The Ferrari 488 GTE Could Be Headed to iRacing

Mmmmm I've read that the 488 wasn't in other game than mobile??
It was in Assetto Corsa a while ago in the red pack
Assetto Corsa_122.png
Assetto Corsa_123.png

That's the GT3, @Donnced - This is the GTE class model. :)

@boxster233 - As far as we know, this is the first time they've been able to visit (and unassumingly scan) the car in question. So, that could mean it's a bit further along. 👍

It's really the same model brend.
I don't know why Kunos don't named it GTE just like with the C7.R that they didn't named it GTE also....

It's just like the GT2 cars....Kunos put them all in "GT3" grid

But the 488 of Kunos is really the GTE but don't have the official livery..
You can look to the real car details and the one's I've posted of the car in Assetto and you don't gonna find a single difference between them (livery aside).

Have a nice day

I don't know why Kunos don't named it GTE just like with the C7.R that they didn't named it GTE also....

You can look to the real car details and the one's I've posted of the car in Assetto and you don't gonna find a single difference between them (livery aside).

Have a nice day
Well for the sake of technicality, it can't be considered the same car. :D

It doesn't have the same livery and isn't given the name of the model being put in the PC racer.

There are some minor differences.

Officially, the only appearance of the GTE (in name and form), is Real Racing 3 - soon to be iRacing.

Last edited:

Have a nice day
GTE and GT3 are NOT the same.

In US IMSA, the GTLM cars are GTE spec, while the GTD cars are global GT3. I bring up that series because it's one where they actually run on track together, and there are examples of Ferrari 488's in both classes.

There's a few seconds per lap difference in the car performance, mainly down to aero development and the huge rear diffusers.

http://www.imsa.com/discover-sportscar-championship/classes

Here are the results from the Daytona 24.

http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/schedule-results/current-results

GTE 488 finished 7th overall, while the best finishing GT3 was 38th. 3.5 Seconds difference in fast lap time.

EDK
GTE and GT3 are NOT the same.

In US IMSA, the GTLM cars are GTE spec, while the GTD cars are global GT3. I bring up that series because it's one where they actually run on track together, and there are examples of Ferrari 488's in both classes.

There's a few seconds per lap difference in the car performance, mainly down to aero development and the huge rear diffusers.

http://www.imsa.com/discover-sportscar-championship/classes

Here are the results from the Daytona 24.

http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/schedule-results/current-results

GTE 488 finished 7th overall, while the best finishing GT3 was 38th. 3.5 Seconds difference in fast lap time.

I now that they aren't completely the same specs.... But Assetto put them all together on grid (GTE, GT3 and GT2...)
So i do not know if the 488 of Kunos has GTE specs or GT3 specs....i think that the visible difference is the diffuser.

I really Don't know why games like Assetto o Pcars put GTE, GT3 and GT2 cars all together on grid with mostly no big performance difference between them.... Instead of making 3 different categories as they really should be.

I now that they aren't completely the same specs.... But Assetto put them all together on grid (GTE, GT3 and GT2...)
So i do not know if the 488 of Kunos has GTE specs or GT3 specs....i think that the visible difference is the diffuser.

I really Don't know why games like Assetto o Pcars put GTE, GT3 and GT2 cars all together on grid with mostly no big performance difference between them.... Instead of making 3 different categories as they really should be.
I hate how they do that. I'm assuming it is because of the lack of GT2/GTE/GTLM vehicles...I can't imagine what other reason there is to throw those cars into the GT3 category.

It's not like there are a lack of GT3 cars available to create diverse fields. GT3 are the most represented class, by far.

What I can't understand is why iRacing are starting with the GTE car and not the GT3. I know we have the 5 car grid limit so if they did the GT3 they'd have to drop a different car off the grid but with the GTE what can you race it against?

What I can't understand is why iRacing are starting with the GTE car and not the GT3. I know we have the 5 car grid limit so if they did the GT3 they'd have to drop a different car off the grid but with the GTE what can you race it against?
I guess the Aston Martin and C6.R, also supposedly the RSR will eventually come in.

the Ford GT

They will probably do a BOP with it, If I had to guess.

Back