The Free Agents Thread - Looking for a drift team? Post here.

PSN ID: RedlineGTS
Location/Time Zone: Long Island, NY
Favorite Car(s): RUF BTR, Tom's X540 Chaser, BMW 135i
Favorite Track(s): Autumn Ring
Drifting Experience: 3 years in LFS, GT5 since release
Previous Team(s): LFS teams.
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: DFGT
Do you have a microphone?: Yes, but i primarily use Skype/TS for comms
How often do you drift on GT5?: Every other day.
What are you looking for in a team?: Talented drivers, good company, and awesome tandems :)
Anything else you would like to add?: I recently had a fan donate me a capture card, and i've started making and editing videos. Plus i've run a GT5 Photo blog for nearly a year and a half on Tumblr called FastLifeGT5. I'm just looking for some good, like-minded people to drift with. I've stayed a free agent for so long because i get frustrated online drifting with crashers and other noobish shenanigans. Oh, and i was in GT Academy 2012 for North America, so i race occasionally as well.

What are you looking for in a team?: Talented drivers, good company, and awesome tandems :)
Anything else you would like to add?: I recently had a fan donate me a capture card, and i've started making and editing videos. Plus i've run a GT5 Photo blog for nearly a year and a half on Tumblr called FastLifeGT5. I'm just looking for some good, like-minded people to drift with. I've stayed a free agent for so long because i get frustrated online drifting with crashers and other noobish shenanigans. Oh, and i was in GT Academy 2012 for North America, so i race occasionally as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAWnOOhR4E">YouTube Link</a>

Pm me ! We can talk

DGambino1
The free agent thread is helpful in announcing your availability and some teams are more open to recruiting than others.

You should re-read the comment that you quoted from me. It clearly states my thoughts on how to get recruited. If you are good enough (and a cool guy) you will get recognized by a team - eventually.

Can't believe he has the audacity to even comment on NEMESIS's recruiting clearly states invite only....... :lol:

Last edited:

Love that video!

PSN ID:the_mikelovin
Location/Time Zone:EST
Favorite Car(s):Anything Nissan:drool:, but I'm really open to different cars and styles.
Favorite Track(s):I really like the top gear test track mainly because its open and really fun to try new things on, but I also enjoy the Tsukuba circuit as well. pretty much anything with corners.
Drifting Experience: I've drifted with a wheel in other games such as nfs:shift but i have been drifting in gt5 for about 3-4 weeks now.
Previous Team(s):None.
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?:I currently have a DFGT but looking into upgrading.👍
Do you have a microphone?: Yessss.
How often do you drift on GT5?: Depends, if i have a 3 hour session I usually drift 1 and a half hours of that 3 hours.
What are you looking for in a team?: Just a fun team who are really accepting and just love to drift. I also would like to be part of a team that's really connected.
Anything else you would like to add?::crazy:

PSN ID: BeginLeFresh
Location/Time Zone: GMT -5:00
Favorite Car(s): BMW M3 E92, Infiniti G35, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Favorite Track(s): Tsukuba, Trial Mountain, Autumn Ring Reverse
Drifting Experience: Since GT4
Previous Team(s): none
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: Controller
Do you have a microphone?: No
How often do you drift on GT5?: At least 4 times a week
What are you looking for in a team?: People to drift with, people that share their tuning experience and help newcomers perfect their technique

Last edited:
PSN ID: BeginLeFresh
Location/Time Zone: North American Eastern
Favorite Car(s): BMW M3 E92, Infiniti G35, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Favorite Track(s): Tsukuba, Trial Mountain, Autumn Ring Reverse
Drifting Experience: Since GT4
How often do you drift on GT5?: At least 4 times a week
What are you looking for in a team?: People to drift with, people that share their tuning experience and help newcomers perfect their technique

