The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift

• Thread starter dropzone
  • 64 comments
I don't know as to why the first Fast and Furious thread got locked but think it should have a thread up since it's finally out.

I got the game yesterday and got to play it for awhile before I had to catch sleep for another long day(10 hrs) of work today. I didn't really keep up with the game yet knew it was coming out soon. I like SRS and I just had to pick this up. It's pretty much a revamped SRS with integrated drift physics and double the cars with not many variations(meaning no more 6 Skylines and 5 350Zs etc.).

The customization is a big improvement and they delivered when they said so with several body kits(dependent on car chosen, my FC RX-7 has like 5 complete kits which I could also mix match and widebody too) and the rim selection had me :) when I found the rims I've lusted after, Work Meister S2R. I haven't messed around too much with paint and vinyls but the possibility is there to almost recreate any car you've seen. Currently I've just been racing to get money for the 20B REW swap for the FC 👍 ; engine swap are a nice welcome to any racing game, the catch is the engine swap is limited to the same company your car is.

Can't really comment too much on gameplay since I haven't played long enough to get used to the controls of the game, it seems to have been tightened up a bit.

This is one hell of a good drifting game. The highway battles and all that are boring, but the mountain passes are where the fun's at! 👍

The customisation is good, heaps heaps to choose from and no fake (NFS) ****, it's got everything you'd expect. Only downside is you can't adjust your ride height! got my drift cars on tip toes! and you can't remove spoiler, only replace it with another one. Also, if you buy a wide kit, if you change one thing, the whole kit gets removed, eg: replacing the spoiler will remove the rest of the kit.. stupid ideas, just like SRS.
The other bad thing is the shakey screen, it's really annoying, hard to get used to.

Apart from that, it's a really good game, not just a cheap movie ripoff, it's even more fun than Kaido Battle, D1 GP and Battle Gear, just takes a bit of learning. It feels like a mix of D1 and SRS.

Heres my S14 K's, it's a MACHINE! :bowdown:

And my friend's ER34, tried to make it look like a pro D1 car

edit: check out this video, it's the longest drift I've done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSvCz7UNuA

If it's $20 I'll buy it. I kinda got into SRS for a while.......So if they got rid of that stability control that you couldn't turn off and the game accepts 900* steering mode finally I'll get it.

Otherwise I'll wait to find it used for $20 or less..... Just too many of these style games and they all feel about the same...

Hey guys, quick few questions.

1. Car list? Does anyone have the complete car list or have a link to it?
2. Online play. Is it good, how is it setup..etc?

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

I don't know if this is complete - or even accurate - but it was in the previous thread. The post was made September 14th, so I guess it might've changed.

drifterzzz
some of the car list

MAZDA – Mazdaspeed 6 – 2006

MAZDA - MX-5 - Sport - 2006

MAZDA - RX-7 - Infini IV – 1990

MAZDA - RX-7 - R1 – 1991

MAZDA - RX-7 - Type RS-R – 1997

MAZDA - RX-7 - Type R BATHURST – 2001

MAZDA - RX-7 - Spirit R Type A – 2002

MAZDA - RX-8 - Type-S – 2003

MAZDA - RX-8 - Mazdaspeed version 2 – 2004

MAZDA - RX-8 - Sport Prestige Limited – 2004

NISSAN - Fairlady Z - TT 2seater – 1989

NISSAN - Fairlady Z - Version R TT 2seater – 1998

NISSAN - Fairlady Z - Version ST - 2002

NISSAN - Fairlady Z - NISMO S-tune – 2002

NISSAN - Fairlady Z - NISMO S-Tune GT – 2004

NISSAN - Fairlady Z - Type E – 2004

NISSAN - 350 Z - 35th Anniversary Edition – 2005

NISSAN - 180 SX - Type-X – 1996

NISSAN - Silvia - S13 K's – 1989

NISSAN - Silvia - S14 K's Aero – 1993

NISSAN - Silvia - S14 Q's Aero – 1993

NISSAN - Silvia - NISMO 270R – 1994

NISSAN - Silvia - S14 K's Aero – 1997

NISSAN - Silvia - S14 Q's Aero – 1997

NISSAN - Silvia - S15 Spec-R – 1999

NISSAN - Silvia - S15 Spec-R Aero – 1999

NISSAN - Silvia - S15 Spec-S Aero – 1999

NISSAN - Skyline - GT-R – 1999

NISSAN - Skyline - 25GT-T 4 dr – 1999

NISSAN - Skyline - NISMO GT-R S-Tune – 2000

NISSAN - Skyline - GT-R V-Spec II - 2001

NISSAN - Skyline - GT-R V-Spec II N1 – 2001

NISSAN - Skyline - GT-R V-Spec II Nur - 2002

NISSAN - Skyline - 20th Anniversary Nismo Z-Tune GT-R –2005

NISSAN - Skyline - Coupe 350GT – 2003

OYOTA - Altezza - RS 200Z Edition – 2003

TOYOTA - Chaser - Tourer V – 1996

TOYOTA - Chaser - Avante G – 1998

TOYOTA - MR-S - S Edition – 1999

TOYOTA - MR-S - VM180 TRD – 2000

TOYOTA - MR-S - V Edition – 2002

TOYOTA - Sprinter Trueno - GT-Apex – 1986

TOYOTA - Levin - GT-Apex – 1986

TOYOTA - Supra - RZ – 1996

TOYOTA - Supra - Twin Turbo – 1998

MITSUBISHI - Eclipse - GSX – 1999 (F&F Eclipse model)

