The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I've just thought of a MOD that would be quite cool for us GTP'ers. A racing logistics mod! Have racing team skinned trucks and special motorsports style trailers, with the drop off locations being at race tracks that are located within the current map!
There aren't currently any race tracks located on the default map are there?

Also in Promods is the town of LeMans and what looks like a small part of the circuit just out of town. Arnage corner maybe ?

2014-08-17_00005.jpg

Edit: Downloaded and installed this mod yesterday but it must be clashing with something else I have installed , game crashes whenever I go into a dealer. :( http://ets2.lt/en/mega-store-reworked-v-4-0/

Last edited:
Yep something def not getting along in there haha.
I also started using this lighting mod . http://ets2.lt/en/true-lighs-ai-environment-v-5-7/ The night lighting is really good but the HDR effect during the day (especially in the middle of the day) is horrible. Its like being in an ultra colorful cartoon ! I'm going to try another version without the HDR and the night sky. Shame because the night sky is pretty good. Other version is here: http://goo.gl/D9hAOQ

Screenshot taken around 4.30 am
2014-09-14_00001.jpg

There aren't currently any race tracks located on the default map are there?

Sorry, probably should have clarified. The mod would be in need of some proper designers as yes, the tracks aren't currently in the Sim. But, what I meant was... For instance, Monza falls within the current map. Have an exit near Milano, or a separate road from Milano, that leads you to the circuit.

Sorry, probably should have clarified. The mod would be in need of some proper designers as yes, the tracks aren't currently in the Sim. But, what I meant was... For instance, Monza falls within the current map. Have an exit near Milano, or a separate road from Milano, that leads you to the circuit.

I'd rather see the Nurburgring with the Steilstrecke opened up. :P

Don't know if I'm hallucinating or something but, before I posted my latest 3 trips on myvtc, my fuel economy was 37.1. I specifically recalling that it was 30.4 on my last log in? What is going on?

Also, I have broken down and purchased a Scania Streamline and have taken it on two trips. I think this is definitely the best truck in the game for sure. With the Euro 6 V8 engine, it has great torque and fuel economy. Also seems to roll when off throttle much better than the others. This being said, the DAF XF Euro 6 is still better, when it comes out at least ;)

Made my first trip to Russia yesterday as well. Wow, what a map! Doesn't look quite as refined as the ProMods maps but, I really like that it has trucks and such stopped on the side at certain areas. And the cities seem fairly realistic.

Speaking of the DAF XF Euro 6... Didn't SCS say that it would be out in the middle of this month? I fear they won't get it out but, also the fact that 1.13 being delayed is a sign that they are attempting to release it with 1.13!

@Kamuifanboy I'm pretty sure yours has been around the 32 mark for a while, it's now 31.9.

Scanias are the best trucks for sure, although I prefer the regular R. The V8 sound is very nice too. Here is my newest Scania, R500 4x2 with some customisation mods:

2014-09-17_00008.jpg

Do you use it with Promods too? I love the rural feel of most of the Russia map, wide open spaces look great a dawn and dusk. And when it rains it sometimes goes very foggy too, only in Russia or Belarus, which is cool. I don't have any weather mods installed.

We could get the Daf with 1.13 then ;) SCS are also working on rigid trucks with tandem trailers.

I have made a short video showing the lighting effects of that mod I started using a week ago. I love driving at night now , at dusk the environment gradually becomes desaturated and washed out unless it is lit up by headlights. The roadside lighting has a warm tone and is a nice contrast to the white tone of your trucks headlights. The sunbeams seem to be enhanced too as you can see at the start of the video.

http://ets2.lt/en/true-lighs-ai-environment-v-5-7/
I am also using the non HDR addition: http://goo.gl/D9hAOQ Midday still looks too colourful but it's worth it :)

Just started playing this game again, might get back into ETSMP as well! I'm debating on whether I should go with the Scania Streamline, MAN V8 or the Volvo FH16.

@spinner It is a great mod :)

Just started playing this game again, might get back into ETSMP as well! I'm debating on whether I should go with the Scania Streamline, MAN V8 or the Volvo FH16.
Scania! ;) If I were you I would go for either the Scania with a V8 or the new Volvo. The MAN only has 1 V8 option, the 680hp. A disappointing engine, not very much torque in comparison to Scania's V8 options or Volvo's 16 litre engines.

@spinner It is a great mod :)

Scania! ;) If I were you I would go for either the Scania with a V8 or the new Volvo. The MAN only has 1 V8 option, the 680hp. A disappointing engine, not very much torque in comparison to Scania's V8 options or Volvo's 16 litre engines.

Unfortunately I went for the MAN. May going to go for Volvo in my MP account. I just dislike the info display of the Scania :/

This is the first time I have done this without hitting parked cars ! It's the Aldi delivery point in Nantes , France (Promods) The job was 25 minutes late. 13 minutes of that was parking haha

Epic journey report. Baobab tree from Nantes , France to Tver , Russia. 3733km !

The border crossing between Poland and Belarus. There appear to be some dodgy deals happening on the roadside. Lots of parked trucks , people on the phone , black cars etc :odd:

The Baobab tree only just fits through the toll booths.

The vast Russian wilderness

:gtpflag:

Loving this game. Finally up to Lvl 10 in SP. I was wondering something when I was buying my new Volvo last night. What's the difference between the 2 transmissions I'm offered for my Volvo: I-Shift ATO3512D Regular and the R version?

So I just got a new computer this past week (soon getting a new wheel this week) and am wanting to try this out so like to ask if there is a demo I can try before I spend anything on the game.

So I just got a new computer this past week (soon getting a new wheel this week) and am wanting to try this out so like to ask if there is a demo I can try before I spend anything on the game.
Yes, there is. You can find the demo here or on Steam. :)

Goody, I recently got my steam account up and going on my new computer so that'll be very handy.

Loving this game. Finally up to Lvl 10 in SP. I was wondering something when I was buying my new Volvo last night. What's the difference between the 2 transmissions I'm offered for my Volvo: I-Shift ATO3512D Regular and the R version?
R is a version with a retarder. It slows the truck down when off throttle, can be useful when going down hills with heavy loads.

So I managed to download the demo but unfortunately, the game just freezes my computer. I don't why but when I go to boot it up, I can only hear the sound while nothing is happening on screen. Abit of a bummer ontop of the fact that Project cars doesn't run well on it either.

So I managed to download the demo but unfortunately, the game just freezes my computer. I don't why but when I go to boot it up, I can only hear the sound while nothing is happening on screen. Abit of a bummer ontop of the fact that Project cars doesn't run well on it either.

That probably means that your computer isn't powerful enough to be able to run the game. What specs are is your PC?

Unsure, I know its a Hp 15 Touchsmart and I haven't really altered anything on it straight out the box.

I'm sorry to say it @RACECAR, but it seems your CPU isn't able to run ETS2 even though it's (these are the specs I could find online, so they might be a bit wrong) 2% better than the minimum. :boggled:
results.png

Back