT5, where the grid consisted of other Ferrari F1s only. Please let me know. Thanks!

The Senna content -- very well done. You owe it to yourself to see the movie "Senna" if you haven't. Question: if we buy or win the F3 or the Lotus, can they be used in races in arcade mode (not just time trials)? I am assuming they would be handled like the Ferrari F1 in GT5, where the grid consisted of other Ferrari F1s only. Please let me know. Thanks!
You can use them in every mode. :)

Last edited:
Loved the cars , , Loved the music , loved the pictures.. havent seen the documentry yet

GREAT CARS , i finally managed to gold the last event after trying for 2-3 hours ,, countless tries , i think i only got 5 clean laps i kept getting off the track , no wonder F1 lost so many drivers on those eras , this car is mad & its flying

i also dont understand the car , while its very fun & fast to drive , i don't quite get it i kept getting both understeer & oversteer , something wrong with my driving?

about the pictures thou , someone should find a way to export all those great pictures of senna , if anyone found a way/link to get those pictures , please let me know

Well, finally got some time to spend with the Senna content. :)

Being able to drive the F3, and 97T with clutch like IRL....
...priceless, :dopey: they sound awesome too on my in-ear monitors!!!!! 👍 👍

Have to spend time to learn 80's Monza & Brands, but I like that kind of time!!!!!
The kart is great too, really liked the extra cones on Stowe's back straight.

The Mitsu VGT is a nice addition to the update too.
PD hit this one out of the ballpark!!!
:gtpflag:

Forgot to mention:
------------------------------------------------------
0 ABS driver, being able to adjust B/B by RA menu for the events, awesome!!!!!

Last edited:
The Lotus drives better than I expected, the F3 is a nice touch, the kart is fast for an old kart. I like the fact that there are the pics before you do the challenges, also Monza 80s is a bit fun.

One thing that still really annoys me is GT6's in race viewing options... Why is the best view of the Lotus limited to only replays?!?!?!?! >.<

Found only two downsides in Senna content so far.

1. As hard as it was (especially the Brands - finally golded by 0.06sec), I golded the Senna content after few hours of play.. would have wished for a bit longer "relationship" with the trials. As the car was given with silver, they could have made the gold a bit harder. Cant change the time, but maybe less df or sports tires?:scared:

2. Since grinding that mental Lotus on Brands for almost two hours, nothing else in GT6 feels quite the same anymore. Even tried the "wild" Ferrari GTO '84 - nope, feels like a Prius now.. 👎:odd:👍

..and for some reason Im stuck turning the volume up from my speakers. Wonder why.. (That lotus in bonnet view if deafening :D)

I also did laugh at my self several times during that Brands grinding just how many of those Lotuses I would have totalled in real life.. :guilty: You just slightly touch a curb stone and off you go - instant fly out of the track. :scared: ..and boy can it fly.

Back