The "five minutes" improvement to PCars

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 62 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
*What is this?

Simply said this is not a wish list or complain topic there are far than enough of those :D Not the place to complain about bugs. The aim is to suggest very small little changes that would dramatically improve gameplay and that wouldn't take much time to implement for sms.

*What do we hope for?

To provide a single organized thread that will make things easy to browse and can be easily pointed out to sms.

*What will be covered?

Everything that is small already in game but hard to find/understand/make us of... Or small features that could make the game dramatically better or more user friendly.

Examples

***Multiplayer***

-Being allowed to kick dirty drivers from a room
-Allowing for reverse grids
-Adding option for stock tune races
-Add basic chat to rooms
-add option to mute microphones

***Gameplay***

-show how much liters you'll refuel instead of how much liters will be in tank after pitting
-add a way to know what tires you are running in the hud like rs rh rain, inters...
-add a "are you sure?" When choosing quit on race menu... Most racers wishing to exit practice session get mixed up with it and quit room instead or going back to room :D

These are small examples of little small things that would improve the experience requiring very little work.

Feel free to add your ideas!

A random grid option would be nice for online play.
In Career mode would be nice to change the default selection to continue at the end of the race rather than the current Exit and Restart that is defaulted.

I personally think stock tune races are silly and should not be included. People should be allowed to set the car up however they want to.
Changing the display of the fuel would be pointless and a waste of time. What you need to know is how much fuel you will have after you have refueled. Changing it would require that you do the math in your head which really would not be better than what we have.

Adding chat would likely be a lot more than a five minute job as would most of the suggestions in the OP.

I personally think stock tune races are silly and should not be included. People should be allowed to set the car up however they want to.

Adding chat would likely be a lot more than a five minute job as would most of the suggestions in the OP.

Many real life serie are run stock.... So i do not see why you wouldn't want it. Also it's just an option how could it hurt you? :D

Adding a basic "irc chat" is really a 5 minute work. No jokes.

The sorting of the Lobbyies must be the nr1 priority if you ask me.. even if there are only max 50 online games on a good day we should be able to sort them better. For an example, I want to sort them after the amount of players in a lobby. The lobby with most players are on top and then it trickles down to lobbies with fewer players.
And of course a better lobby refresh system, this one is really bad...

Last edited:
Many real life serie are run stock.... So i do not see why you wouldn't want it. Also it's just an option how could it hurt you? :D

Adding a basic "irc chat" is really a 5 minute work. No jokes.
What series are ran without allowing tuning adjustments such as tire pressure, brake pressure and such? IMO Stock means no parts added. It does not mean no tuning.

IRC chat would be mostly pointless and definitely more than 5 minutes to add it, if you could get it to work at all across all 3 platforms. Audio chat would be a good addition, text chat useless as far as I am concerned. The last thing I want to do is try to type a message using a wheel.

In reality you can't even make a decision to try to add something in less than 5 minutes and every little change ends up taking hours in the long run. Remember everything must be compiled and then tested.

What series are ran without allowing tuning adjustments such as tire pressure, brake pressure and such? IMO Stock means no parts added. It does not mean no tuning.

Many of us have come from the GT online racing community where "Stock" has the meaning of "Tuning Prohibited". There is a significant online community that loves this style of racing, & I used to run exclusively Stock rooms in GT5 through to GT6, happy days! Being able to use a Stock/Same Tune would be a welcome addition for me & many others.

IRC chat would be mostly pointless...if you could get it to work at all across all 3 platforms. Audio chat would be a good addition, text chat useless as far as I am concerned. The last thing I want to do is try to type a message using a wheel.

Audio chat is pointless in a sim, as real racing drivers don't talk to each other when they race! It's also a pet hate of mine to have chat on in a lobby; 16 drivers from all over the world chatting at the same time in different accents with background noise seeping through is a world of pain in my experience. Text chat in the lobby is great as people think before they type, more than they would with audio chat. Also, it's great for a host to communicate with players in the lobby, especially a host like me who has a keyboard. I couldn't host clean online rooms without text chat & a keyboard.

👍

VBR
Many of us have come from the GT online racing community where "Stock" has the meaning of "Tuning Prohibited". There is a significant online community that loves this style of racing, & I used to run exclusively Stock rooms in GT5 through to GT6, happy days! Being able to use a Stock/Same Tune would be a welcome addition for me & many others.

Audio chat is pointless in a sim, as real racing drivers don't talk to each other when they race! It's also a pet hate of mine to have chat on in a lobby; 16 drivers from all over the world chatting at the same time in different accents with background noise seeping through is a world of pain in my experience. Text chat in the lobby is great as people think before they type, more than they would with audio chat. Also, it's great for a host to communicate with players in the lobby, especially a host like me who has a keyboard. I couldn't host clean online rooms without text chat & a keyboard.