I'll message you? 👍

PSN ID: Alexd1345
Location/Time Zone: Spain (GMT+1)
Favorite Car(s):240SX , Supra , AE86... JDM´s
Favorite Track(s):Grand Valley East, London, Trial mountain reverse...
Drifting Experience:Drifting since 2011 , when it came out.
Previous Team(s):Toxic Dose Crew , Elusive D , and many spanish teams.
Wheel or Controller? Controller
Do you have a microphone?:Spanish , got it , but I don´t use it.
How often do you drift on GT5?:Daily , more eon Fridays and Weekends.
What are you looking for in a team?:A team with nice people and friendly. Also skilled , of course.
Anything else you would like to add?:Nah , LOVE FOR JDM´S

PSN ID:k1999-0914
-- Japan and 6?7 -- [ -- Which / -- Team in front of firm belief -- (second) : / -- There is nothing, ] second:Hello of favorite music (vehicle (second): favorite drift experience of BNR34 :) -- Drift and control which bought GT5 with the laid-open disclosure date A wheel or controller:
-- it has a microphone -- What kind of kind of wheel which come out and is there when -- it -- That's right -- they are a you:microphone to invite and a controller. -- frequency GT5 -- how -- many -- drift or the week of :1 -- about 1 time:
-- For what is the team asked?
Drift:
Furthermore, you want to add.
There is nothing.
While not &#8593; Coming, is it good at ?

Careful, he doesn't speak the best of English. Recommended: teams with a member who speaks Japanese.

Disclaimer: I'm stating a fact of a trend I've noticed from his posts, not trying to start any problems. Stating a fact. And grabbing my coat.

PSN ID:k1999-0914
-- Japan and 6?7 -- [ -- Which / -- Team in front of firm belief -- (second) : / -- There is nothing, ] second:Hello of favorite music (vehicle (second): favorite drift experience of BNR34 :) -- Drift and control which bought GT5 with the laid-open disclosure date A wheel or controller:
-- it has a microphone -- What kind of kind of wheel which come out and is there when -- it -- That's right -- they are a you:microphone to invite and a controller. -- frequency GT5 -- how -- many -- drift or the week of :1 -- about 1 time:
-- For what is the team asked?
Drift:
Furthermore, you want to add.
There is nothing.
While not &#8593; Coming, is it good at ?

My rough decryption of the Japanese to English online Translation:
Timezone/Location: GMT +/-6-7hrs(not sure if there ahead or behind)
Favorite Car(s): Skyline BNR34
Favorite Track(s): Not Specified?
Drifting Experience: Since he he first got GT5?
Previous Team(s): None
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: Wheel and Controller (doesn't specify wheel make)
Do you have a microphone?: Yes
How often do you drift on GT5?: Once a week
What are you looking for in a team?: Drifting!
Anything else you would like to add?: No

PSN ID: SmokedBump
Location/Time Zone: New Zealand UTC+12
Favorite Car(s): Anything with a V8 and others, c63, ISF, 08 Challenger, 370z..
Favorite Track(s): Fuji, Grand Valley, Suzuka, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest etc
Drifting Experience: Come from a casual forza background, later coming back to the GT series with GT5 6 months ago and pretty much a full time fairly experienced drifter.
Previous Team(s): DKW Drift Team, not greatly known.
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: DS3, would love a wheel!
How often do you drift on GT5?: Nearly every day, sometimes taking a small break (you know how it is)
What are you looking for in a team?: I'm looking for a relaxed, fun and friendly team with fast paced tandems that has made an alright name for themselves online and here at GTP, and hopefully I might be able to contribute to that name myself. Also looking for that very serious side, comps, meets etc..
Anything else you would like to add?: Not much else to add really, find me in a lobby and no doubt you should learn more :) You really have to be there to believe, a piece of writing isn't enough :P

