The Epic Senna Content Praise Thread

Now, now. I would love to have the '88 Macca too, but you know you can donate to the Instituto Ayrton Senna, even from outside Brasil, right?

I would have thought that PD have "donated" to the Senna Institute but if they were to add further DLC based on Senna then everyone who chose to buy it would be donating further. I really like it when a game backs a charity and you can see money going to great causes instead of only lining the pockets of global giants.

That includes people who have bought pre owned copies of the game, as their fees for the game have not added to the Senna fund. Not being their fault in any way.

Just my view as I like the idea that is all.

Sorry got to go get that final gold. :) love this DLC.

This is the best addon for any game anywhere. I am the biggest fan of the 80's era F1 cars and the Lotus 97T is my all-time new favourite car in any GT game. The sounds are fantastic and the cars' physics are mindblowingly good.

Great job, Kaz. Great job PD. I never really complained about the sounds or anything about the game in general, but this is just such an improvement and the add-on cars are superb. Fantastic job, thank you so much.

Takes some getting used to with the monster turbo lag on the 97T, but it is still great to drive. If they just made the Lotus and the F3 into base models and allow some livery, man we would be set I think.

Curious though, has anyone seen how comparable the FGT is compared to the Lotus 97T? Like could those two competing in a room make for a good competition?

Are you in a rural area with no broadband? Were you downloading right when it launched along with everyone else at the same time?

To download 1 gigabyte it takes around an hour for me. I live right outside Dallas, Texas in a very populated area. Internet in the US is something of a joke.p[/url]

I just drove the Lotus around the Ring..

I can promise you, just like they said about Senna, I felt like a man possessed. The car is unbelievably fast. The shifting, the rumbling.. truly an amazing experience. It was beautiful.

Thank you PD, and thank you Ayrton.

Senna's Lotus is absolutely beautiful to drive around Nordschleife. Thank you PD...a great homage to the great Senna.

Loving the 97T, it's not as scary as I thought it would be but learning to keep the boost n the boil through slow corners sure is a lot of fun!

However I am a little disappointed that there's only four challenges, the slide-show preamble make a bit of a deal about the qualifying lap at Spa in the wet and I thought for sure it would be included along with the relevant track layout.

I really hope they do this sort of thing for other great drivers of past era, Prost, Mansell, etc.

Isn't the profit gathered

technically you already did donate to the institution because some of gt6's profits go to the institution.

I know, I know. One more reason I gladly paid the 3€ premium on the usual retail prize for PS3 games. But if you're feeling like further donating for a very good cause... You can do that without Polyphony having to disrespect Senna's legacy by asking you to pay for Senna-related content. They raised awareness for the work of the IAS; I'm sure people willing to donate will do it anyways.

Just my two cents on the matter, don't want to sound too polemic. ; )

The official challenges were abit challenging got silver in the ones I cared about just to get the cars. I don't get to 'enjoy' the cars in challenges per say as I'm more worried about not going off etc.

I took the 97T onto Silverstone first, what a joy to drive, sound is great, car feels great barreling down the straights and flowing through the bends. The Ralt I took onto Grand Valley was nice until the PS3 shut down in my face. The best and worse of PD. I immediately restarted and hop right back in and had another go.

I know, I know. One more reason I gladly paid the 3€ premium on the usual retail prize for PS3 games. But if you're feeling like further donating for a very good cause... You can do that without Polyphony having to disrespect Senna's legacy by asking you to pay for Senna-related content. They raised awareness for the work of the IAS; I'm sure people willing to donate will do it anyways.

Just my two cents on the matter, don't want to sound too polemic. ; )
Do what you want mon.

Wait...Team Lotus Special? I mean I get that it may not be all too appropriate to have depictions of a tobacco company sponsor on display in a modern video game, but John Player is now defunct and a part of another company, so why no JPS livery? Guess I'm going with the alternate.

I guess I should make it clear to everyone @gtuned that I know why there is no JPS livery, I was merely employing a rhetorical.

Last edited:
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Amazing update, thank you PD!
The Lotus... I have no words. To me, It's the best thing on GT so far. And the sounds makes me feel that I'm really taming a wild beast, the most beautiful machine I have ever seen.

Oh man i just watched the Ayrton's Wish video, that was pretty sweet. And the mention of royalties makes me hopeful for future DLCs.

To download 1 gigabyte it takes around an hour for me. I live right outside Dallas, Texas in a very populated area. Internet in the US is something of a joke.p[/url]
I don't know what you're on about. I'm in Palmer, Alaska, and the 1.5GB update took about 12 minutes to download. I'd have thought us Alaskans would have some of the worst internet in the USA.

I'll put my praise in. I never expected to have so much fun with this content. Really liked all the info and slideshows that came with it too. It's the best thing PD has done for DLC so far probably, & it's free! Driving the old Monza was great, took me back to some really old racing games I used to play as a kid. The cars are not just modeled beautifully, they sound and drive great too. Makes me feel a bit more positive about what PD may have up their sleeves for the future. :)

The Lotus 97T sounds nice and has very high cornering capability, but again, the lack of feel of racing tire brings the whole experience down. What a pity. (so I don't like those super laps, no wonder)

And, with the lowest power setting, the pp is still too high to attend any off-line event. Since I don't play on-line, this wonderful race car is almost useless to me. Just like those X-car. :(

...the lack of feel of racing tire brings the whole experience down. What a pity. (so I don't like those super laps, no wonder)

And, with the lowest power setting, the pp is still too high to attend any off-line event. Since I don't play on-line, this wonderful race car is almost useless to me. Just like those X-car. :(
Praise thread dawg. Praise.

Praise.

Not quite useless. All of the cars you mentioned can be driven in an Arcade race where you are pitted against the same cars. Once the race has loaded you can adjust your power down, use worse tyres, lower downforce to bring your car down to AI driver ability. It's not perfect but it's something.

Last edited:
I love it! Already put like 700km on my WSR :D

If you are interested in a Formula 3 friendly racing, join my lobby now: 1472-6118-3830-2745-4877

Latest Posts

Back