The February update discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
Hello :) it is never too early to start a new update thread :D

We are halfway thru the month. When do you expect the update to come? What cars are going to be added? Is there a track coming? Maybe rain is going to be added via this update?

I expect the update on 23rd of February :)

Let the hype begin :D

If Kazunori teases the cars again then I reckon it will be next week. As for the cars... well who knows? The majority at least will be returning cars but I hope to see a couple of new arrivals to the series - I am impatiently waiting for the Maserati that won the Gran Turismo Award a couple of years ago.

I feel that if we get a new circuit it will be an additional configuration of an existing location. Hopefully I'm wrong on that though.

Last edited:
Right about now would be a great time for a couple new cars in each class, Gr.4, 3 and 1 to mix things up a little bit... maybe this wont happen until after the championships tho who knows.
Silvias, 300zx, 370Z , older RX-7's, 80s and 90s Celica gt-fours and rally car, japanese cars in general.
More Porsches, Ferrari's And Newer cars in general.
Hopefully some gt original tracks and some new layouts to existing..

I'd like to see at least one of the "missing" Gr. 1/3 cars, for example the Bentley Continental GT3.

Or, PD could just look at the WEC Starter field and race calendar and start implementing those cars and tracks :D. (Which would then mean improving car behavior without ABS, as GTE only allows TC, but no ABS...)

Hi to all
PD will continues to add the improved premiums from the previous GT.
I think that we'll have two or three of the following cars in the next update:

(20 Mio.)
-Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT '62
-Ford GT Mark IV '67
(Other expensve ..)
-Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
-Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521
-Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65
-Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52
-MERCEDES-BENZ 300 SL Coupé '54
-GT40 Mark I '66

We'll have some missed brand (Pagani, Lotus, TVR, Lancia, Fiat ...) also.

IR

Tracks would be nice, as would cars, but I also want to see some other features implemented:
  1. An option to turn individual items onscreen on or off . I drive cockpit view without HUD but in long races I do need the FMD menu and tyre/gas info to be on screen. I also want to remove the track layout from the screen.
  2. When I turn my headlights on I want the dashboard to light up as well. I use the onboard tachometer to shift and sometimes it is just barely visible. Turning on interior lights would definitely help.
  3. Head to tail collision physics. Right now it's like Newton's Cradle, which makes no sense at all.
  4. Respect the white lines; 4 wheels outside the white lines should mean invalid laptimes. In a race it should be penalized.

I don't need more GT6 road cars; I bought GT SPORT, not GT7. So give us improvements to Sport mode. Give us more tracks, deep access to our race history, global leaderboards, new/updated Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, improved physics, and add weather conditions. Dynamic time of day would be really nice for endurance races also.

I would like to see Ford Gt 40 Gt4 and Gt3 with the 2016 Ford Gt40 and then the Nissan Z, for tracks Spa and Leguna Seca :) and for events Gt4 endurance and some sort of championship event ..

I feel like there's a point to be made how absolutely nothing has been said about the February update. Remember how we "knew" about 1.10 for about a month? And how Kaz released a teaser for 1.11 about a week before that went live?

The point is that, until we get anything like either of the above, you should neither go around expecting it to drop any day, nor should you expect.. anything, really. All that'll ever do to you is set you up for an avoidable disappointment.

Thanks to all the cry babies , PD has abandoned mission challenges and will continue to build up the ****** GT league .
I personally don't see why people want more Gr3 cars aside from The missing Bentley ( which I honestly can live without ) the feild is beyond complete .
GR 4 is the only Gr that I can get behind adding more cars . Every road car should have a GR 4 variant , even the Toyota gt2000/ F40 / 3rd gen corvette / Shelby . This could be a great opportunity for PD to include race mods in gt7 . Gr4/3/B cars can be race mod teirs. Also 're introduce the Gr4 miata . It was cut from the final game ;0; . Also we are getting 100% an update with New cars in February and March . The ps blog stated we would get 50 cars from nov-March and New tracks starting January up until March . So we will get 3 new tracks from Jan to March . The blog was right ( we got monza in January ) so far and PD hasn't missed a beat . I'm guessing after March all content will be paid or slowed down significantly . I'm sure we will get 2 new tracks ( deep forest and lemans) and variants for blue moon and dragontrail, by March .

Last edited:
I feel like there's a point to be made how absolutely nothing has been said about the February update. Remember how we "knew" about 1.10 for about a month? And how Kaz released a teaser for 1.11 about a week before that went live?

The point is that, until we get anything like either of the above, you should neither go around expecting it to drop any day, nor should you expect.. anything, really. All that'll ever do to you is set you up for an avoidable disappointment.

About a week before... so something by this Friday for next Friday would make sense

All the focus should be on tracks. They could create categories for some of the cars they have at the moment, so they are not sitting unused by everyone who doesn't enjoy hotlapping.

On a side note it would be interesting to see the mileage numbers on the cars they included post launch, versus, for instance, group 4 and group 3.

Tracks would be nice, as would cars, but I also want to see some other features implemented:
  1. An option to turn individual items onscreen on or off . I drive cockpit view without HUD but in long races I do need the FMD menu and tyre/gas info to be on screen. I also want to remove the track layout from the screen.
  2. When I turn my headlights on I want the dashboard to light up as well. I use the onboard tachometer to shift and sometimes it is just barely visible. Turning on interior lights would definitely help.
  3. Head to tail collision physics. Right now it's like Newton's Cradle, which makes no sense at all.
  4. Respect the white lines; 4 wheels outside the white lines should mean invalid laptimes. In a race it should be penalized.

And... track limits.
Again...

I haven't been keeping count on how many cars we've had since release? But maybe 20 left to come by the end of March, so 10 cars would be nice.

Maybe rain is going to be added via this update?

I don't think they're going to include rain (if they finally include it) till the official FIA event has finished. If so, people would have to learn how to handle with rain and changing weather before the main event in March (again if this feature is added). I don't think there's enough time for that, unless they leave rain out of sport mode which would make no sense at all.

I don't think they're going to include rain (if they finally include it) till the official FIA event has finished. If so, people would have to learn how to handle with rain and changing weather before the main event in March (again if this feature is added). I don't think there's enough time for that, unless they leave rain out of sport mode which would make no sense at all.

I think the main event in March is going till the end of the year. A proper season! The FIA gala night is after the F1 world title decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back