The "five minutes" improvement to PCars

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 62 comments
The problem with the video here is that the ''clean lap'' is NOT a clean lap. He exceeds the track limits on several occasions.

The track limits are defined by the white lines or by a painted curb and two or more wheels must remain inside the track limits to be considered a clean lap. He clearly does not do this.

This is what annoys me about this game and a lot of online lobbies. There are those of us that respect the rules and there are those that want to cheat at all costs :-(

I was hoping that PCARS with it's flag system would address these type of issues. Get three off track incusions and you are black flagged and get a drive through penalty. And I mean 3 off tracks per race and not per lap!

My guess is, 90-95% of the Pcars drivers do not respect the rules. You, me and a few others respect these rules. And thats why we will never be on #1 in the leaderboards. I´ve read comments that there were very good track limits at the beginning of the development. But as time passed and they decided to go big (consoles), they removed those track limits more and more. Now it´s a "user friendly" game.

They started funding for Pcars 2 already. I give up on these series. As I did with GT too. They go the mainstream way and focus on an GT and Forza style game. So it will be a nice fun racer like GT and Forza. But nothing more.

Looks like iRacing will stay the king for a very very long time.

My guess is, 90-95% of the Pcars drivers do not respect the rules. You, me and a few others respect these rules. And thats why we will never be on #1 in the leaderboards. I´ve read comments that there were very good track limits at the beginning of the development. But as time passed and they decided to go big (consoles), they removed those track limits more and more. Now it´s a "user friendly" game.

They started funding for Pcars 2 already. I give up on these series. As I did with GT too. They go the mainstream way and focus on an GT and Forza style game. So it will be a nice fun racer like GT and Forza. But nothing more.

Looks like iRacing will stay the king for a very very long time.
Did you even read the main page ? It is going to be a rallycross game ,that alot different then the game they got know.

The "World Record" video was real funny, though his clean vs cut lap is not titled right. It should be titles "cut vs shortcut" because even his "clean" lap is not clean (2 tyres inside at all times).

As a programmer, I think you guys are underestimating the time it takes to make a "small change". While I think there are some good ideas in this thread, it will take some good time to iron out and implement.

The "World Record" video was real funny, though his clean vs cut lap is not titled right. It should be titles "cut vs shortcut" because even his "clean" lap is not clean (2 tyres inside at all times).

That is my point exactly. I didn't even finish watching the second one because of all the infractions :-(

As a programmer, I think you guys are underestimating the time it takes to make a "small change". While I think there are some good ideas in this thread, it will take some good time to iron out and implement.
Hmm, good point. Maybe we are jumping the gun. May I suggest these changes:
- Hire console testers.
- Hire PD's Replay Engineer
- Hire PD's Tune Saving Engineer (not to be confused with PD's Tune Setup Engineer; we don't want that guy)
- Hire any other UI Engineer

You, me and a few others respect these rules. And thats why we will never be on #1 in the leaderboards. I´ve read comments that there were very good track limits at the beginning of the development. But as time passed and they decided to go big (consoles), they removed those track limits more and more. Now it´s a "user friendly" game.
It's too bad they aren't continuing to work on the game and make improvements to things like track boundaries. You're right, I'd give up after a little more than a month because nothing will ever change. Oh wait...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/patch-2-0-all-platforms.330731/#post-10803838

* Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving.

Very interesting...:sly:

Are you sure:confused::boggled::eek::eek::guilty::guilty::ill::indiff::irked::irked::irked:................................:grumpy:....Totally the wrong way.......
Why do people just make **** up and others believe without doing a damn bit of checking themselves. You're sat typing on the greatest source of knowledge ever conceived yet you totally ignore it.

THE PROJECT CARS 2 VISION
PRO RACING. ANYTIME. ANYWHERE.

• THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Leagues, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
Project CARS 2 will be released for the PC, Sony’s Playstation 4, Microsoft’s Xbox One and Steam OS.

What are you waiting for? Become a member today and jump into the forums to be part of the ongoing virtual racing revolution that is Project CARS!
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/announcing-project-cars-2-sign-up-now/

What is your problem man , first off all English is not my native language so I try to express myself best way I can ;
So if my typing is so sad try to right the word SAD with a d pathetic person
The word is sat, it means 'to be sitting' ;)

But hey, maybe you were standing when you were typing so you have my apologies. Oh, and your welcome, for the PCars 2 info, don't mention it.

It's too bad they aren't continuing to work on the game and make improvements to things like track boundaries. You're right, I'd give up after a little more than a month because nothing will ever change. Oh wait...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/patch-2-0-all-platforms.330731/#post-10803838

* Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving.

Very interesting...:sly:

We will see. I really doubt they will improve the track limits a lot. The game must stay mainstream/fun racer friendly. At least 2 wheels must stay on the track. I am sure they will not improve it to that standards.

Remove the possibility for cutting corners and add off tracks like in iRacing. And delete all leaderboards after that. People cheat extremely.

Heres an sarcastic example

No "zat eez not how you dooh eeth"... you're cutting every corner... you'd be getting black flags every few secs in an actual race!

Like the background music though... and... you remind me of Borat! Yaackshamaysh!!

No "zat eez not how you dooh eeth"... you're cutting every corner... you'd be getting black flags every few secs in an actual race!

Like the background music though... and... you remind me of Borat! Yaackshamaysh!!
Cutting track boundaries like that would definately be cheating the way I see it.

1) Replays are way too short. Should offer at least two full laps.

2) Improve (reworked) camera angles for replay. (Not a five minute fix by seriously needed):eek:

3) Need the ability to display telemetry during replays.:confused:

Replays would be an excellent setup tool for drivers if they were longer and offered recorded telemetry.
In general there are far too many missing frames of your car when looking at replay data. :banghead:

4) Make the car you select in your garage be the same car shown upon leaving the garage, when entering a race, race weekend or practice session. Kind of weird that it's not.:odd:

Hopefully someone has already brought this to the attention of SMS and fellow gamers.
Pretty sure I'm not the first to encounter these. But just in case.........👍

Using DS4 on PC version I finally got to enjoy multiple laps without losing control. When hitting on all cylinders this is one hell of a game. A lot of fun with controller working smoothly. On PS4, I give up until I hear DS4 control has been fixed via update. :ouch:

They need to relabel the tires, the DTM C class has 3 tire options and you only know which one is the wet tire, the other 2 are named after some exotic balsamic vinegar and I'm not sure which is which,

They need to relabel the tires, the DTM C class has 3 tire options and you only know which one is the wet tire, the other 2 are named after some exotic balsamic vinegar and I'm not sure which is which,

Veino plus is like the option/soft tire. The other is the prime/hard tire.

I've already given my suggestion on the public PCars forum, but the main one I want is a timed race setting rather than always setting a number of laps.

Heheh thats not me. I had to lough a lot as I watched that video. Yeah totally Borat :D

Do you mean the instant replays from the pause screen? It does 2 minutes at the mo i think.

Yes my friend. If there are other replays, I don't know how to access them. Although on PS4 I think there is a way in the PS4 menu where you can post to YouTube.

Overall I would like to see telemetry display option on all replays.

Yeah, I remember watching a few replays where I thought I was clear when I wasn't. If the AI hadn't been reactive it would have been ugly. I imagine it's even more difficult online. It'd be a nice feature added or on PCARS 2.

Omg they did it! I just downloaded patch 3.0 and the reason I came here is no more!

They removed the mandatory button assignments for wheel configuration! I can now use my buttons how I want! :D

HAPPY DANCE!

Back