The Formula 1 Calendar ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 248 comments
Everyone got their Vegas tickets then? $2,000+ if you want to sit in a seat. Plus of course you'll be paying the same or more for a hotel. $500 to stand only in a specific area.

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 12-19-01 Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Tickets F1 Las Vegas Tickets.png

You could always go over to Planet Hollywood and watch from there, while massively overpaying for mediocre diner food and old movie props and...

...okay, maybe that's not a better option after all.

And here I was thinking that Zandvoort had ridiculous prices to just stand around in the sand.

Vegas Hotlap. It's not exactly the most inspiring layout to drive, but nothing looks massively single-file or an enormous section of consecutive corners to spread the cars out. I have some faith that this may produce an alright race.

There is also a zone that looks like the horrible T12-16 section at Miami, but this one is a lot wider and faster and how to do it properly.

Well of all the street circuits, that is certainly one of them. It looks....rather dull to drive. I'm not really seeing any natural overtaking spots so overtakes may be limited to boring DRS drags down the straight, but we'll see.

It's not amazing, but at least there's a fair amount of interesting scenery and seems to be enough room for the cars to move around some. I reckon how well the tires hold up will be a major factor in how interesting the race ends up being.

Here's a. Idea on how to improve visibility around the wiggly back section. Make it a STRAIGHT.

From what I can gather reading this, the solution to lack of runoff here is more aggressive kerbs that will slow the drivers down.
No. What they will do is make it so the drivers still have to take the corner at the same speed, but any tiny mistake and we get another Bolukbasi/Schumacher/Pourchaire/Leclerc style enormous shunt at these corners.

I notice that the wall that was hit twice and meant two drivers missed their races due to damage/injury hasn't been changed. Just moved beforehand.

This track gets worse and worse every time it appears.

Here's a. Idea on how to improve visibility around the wiggly back section. Make it a STRAIGHT.

From what I can gather reading this, the solution to lack of runoff here is more aggressive kerbs that will slow the drivers down.
No. What they will do is make it so the drivers still have to take the corner at the same speed, but any tiny mistake and we get another Bolukbasi/Schumacher/Pourchaire/Leclerc style enormous shunt at these corners.

I notice that the wall that was hit twice and meant two drivers missed their races due to damage/injury hasn't been changed. Just moved beforehand.

This track gets worse and worse every time it appears.
I don't think you've read it properly. A 50kmh speed reduction because they've tightened it up, rumble patches which are like the ones you get in motorway edges and bevelled kerbs replacing the steel ones which are much more forgiving. So, slower speeds, more forgiving kerbs combined with rumble pads, not more aggressive kerbs and same speeds..

Also, the fences at turn 8 and turn 10 have been changed to improve visibility (the site of Schumachers crash) and the kerbs through that section (which caused his crash) have been swapped from the aforementioned steel ones to the more forgiving bevelled ones.

Chinese Grand Prix has been cancelled again.

Now we just wait for Portimao to be confirmed in its place (hopefully). We may have too many races on the calendar next year, but a 4-week break early in the season is not an acceptable way to reduce that IMO.

I wonder if the organizers still have to pay the fee after canceling races? that can’t be cheap.

I like that track a lot, too bad it has to be there.

Last edited:
I wonder if the organizers still have to pay the fee after canceling races?
For as much as it costs to even get on the schedule, I'd be willing to bet that fee had to be paid well in advance and was spent the second it hit FOM's bank account.

I wonder if the organizers still have to pay the fee after canceling races? that can’t be cheap.

I like that track a lot, too bad it has to be there.
I have heard through the grapevine that since 2021, all circuits contracted but having to postpone, have to pay in full to keep their spot when it's possible. This will be the third year that F1 gets a nice pot of money for a race it can't go to in Shanghai.

I have heard through the grapevine that since 2021, all circuits contracted but having to postpone, have to pay in full to keep their spot when it's possible. This will be the third year that F1 gets a nice pot of money for a race it can't go to in Shanghai.
They would be paying 50 million dollars a year until 2025 according to this article.

That is a very nice sum of money for F1 from local governments.

Last edited:
The 6 Sprint venues have been chosen.
20221207_114532.jpg

Baku just had "crash" written all over it. Austria, Austin and Brazil are great choices as they regularly have excellent racing. Belgium shod be in the bracket, but it's been pretty poor in the last few years. We are hoping for changing conditions there.
Qatar was a great drivers circuit but overtaking was limited to one easy DRS zone, so this choice screams of "money".

The 6 Sprint venues have been chosen.
View attachment 1214028

Baku just had "crash" written all over it. Austria, Austin and Brazil are great choices as they regularly have excellent racing. Belgium shod be in the bracket, but it's been pretty poor in the last few years. We are hoping for changing conditions there.
Qatar was a great drivers circuit but overtaking was limited to one easy DRS zone, so this choice screams of "money".
Money over common sense it seems. Rather they make Monaco a sprint race over Baku.

