The Final Race

• Thread starter whitez
  • 73 comments
Oh, since it sounds like you are saving during the series, just go race it and see what happens. You may only need to run a few laps to figure out how things will go. You can usually estimate what lap you will need to pit on after about 3 laps. Try to judge ahead on that. Also try to compare your lap times with the other cars. That should give you an idea of how well you are doing.

Well, I am browsing this forum a lot more than I used to. This cable internet really is nice ;) LOL

Anyway, I believe Rome is number 5, go for it. I will be here and walk with you through the series..... As long as you continue posting some progress....

This could be a nice reference for others when they get to this series in the game. What do you think??

Oh yeah, one more thing for now.... I had someone pop up on my AIM the other day asking me questions about GT3. I was surprised at first, but then once I realized that this was a GT3 player, I was happy to help him. It was kinda cool. A newbie just signed up here, then randomly finds someone's AIM screen name, and IM's them for advice and such.... It's cool to me :burnout:

Originally posted by captainkirk
Oh yeah, one more thing for now.... I had someone pop up on my AIM the other day asking me questions about GT3. I was surprised at first, but then once I realized that this was a GT3 player, I was happy to help him. It was kinda cool. A newbie just signed up here, then randomly finds someone's AIM screen name, and IM's them for advice and such.... It's cool to me :burnout:

yeah this is cool, when someone needs help with this they will find it. (i am sure people will have problems with this race)

and BTW, i didnt get to go for it today, i might go for it tomorrow

Frentzey, you said it. It is/was too easy. I too have to take a car with less hp. Try the Miata LS, fully sup'ed (340 HP), in the Professional league, Spider/Roadster challenge. Make sure there is a Viper and a TVR. The Viper is not a big deal. But the TVR is a real pain in the A##.

As for the whole when should I pit thing. You should get 8-10 laps out of the medium or medium-slick's. Try to make sure that your tire wear is even front to back. Pick tires accordingly. Be smooth, and you should have no problems reaching 10 laps.

Whitez, I've been watching. I'm prepping for the same event this coming weekend.

I've got two TT's left and 3 enduro's before I hit the F1 challenge. How much further did you make it over the weekend? If you estimate, how much time have you invested in this race series. I was hoping to knock it out in a marathon 10 hour session on Sunday.

That's if I can manage the TT's in a morning.

Watching your progress has given me a bit of insight into how I'm going to do it.

I'm still up in the air on the "Win 3 F1's" strategy though. Haven't decided if I want to quit out early after winning the series, grab an oil change and jump back in to finish the final races off.

Keep us posted.

TIll later,
AO

It happened again earlier tonight. Someone new here I suppose just popped up on AIm asking for help. I feel so special now :P

Keep up the good work :burnout:

ohhh, BTW in race 4 the cars pit at lap 9,18,27,36,45, ok this is what you do

follow those pit laps and do not pit on lap 45.....they will and you will have an extra 30 seconds, you just gonna have to bare with the red tires for 5 laps, but hey, you will still win by like 20 seconds.....i won by 18

Eeeehhhhh, Super Speedway is easy anyway though. I just suggest trying to hold out an extra lap or 2 if you can hile they, then you can pit all by yourself. That way you have a clear line to the pits, and no one around you. By the time you exit the pits, you should still have the lead. If you don't, then they should be right in front of you. If you can, draft with someone for a while. That will make you go faster, therefore, gaining time against everyone else. I was able to get 10 laps out of my tires usually. I would usually pit about the same time the other cars did for the last pitstop, and then I would run away.

I made a comparison of lap times and noticed a bad drop in times when you run red tires. I say this because on that sharper turn before the finish line, you slide away into the wall if you try to the same speed in that turn that you normally are able to do there. I noticed I had to drop about 15-20 mph to make that turn without sliding into the wall. Just get your own pit schedule going, of course ending up with one less pit stop. That should put you about a full lap ahead for most of the race. My last pit stop was before the AI's last stop, therefore while they pitted, I stormed the track at 200 mph for 7 laps. Easy win!!!!

Where is your progress now, whitez??

And like he said already, any questions about this F1 Championship series, feel free to ask one of us. I am not bothered if someone pops up on my screen asking a question.

Also ask in the thread if you would like. This is kinda cool :cool: being a main participant in a thread with some longivity to it :cheeburga

I've been watching this thread consistently, and charting Whitez progress. I'm running this on Saturday this weekend. Start to finish. The wife is outta town, so I can actually get a consistent amount of time in teh game.

I'm planning on following Whitez Strategy, and gonna pass on the "Win 3 F1's" strategy. I'm going to attempt the TT's on Friday night, and the Endurance races On sunday. Hopefully nailing down 100% by Monday.

Wish me luck. Thanks for the help on the way through.

Whitez? any update on Race #5?

Anyone out there have a relative guess on time to complete this series? I'm thinking an 8 hour marathon session could do it.

Thanks,
AO

Hmm..... total time to complete....

Some races only take about 30 minutes to do, and some longer. I would think if you average about 45 minutes a race, 7 and a half hours would get it. But I am not sure about that last race. Doing 78 laps around Cote D' Azur will be more than 45 minutes. I would think about 1:20 or so. I am not sure, but that is a guess. Good luck this weekend!! That will definitely burn you out. :burnout:

Originally posted by Der Alta
I've been watching this thread consistently, and charting Whitez progress. I'm running this on Saturday this weekend. Start to finish. The wife is outta town, so I can actually get a consistent amount of time in teh game.

I'm planning on following Whitez Strategy, and gonna pass on the "Win 3 F1's" strategy. I'm going to attempt the TT's on Friday night, and the Endurance races On sunday. Hopefully nailing down 100% by Monday.

Wish me luck. Thanks for the help on the way through.

Whitez? any update on Race #5?

Anyone out there have a relative guess on time to complete this series? I'm thinking an 8 hour marathon session could do it.

Thanks,
AO

sorry man, i didnt get to race 5 yet? I just have so much Homework for my English and Math, they are killing me

I think i might get it done today or tomorrow

I seem to remember that homework thing...

It's great once you get to the real world, the stress from your job will give you rampant nightmares...

Much less the nightmares resulting from too many laps around the Super Speedway....

Good luck on the homework.

I was FORCED to take Calculus in college. Because "You'll need it to calculate strucutral loading patterns and forces in beams"

Yeah right. Thats why I pay a Structural consultant boat loads of money to do it for me.

(*&$ing professors.

AO

I was FORCED to take Calculus in college. Because "You'll need it to calculate strucutral loading patterns and forces in beams"

Yeah right. Thats why I pay a Structural consultant boat loads of money to do it for me.

(*&$ing professors

:lol::lol::lol:

A little note here also. I cut my thumb at work today. I won't be playing GT3 for a couple of days now. No biggie though. I found something online to occupy me for a while now. Plus the Spring Fling is this weekend!!! Chicks everywhere...... I hope :rolleyes:

I had to pit at least twice on race 6. I don't think I done any races with only one pit stop. I wasn't trying to go off-subject either :P

Good luck on that quest for Championship glory!! :cheeburga

I have at least one tire that always goes red before anything else does... I think my front left tire on Grand Valley always went red too fast on me. I got the F094/S, then kinda took it easy for a couple of laps, that conserved that one tire enough for me.

Even if 3 tires are yellow, that one red tire caused me to understeer horribly in the tunnel towards the end of the lap.....

Back