Last edited:
PSN ID: SharpKilla891
Location/Time Zone: USA (Eastern Time)
Favorite Car(s): Nissan 240sx, 2007 BMW 135i coupe, Toyota Supra RZ, and AE86.
Favorite Track(s): Suzuka Circuit East Course, Tsukuba Circuit, and Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse.
Drifting Experience: I started drifting on Gran Turismo 4, then I took a break when Gran Turismo 5 came out I took a break. Now I have been drifting on Gran Turismo 5 for about 4 months.
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: Controller dual shock 3.
How often do you drift on GT5?: All day and everyday pretty much.
What are you looking for in a team?: I am looking for a team that I can help grow and become the best team they can possibly be. I am also looking to expand my horizons in my drifting and be the best I can be. I am also looking for an easy going team.
Anything else you would like to add?: I have an hd capture card pvr 2 gaming edition so I can make videos, I am also very skilled at website development if that is needed.

PSN ID: SmokedBump
Location/Time Zone: New Zealand UTC+12
Favorite Car(s): Anything with a V8 and others, c63, ISF, 08 Challenger, 370z..
Favorite Track(s): Fuji, Grand Valley, Suzuka, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest etc
Drifting Experience: Come from a casual forza background, later coming back to the GT series with GT5 6 months ago and pretty much a full time fairly experienced drifter.
Previous Team(s): DKW Drift Team, not greatly known.
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: DS3, would love a wheel!
How often do you drift on GT5?: Nearly every day, sometimes taking a small break (you know how it is)
What are you looking for in a team?: I'm looking for a relaxed, fun and friendly team with fast paced tandems that has made an alright name for themselves online and here at GTP, and hopefully I might be able to contribute to that name myself. Also looking for that very serious side, comps, meets etc..
Anything else you would like to add?: Not much else to add really, find me in a lobby and no doubt you should learn more :) You really have to be there to believe, a piece of writing isn't enough :P

If you're interested drop by my team thread.

PSN ID:I_8_ELMO
Location/Time Zone:sydney australia (GMT+10)
Favorite Car(s):300zx, mustang trans-cammer, imprezers
Favorite Track(s):Tsukuba Circuit,suzuka east
Drifting Experience:i am relatively new to drifting but i know how to tunne the cars and i have good
Previous Team(s):none
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind? g27(also controller)
Do you have a microphone?:yes, turtle beaches
How often do you drift on GT5?:about three times a week
What are you looking for in a team?:a fun casual group of people to hang with
Anything else you would like to add?::)

PSN ID:I_8_ELMO
Location/Time Zone:sydney australia (GMT+10)
Favorite Car(s):300zx, mustang trans-cammer, imprezers
Favorite Track(s):Tsukuba Circuit,suzuka east
Drifting Experience:i am relatively new to drifting but i know how to tunne the cars and i have good
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind? g27(also controller)
Do you have a microphone?:yes, turtle beaches
How often do you drift on GT5?:about three times a week
What are you looking for in a team?:a fun casual group of people to hang with
Anything else you would like to add?::)

I am a co-leader of a team called MDT (morbids drift Krew) i can contact the leader if you would like to sort out dates for tryouts... we are only a fun team at the moment and want to get into battle if u wanna come for a casual team feel welcome to reply:)

PSN ID:KillswitchMapio
Location/Time Zone:mountain time
Favorite Car(s):falken rx7, s15, r32 gts-t, er32, anything i can get sideways
Favorite Track(s):Suzuka Circuit East Course, Tsukuba Circuit
Drifting Experience:been doin it since the game came out... real life for 3 years now
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?:contoller
Do you have a microphone?:yes
How often do you drift on GT5?:every night
What are you looking for in a team?:laid back guys who are always trying to step it up.
Anything else you would like to add?:give me a chance!