Money over common sense it seems. Rather they make Monaco a sprint race over Baku
What? 🤣. A track that has delivered consistently good races with plenty of overtaking shouldn't be a sprint race but F1s annual procession should be? Nah.

These are great choices mostly, Spa is a small question mark but I'm glad they've chosen tracks that have proven entertainment value. The biggest question mark is Qatar, was a good circuit and an OK race but we are thinking back to 2021 and totally different cars, the newer cars have a better chance at delivering an exciting, or at least a more exciting race. Definitely worth a punt.

Or better yet, just give them these.

Would prefer another MR car

These would be great.

Esp. when the exotic world has seen an increase in manufacturers deciding to build track-only supercars in the past few years (P1/Senna GTR, Vulcan, XX Programme, Essenza, etc.) for millions of dollars. Just pick a manufacturer willing to do this for F1 in Monaco, limit production as they normally are, give 20-30 to the series (spares) and the sell the cars off afterwards. The cars wouldn't even need to be of the aforementioned caliber, they can be 300-500hp sports cars, but collectors & enthusiasts would definitely buy them with F1 driver-associated history & the FIA makes some extra change off them.

Last edited:
Nice but won't happen since Ferrari, Mercedes, Alpine, Aston or any other manufacturer wouldn't want so see their drivers on a F1 weekend in a McLaren, Lambo, etc.. Also they could get hurt and blablabla this and that. These days with the M1s are forever gone. We don't even get the Kart races in the winter in Paris like in the 90s anymore it seems that most F1 drivers aren't even allowed to participate in the RoC as long as they're contracted in F1 if they didn't cut that clause before signing.
I guess there would be more drivers like Alonso or Hülkenberg participating in Le Mans or Indy even during a F1 season if they would be allowed to but this is just not possible anymore these days. Absolutely shameful times.

Nice but won't happen since Ferrari, Mercedes, Alpine, Aston or any other manufacturer wouldn't want so see their drivers on a F1 weekend in a McLaren, Lambo, etc.. Also they could get hurt and blablabla this and that. These days with the M1s are forever gone. We don't even get the Kart races in the winter in Paris like in the 90s anymore it seems that most F1 drivers aren't even allowed to participate in the RoC as long as they're contracted in F1 if they didn't cut that clause before signing.
I guess there would be more drivers like Alonso or Hülkenberg participating in Le Mans or Indy even during a F1 season if they would be allowed to but this is just not possible anymore these days. Absolutely shameful times.
There's also the fact that no manufacturer that's not already in F1 wants to make a large investment like that, because there's simply not enough return on that investment for the manufacturer. Millions of dollars in development and manufacturing just for a handful of short gimmicky sprint events isn't going to really raise their profile any, and if Hamilton or Max or Leclerc start complaining that they don't like driving the cars or they don't feel fast or competitive, then those cars may as well be sent to the nearest junkyard because no one is going to want them.

There's also the fact that no manufacturer that's not already in F1 wants to make a large investment like that, because there's simply not enough return on that investment for the manufacturer. Millions of dollars in development and manufacturing just for a handful of short gimmicky sprint events isn't going to really raise their profile any, and if Hamilton or Max or Leclerc start complaining that they don't like driving the cars or they don't feel fast or competitive, then those cars may as well be sent to the nearest junkyard because no one is going to want them.
The thing is that it wouldn't be that large of an investment; most of these hyper track-focused supercars are built on already existing platforms & create large profits at $2-3 million+ being sold to owners who will either store them or pay the manufacturers to help run them. All a willing manufacturer has to do is pick a platform they've already developed a sports car on and go from there, doesn't even have to be that extreme in development like the Valkyrie. Whether the driver likes it or not shouldn't matter, it's a single-make race on equal ground and the cars being sold off afterwards should still bring in enough cash flow to offset the cars, esp. if it's a Max, Lewis, Charles, or even Alonso driven example.

Look at F1 cars that are sold w/ no running gear. Ocon's Force India 2017 example is coming up for sale in a week; he finished 8th w/ it & was barely a top 10 car and w/ no running gear, it'll still command $100,000+.

Edit* Just for example, this is a 1984 190E driven during the Race of Champions at the 'Ring. It was driven by Manfred Schurti, finishing 13th out of 20. It sold for $101,586 in 2020. People shell out money for F1 driven cars.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Karts around Monaco is what we all want, don't deny it.

Edit: Bring in a few of the old blood as invitations as well and turn it into a non-championship all star race.

Last edited:
Back