MITSUBISHI - Eclipse - GT – 2004 (2F2F Eclipse model)

MITSUBISHI - Eclipse - GT – 2006

MITSUBISHI - GTO - Twin Turbo MR – 1998

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution VII - GSR – 2001

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution VIII - GSR – 2003

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution - MR – 2004

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution VIII - MR FQ-400 – 2004

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution - RS – 2005

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution IX - GSR – 2006

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution IX - RS – 2006

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution IX - MR – 2006

MITSUBISHI - Lancer Evolution IX - Ralliart Edition – 2006

MITSUBISHI – Concept-X

ODGE - Charger - 440 Magnum R/T – 1969

DODGE - Charger - 426 HEMI R/T– 1969

DODGE - Charger - Daytona R/T – 2006

DODGE - Charger - SRT8 – 2006

DODGE - SRT-4 – 2004

DODGE – Viper - SRT10 – Coupe – 2006

ACURA - Integra - Type-R – 1997

ACURA - NSX - - 2005

HONDA - Civic - Type-R - 2004

HONDA – Civic 5 Door - EX 1.8 VTEC – 2006

HONDA - Civic - Si – 2006

HONDA - Integra - Type-R – 1998

HONDA - Integra - Type-R – 2005

HONDA - S2000 - 2005

HONDA - NSX - Type-R – 2002

HONDA - NSX - Type-R GT – 2005

some of wheels

Rays/VOLK/G-Games/Gram Lights
WORK
Weds Sport
Yokohama Original Wheel Design
Enkei
5Zigen
AME
SSR
Veilside
WALD
Nismo
Ralliart
SPOON Sports
STi
TRD
Saleen
Motegi

This game is like eight million trillion times better than I expect.

But I didn't expect much.

But seriously, so far this game is pretty cool.

Think of it like this: Take TXR, Take Kaido Battle, mash them together, and Americanize it (for better or for worse) And you get this game.

By the by, there's ALOT of cars missing off that car list. Namely every GM car in the game.

Went out and purchased the game, almost beat it right now.
Thanks to Mistax for some info on the game.
I really like it, its pretty cool looking, some of the driving gets used to, particularly the drifting. But other than that its alot of fun.

Ill review more later.

How can you be nearly done with it when I've been sitting here for the past 12 hours straight playing it? ;)

My tag for online: MistaX

Haven't tried it yet though..

Spoiler:

Look away if you don't want to know what super awesome car you get to buy at nearly the end of the game

Nissan Skyline R34 Z-Tune.

I spoiled it.
It's in the game.

How can you be nearly done with it when I've been sitting here for the past 12 hours straight playing it? ;)

My tag for online: MistaX

Haven't tried it yet though..

After a couple roll up and some drifting races I got a 'Vette.

Been DESTROYING everyone on the Wangan ever since...

👍 :sly:

Havent tried online. Will do tonight though, ill drop a line.

Evo 4: I think this thread is fine. Thanks though.:)

I still haven't tried online yet, I'm trying to have various cars to race with so I don't get bored there. So far I have a FC RX-7, Trueno, and a 06 Civic Si. When I get a username setup I'll post back here.

My car list not counting boss cars:

RX7 FC
Corvette Z06
Viper SRT-10
Evo VIII FQ-400
Skyline R34 Z-Tune
NSX Type R
Skyline R34 N1
Trueno

Ive got acouple cars. Mainly its just a 94 240sx, Evo, 300zxTT, Z06. Two drifters, a touge monster and a highway destroyer.

And about 540,000.00...hahaha..

I dunno this game is allright, but still it just seems like they saw games like kaido battle, TXR, C1 etc and then cobbled it together with the srs engine.

You love it. Admit it.

98% Completion for meeeee.

I played it for a few hours but the more I play it the more it just seems like a bad genki game ripoff. I know it's all mad jdm and stuff but I got a bit fedup of all those loading screens as well.

I played it for a few hours but the more I play it the more it just seems like a bad genki game ripoff. I know it's all mad jdm and stuff but I got a bit fedup of all those loading screens as well.

Agreed, the game may look great, but its another one where you play it for two days and leave it at that...
:guilty:

I just picked this up today, after everyone I talked to who had the game told me that it was surprisingly good.

...and they were right. :lol: The physics will take some getting used to, but so far they seem more tolerable than the TXR series. So far I have a Zenki S14 K's with an RB26DETT (which will make a sweet drift car when I get to that point of the game), and a JZX100 that can already hit 200+mph (a perfect Wangan car).

just go straight to the touge, it's the best fun in this game. Put your money into your drift car, set it up right, and you'll be sliding away. I think the RX7 you win is a really good drift car, thats what I used to get that kansen dorifuto! still takes skill to use right techniques though, and know when and where to use them.

Back