👍

Whilst I agree with almost everything you say VBR regarding text chat and stock settings as an option the option to use audio chat amongst players is one that many of our group really enjoy. We tend to use private lobbies, a combination of text via a psn message group and voice and we all expect (and get) respect between all members. Chat only really happens between races and is discouraged while racing.

If you get a headset with seperate volume controls for game chat and other game sounds you can dial the chatter out as long as you have "chat only" selected for output on your PS4 setup (hold the ps button for options to show up).

Also right now you could use a text chat group for important communications when running your room. You just have to add all members of a lobby to a message. Then people get a message when you send one and can reply. I'd certainly like to see a proper chat option in the lobbies as well though. I believe SMS are aware of that request.

Cheers.

in the PC version the chat is already there (just press "T" when on track), not sure about console versions, it may have been ruled out due to few people having a keyboard, but you may try to ask for it on the official forums: they already have the code

When you're doing single player stuff, it would be convenient if they gave you the paint/livery picker from the same menu where you picked your car. Now the only way to pick is to go into "My Garage", sort through the classifications, then find the car again and choose there. If you can pick your car from two menu options, you should be able to pick your colors from both.

Would love to see some of this on Xbox one version. ( Dont know if some of this is already posibel on PC )

Most of these will take a lot longer than 5 minutes to implement. But would love to see some of it being implemented over time as the game evolve.

Option to select no dynamic weather in carrer mode.

Information about track and layout in carrer mode before starting the event.

Option to acces tune menu while doing time trials.

More filters for each car in time trial leader boards.

Being able to scroll quickly up or down in the leadersboards, instead of having to press the R2 button like 100 times.

More save slots for tunes, and a more easy to understand menu system.

System to share tunes with other users online. Like Forza 5.

Better documentation of features in the game.

Last edited:
Remove the possibility for cutting corners and add off tracks like in iRacing. And delete all leaderboards after that. People cheat extremely.

Heres an sarcastic example

I enjoyed that very much :-) It does show the problem very clearly indeed.

PS4 - The ability to change the AI difficulty slider by 1 instead of the current 10.
Not just PS4... they should extend this to all consoles like I said here... put it on the shoulder buttons.

Last edited:
I enjoyed that very much :-) It does show the problem very clearly indeed.

Hahah its very funny how he talks like Borat. I watchted it three times. Here´s another example from him (but no talk :( )

I´ve experienced this shortcutting problem when I was doing hotlapping in Monza with the Ruf GT3. I´ve spent hours there and had a good setup. But still was way behind #1. The #1 guy is 3 seconds faster. So I watched the ghost and have seen how he cuts the corners. Since then Pcars is dead for me. There is no reason to play until they fix this. But I doubt it. Because it will get frustrating for the average Joe when he gets penalized for every off track. I guess they will keep it easy.

Hahah its very fclean. He exceeds the tea k limits on several ocaisions. The track limits are defined by the white line on the track or by a curbhow he talks like Borat. I watchted it three times. Here´s another example from him (but no talk :( )

I´ve experienced this shortcutting problem when I was doing hotlapping in Monza with the Ruf GT3. I´ve spent hours there and had a good setup. But still was way behind #1. The #1 guy is 3 seconds faster. So I watched the ghost and have seen how he cuts the corners. Since then Pcars is dead for me. There is no reason to play until they fix this. But I doubt it. Because it will get frustrating for the average Joe when he gets penalized for every off track. I guess they will keep it easy.

The problem with the video here is that the ''clean lap'' is NOT a clean lap. He exceeds the track limits on several occasions.

The track limits are defined by the white lines or by a painted curb and two or more wheels must remain inside the track limits to be considered a clean lap. He clearly does not do this.

This is what annoys me about this game and a lot of online lobbies. There are those of us that respect the rules and there are those that want to cheat at all costs :-(

I was hoping that PCARS with it's flag system would address these type of issues. Get three off track incusions and you are black flagged and get a drive through penalty. And I mean 3 off tracks per race and not per lap!

The problem with the video here is that the ''clean lap'' is NOT a clean lap. He exceeds the track limits on several occasions.

The track limits are defined by the white lines or by a painted curb and two or more wheels must remain inside the track limits to be considered a clean lap. He clearly does not do this.
It's satire. He's deliberately exceeding the track limits and doing a "clean" lap to expose the ridiculousness of the track boundaries in PCars.

It's satire. He's deliberately exceeding the track limits and doing a "clean" lap to expose the ridiculousness of the track boundaries in PCars.

The video is titled "Clean vs Cut" he is doing a comparison between his corner cutting lap and what he considers a "clean lap". I do not consider his "clean" lap clean as I stated above.

Yes, his first video titled "Le Mans World Record" is satire and is very funny as I commented on in a previous post.

Back