PSN ID: BigMo1225
Location/Time Zone: PST
Favorite Car(s): None
Favorite Track(s): None
Drifting Experience: None (I want to learn)
Previous Team(s): None
How often do you drift on GT5?: I've tried a couple of times now but I would like a coach something to help with the learning process.
What are you looking for in a team?: Help me learn to drift and have a good time.
Anything else you would like to add?:

PSN ID: LKJBL_ <The underscore is apart of it
Location/Time Zone: Columbus, oHio/ EST
Favorite Car(s): AE86, FC3S, MA70 MK3 Supra, JZA80 Mk4 Supra, Datsun 280z, c5 + c6 Vette, Toyota Cressida (all years)
Favorite Track(s): Tsukuba, Deep Forest Raceway, Mazda Laguna Seca
Drifting Experience: Been drifting on Forza since 2 came out til last year when I finally picked up GT5 and have been drifting on it alost every night since I've had it. I also am a frequent show up and entry to all drift practices and events around Columbus Ohio
Previous Team(s): N/A
Do you have a microphone?: Not at the moment
How often do you drift on GT5?: Atleast 2-3 times a week
What are you looking for in a team?: One with reliabiliy, one thats not gonna fall apart in a month. A team with direction, goals to acheive, one that like to compete against other teams, be it friendly and competitively, and a team with organization.
Anything else you would like to add?: Hit me up, I'm very respectful. Best way to get ahold of me on PSN. I take direction well. I get along wiht a lot of ppl. I usually drift wiht my Supra or sileighty or 180sx with around 400hp-500hp

PSN ID: Sk1d2day
Location/Time Zone: Australia, Brisbane
Favorite Car(s): SPIRT R RX7
Favorite Track(s): SUZUKA EAST CIRCUT
Drifting Experience: 1 year
Previous Team(s):
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: No
How often do you drift on GT5?: Daily
What are you looking for in a team?: Fun Team, Good drifters, Daily play/ competitions
nah

PSN ID: Sk1d2day
Location/Time Zone: Australia, Brisbane
Favorite Car(s): SPIRT R RX7
Favorite Track(s): SUZUKA EAST CIRCUT
Drifting Experience: 1 year
Previous Team(s):
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: No
How often do you drift on GT5?: Daily
What are you looking for in a team?: Fun Team, Good drifters, Daily play/ competitions
nah

Add JDM_Tuning_JZX90, also hit me up on my thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN ID: Lspredator
Name: Lars
Micrephone: Yes
Location/Time Zone: Norway
Favorite Car(s): Supra RZ '97, TOM'S CHASER, Nissan SILVIA (S13), Mazda éfini RX-7 FD.
Drifting Experience: 2 yers with Wheel
Previous Team(s): DRIFTMONKEY, Liquid, Lamovella
Wheel or Controller?: Logitech G27
How often do you drift on GT5?: Everyday Mostly
What are you looking for in a team: Active team :)
Like to tandem drift :)

Last edited:
PSN ID: Lspredator
Name: Lars
Micrephone: Yes
Location/Time Zone: Norway
Favorite Car(s): Supra RZ '97, TOM'S CHASER, Nissan SILVIA (S13), Mazda éfini RX-7 FD. Drifting Experience: 2 yers with Wheel
Previous Team(s): DriftMonkey, Liquid, Lamovella Wheel or Controller?: Logitech G27
How often do you drift on GT5?: Everyday Mostly What are you looking for in a team: Active team :)
Like ti tandem drift :)

Add me on psn at SharpKilla891 and be sure to check out my team thread "Team Drift Effect"

PSN ID: robinisaksen
Location/Time Zone: SWE SWEDISH Time (GMT )
Favorite Car(s): Nissan 240sx Nissan silvia , bmw z4 coupe mazda rx7
Favorite Track(s): , Deep Forest, Toscana
GT5 Drifting Experience: Been drifting controller since 2011, On a scale from 1-10, I'd say a 8
Previous GT5 Team(s): None
Wheel or Controller? If you have a wheel, what kind?: None
How often do you drift on GT5?: at least every day :)
What do you look for in a team? Fun, chill, learning GT5. Battles, not really a priority, I just like to chill out and have fun.
Anything else you would like to add?: try me out :)

Back