The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

Discussion in 'European Truck Simulator 2' started by Dean J, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Dean

Dean

It's finally here; the Euro Truck Simulator thread!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Recommended mod-sites and mods, by the community;
    We've also got our own VTC (recruiting page here) (Virtual Trucking Company) for those wishing to join us. :)

Discuss :D!

Edit as of August 15th, 2015: Please be aware that some of these mods may not work with the current version, 1.19.X :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Charlie A likes this.
  2. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

Will be more interested when the 'disposing of prostitutes' and 'Yorkie bar' dlc are announced.

mister dog likes this.
  3. Dean

Dean

- There might be modifications available for those purposes :lol:.

4. TJisA1337NOOB

TJisA1337NOOB

I've played quite a bit of ETS2. Nice change of pace for me from racing titles. :)

BlacqueJacques likes this.
  5. 1gt6freak

1gt6freak

Problem for me, I have a 6 year old Mac, but I'm planning on buying a new one and the first game i'll buy will be scania truck driving simulator, that game looks like a lot of fun.

6. Joey D

Joey D Premium

I'm looking forward to the DLC for ETS2, they are adding a couple new trucks and expanding the map. I've already spent hours playing the game and a bigger maps just means more long nights driving imaginary freight around.

I've done a couple mods to the game too, but the best one is putting HID's on the trucks so that the lights work better. I've also put another mod on that helps with the economy in the game a bit so making money is a tad easier. Doesn't really take much away from the game though since you still have to haul a ton of freight to buy more trucks.

7. Dean

Dean

I guess you'll be good with anything equally to - or better than - a GeForce GT630M. I've got that, and I can run ETS 2 on high, with only minor problems.
    (It would be nice, if we could share mods here, but I'm honestly not sure if it violates the AUP :boggled:.)

- So far, I'm running mod-free. I am, though, considering adding a Scandinavian map, whenever the so-called "best Scandinavian map" is done.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. DustDriver

DustDriver Staff Emeritus

I don't know why they mention having a good amount of cities if a city is only 4 streets or something.

9. Dean

Dean

Well, I don't think it's the most important part to have very big cities, but we can't all agree on everything :D.

- Anyway, my demo locked up, a few hours ago, so now I'll have to buy it :(. Though, I will.

Very late edit:

For those of you using a wheel; how many degrees do you use, 900°? I'm personally on 1080°, but I think it's a bit too high, as I want to follow the wheel in game, as perfectly as possible :D.

And, does anyone know how many degrees a real truck wheel can turn?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  10. 1gt6freak

1gt6freak

Does anyone know if the intel 4000 graphics card that comes with most macs is good for truck simulators like scania or euro? Thanks for the reply!

11. Dean

Dean

Well, I'm not really sure, but according to Game-Debate you should expect to be in the lower settings. You should still be able to run it, as the HD3000 can. :tup:.

- Depending on your processor, you might be able to expect low-medium :).

12. Aqua F1

Aqua F1

I have my wheel settings at 800 degrees (well 799 on the G27 because it my hands aren't steady enough :dopey) and it seems to match up with the in game wheel very well.

13. Dean

Dean

:tup:

So, new the 1.4.1 update's live!

Really a massive update, compared to the 1.3.1 :tup:.

14. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Can't wait to try it tonight.

15. Sprite

Sprite Premium

I wish ETS2 was out for Mac and had wheel support as I really fancy playing this game.

16. E28

E28 Premium

You can run it using WINE, although I'm not sure it supports wheels through it. There's also a linux version I believe, if you're wiling to dual-boot linux.

17. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Wow... the force feedback update is a massive win. Gone are the days of a spring action FFB. Even steering the wheel against my knee felt right when it came down to engine vibrations and so on. Lovely!

There are some LOD issues though, but I only grabbed the 1.4.1s beta. Hopefully when it comes out properly on Steam some of them are fixed. Else I will await a 1.4.2s with open arms. ^_^

Now if only there was Simvibe support... :idea:

18. Dean

Dean

I run mine through Windows only, so I can actually update mine at this moment. Though, I think I'll wait to tomorrow.

I wonder why they haven't added Simvibe yet. That would really make the game double as awesome :D!

19. disinfected

disinfected Premium

Always wondered about this series, being a fan of Flight Simulator.

Looking into it, I found a website with everything from Euro Truck Simulator to ship simulator to farming simulator--etc. There literally is a simulator for everything.

20. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    mister dog likes this.
  21. Dean

Dean

I had a quick play with my T500 yesterday, and it seems - at least - very different. Normally my wheel would return to center, but it won't do that now, though I guess that's the major update.

Amazingly, yes. Though the one below, posted by L.F., really takes it to new level :lol:...
    :lol:!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  22. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

You can change the return to center force separately from other effects in options under the controller secton. I just run defaults on the CSW though.

Just noticed the websit typo too in my precious post. >_< fixed.

23. Dean

Dean

Yes, that "centering strength" only makes it minimal compared to before this update. Before, I could release the wheel completely and it would return to center, when turning, pretty fast, but it doesn't do that now (as far as I know) - even with the centering on max. I'll have to give it another go though...

24. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Odd. The centering should be speed sensitive too btw. Like speed sensitive power steering. At least that's what I noticed.

Else just report the bug via the Steam forum. SCSsoft is active on there when it comes from support. Since its a small company, you talk directly to the devs there. ;)

25. Dean

Dean

Well, maybe it's just me... I'll try doing a job tomorrow and see if it's just because I need to get used to it.

Also, I tried "playing around" with all the FFB settings, but since I've never driven a truck in real life, what would the most realistic settings be? 100% in everything?

26. Sprite

Sprite Premium

Bought it on steam today ETS1 and using a G25 on my mac. Runs great. Wheel is a bit sensitive but other than that its fun.

[​IMG]

HuskyGT likes this.
  27. Moglet

Moglet Premium

How easy is it to mod this game? I've just bought the full thing having enjoyed the demo for many weeks and I'd love to install some realism/money mods. Is it any more difficult than say, Minecraft?

28. Joey D

Joey D Premium

You just drag the files to a mod folder and it works just fine. Some even have their own installer. I have a handful of mods and ETS2 is one of the easier games to mod I think.

29. Dean

Dean

Looks good :tup:!

Apparently there's a new version (1.4.8) already. Though it only includes some minor fixes:
    :tup:.

30. Jay

Jay Premium

Thought I would play some ETS2 yesterday.

I started from scratch and this time I quickly took out 500k euro of loans to upgrade my depot, buy some trucks and hire a couple workers. Darn AI arn't that good at making me money yet, I still have to work my ass off. So realistic! :p